pssd.forumotion.com website recreated

Administrative notes and announcements.
krawt

Re: pssd.forumotion.com website recreated

Unread post by krawt »

Thanks a lot! There was a lot of important information on that forum that went missing...at least we have one now, hopefully we get back most of our members, I'm still hoping that we get back the old forum. Also I noticed that a lot of cached pages are missing here that can be found by using site:pssd.forumotion.com as a search term or that + keywords to get results. Maybe they can be ported over before they disappear?
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Hi krawt, unfortunately if you try clicking on any of those pages you'll get an adf.ly redirect since they just link to the original forum. The only place that anything is really salvageable from is https://web.archive.org/web/20140219160 ... otion.com/ , and I've re-posted the majority of what's accessible there on here.
Speratus

Unread post by Speratus »

This is so great. Easily the most useful, hopeful and comprehensive online source about this condition. Moloch, and the rest of the gang responsible for restoring this site, thank you so much. And once again, Thank you so much Sonny that you for all the time and energy you've put into this forum since its inception, it means a lot to so many people. Probably more than you might realise. I couldn't believe it when the forum was banned, not that I'm one to be conspiracy inclined, but it almost made me think that there was some vested interested that did not approve of open and frank discussion
hashim

Unread post by hashim »

Speratus wrote:This is so great. Easily the most useful, hopeful and comprehensive online source about this condition. Moloch, and the rest of the gang responsible for restoring this site, thank you so much. And once again, Thank you so much Sonny that you for all the time and energy you've put into this forum since its inception, it means a lot to so many people. Probably more than you might realise. I couldn't believe it when the forum was banned, not that I'm one to be conspiracy inclined, but it almost made me think that there was some vested interested that did not approve of open and frank discussion
twaz definitely big pharma . how else could it effective as there was nothing i remember illegal on old forum?
hashim

Unread post by hashim »

catalunya wrote:i'm pretty sure it wasn't the pharmaceutical industry.
years ago i had site on forum otion and it wass clean as whistle. no issue at all n then cuz it was about sports and some about politics. but then i one week i was away and some posting was going on about flame wars and there were death threats publicly. 1 week later forum was ban. my point is . what reason do they give as they must have reason or can't ban?
hashim

Unread post by hashim »

catalunya wrote:forumotion just pointed to a violation of the terms and conditions.

there was a recently disgruntled member on the old forum who created a host of problems that may certainly have violated the terms and conditions when viewed from an outside perspective with no knowledge of the recent happenings. that aside, the pharmaceutical industry has larger issues to deal with than dealing with a such a small forum in existence for four+ years without issue.

the forum certainly was reported, although i'm pretty certain it wasn't reported by the pharmaceutical industry.
but the report would have to have something to prove. how could he prove something if there is nothing illegal? im sorry. it just does make no sense to me.
Octopus

Unread post by Octopus »

Micromegas wrote:So glad to see this. I'm not usually a forum user, but I'll admit I really felt a sense of loss when I saw the old forum was down, with all that info and all those testimonials gone in one fell swoop.
yes. Same here. I was super bummed when I saw the old forum was down and I'm relieved to see you guys have gotten things up and running again.

Thanks so much to Moloch, Sonny, catalunya and everyone else involved in creating and maintaining this forum. I sure am glad to have you back :)
hashim

Unread post by hashim »

catalunya wrote:
hashim wrote:
catalunya wrote:forumotion just pointed to a violation of the terms and conditions.

there was a recently disgruntled member on the old forum who created a host of problems that may certainly have violated the terms and conditions when viewed from an outside perspective with no knowledge of the recent happenings. that aside, the pharmaceutical industry has larger issues to deal with than dealing with a such a small forum in existence for four+ years without issue.

the forum certainly was reported, although i'm pretty certain it wasn't reported by the pharmaceutical industry.
but the report would have to have something to prove. how could he prove something if there is nothing illegal? im sorry. it just does make no sense to me.
there were threads and posts that certainly contained
[*]Hateful or abusive content
[*]Defamatory content and / or affecting the integrity of a person

i believe there were also links to copyrighted texts which would constitute
[*]Copyright infringement

all according to onlineguardian, the lame system monitoring forumotion.

i mean, i have no idea whether or not these were the infractions that got the forum banned, although i suspect one or more of the above were.
maybe he or she hire a lawyer to contact the online guardian?
Micromegas

Unread post by Micromegas »

Good idea on the Recent Topics section. It makes it really easy to keep up with new posts.
krawt

Unread post by krawt »

Moloch wrote:Hi krawt, unfortunately if you try clicking on any of those pages you'll get an adf.ly redirect since they just link to the original forum. The only place that anything is really salvageable from is https://web.archive.org/web/20140219160 ... otion.com/ , and I've re-posted the majority of what's accessible there on here.
You can view some of them if you use the cache function google provides.