The forum is dead!!!

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
brman

The forum is dead!!!

Unread post by brman »

Firstly I want to say thank you for Mike and Gal. These 2 persons helped me a lot talking and giving hope and the will to survive. I think that it is the time for I do the same.
Hello and happy easter to everybody. I saw that the forum is dead and I'm back here seeing all the posts. I think that i can help this forum have a lot of members and install a forum with more secirity or even write a new system forum. I'm back here after a a lot of time of hard work in my business. I have a lot of things to share. Each pssd case need a different approach and I think that is time for I and others with good strategies and empirical evidence give a jump start for the people that are fucked up. I want help if you allow me. I can do other site or forum if I want, but I think that where the things begun they need to continue. I also want to say thank you for Sonny for begin this forum and here I meet a lot of nice people. And about the stalker I can really help, I just simply can simply can fuck up all his or their internet business. And belive me they are all lammers. For now is just it. Happy Easter for everybody.
Ghost

Re: The forum is dead!!!

Unread post by Ghost »

brman wrote:Firstly I want to say thank you for Mike and Gal. These 2 persons helped me a lot talking and giving hope and the will to survive. I think that it is the time for I do the same.
Hello and happy easter to everybody. I saw that the forum is dead and I'm back here seeing all the posts. I think that i can help this forum have a lot of members and install a forum with more secirity or even write a new system forum. I'm back here after a a lot of time of hard work in my business. I have a lot of things to share. Each pssd case need a different approach and I think that is time for I and others with good strategies and empirical evidence give a jump start for the people that are fucked up. I want help if you allow me. I can do other site or forum if I want, but I think that where the things begun they need to continue. I also want to say thank you for Sonny for begin this forum and here I meet a lot of nice people. And about the stalker I can really help, I just simply can simply can fuck up all his or their internet business. And belive me they are all lammers. For now is just it. Happy Easter for everybody.
I'd love to hear ideas. I'm always open to advice. I agree that the forum can't stay closed indefinitely.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
EricCartmanRJ

Unread post by EricCartmanRJ »

Sometimes I guess people are fine around here.
I gave up asking for ideas, because this community doesn't seem to be very united and supportive.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

EricCartmanRJ wrote:Sometimes I guess people are fine around here.
I gave up asking for ideas, because this community doesn't seem to be very united and supportive.
:/ I'm sorry. I'm hoping to bring it back to what it was when I joined: Inclusive and there to help people out.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Foxx

Unread post by Foxx »

True. Forum is dying. There is no other way than open it again and simply ban people who break "terms of use". I guess more site admins would be needed. Otherwise we'll lose it.
xlmplmplmp

Unread post by xlmplmplmp »

Unfortunately, if we had better news to give people I think there would be more activity. Right now it seems we are grasping at straws without much success. Nothing I've taken has substantially improved my symptoms. I'm not trying to be fatalistic here, it's just that outside of maybe one or two people I haven't read much that's reassuring. The answer may be out there in the future but it seems we're all still in the dark for a while.
fasttrack1982

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

Xlmplmplmp; I agree with you, my symptoms have not changed at all in two years, and nothing I've taken has changed my symptoms for better or worse. That being said, I think it is important that we maintain this forum as a support group, as a means of potentially organizing research in the future, to spread awareness, and in the event that a new drug or treatment does come out that can benefit us. There are going to be new drugs coming out in coming years, maybe something will help. I think we need to worry less about trying every drug and supplement known to man, and more about looking at the big picutre of what is going on in our brains that cause these problems. Or maybe we will gain insight into at least nature of the problem, i.e. what is going on in the brain that causes our symptoms, even if we don't currently have any treatments.
cyrus91

Unread post by cyrus91 »

I agree, I have been a member here for nearly 3 years, in the beginning I would spend hours here feverishly researching, stalking with desperate hope to solve this and perhaps part of that too was that there seemed to be more substance here then. Then I made up my ordered treatment plan of things to try for the next 18 months (for eg. January- Piracetam, April- Huperzine/Choline, October- Ropinerole, February- alpha blocker etc.) I tried several different things with very little success. Now I seemed to have less enthusiasm to try anything else and have not attempted any of the treatments we discuss here in about a year. BUT I still check in here from time to time just in case one of us has a breakthough or a helpful finding. So although I have less optimism of things being the way they once were for me, I still see value in coming here to perhaps help me best adapt to my situation and hopefully find something to allow us to at least function sexually even if it is not the way we once were. And I too agree it is a great support network that we should try to keep intact for us.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I agree that we haven't had a reassuring record of ending symptoms, but I'm really happy with the research we have pulled together. For me, I think that the forum is a great way to do that. This isn't something that we most of us will be recovered from anytime soon, but more of a long term support and research platform. I know that EVERYTHING about my life has changed as a result of finding this forum. It's changed my career path, view on life, and quite possibly saved my life as well. The reason I've stayed active in researching and responding to comments the past 1.5 years if because I want to be able to help people in the way that Sonny helped me. I know it may be a little naive to think that I can cure this shit, but fuck it, I think I'm closer than ever, and I really have nothing to lose by trying.

Without this forum, many of us would be totally in the dark. Think about it: How long would it have taken each of us to put together the extremely complex PSSD theory that we now have if we had tried to do it on our own? It wouldn't have happened. It hurts me when I think of the people I lock out by not opening the forum. I'm really disappointed that things have to be this way at the moment.
Maldoror

Unread post by Maldoror »

I'm grateful for this forum but unfortunately it being closed to new members is killing it.

I'm also grateful for the research you guys do but personally by own way to deal with PSSD is more about acceptance and about learning to express myself sexually with the limitations I now have.
Last edited by Maldoror on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.