ANNOUNCEMENT: FDA Letter (Includes Dr. Healy)

Administrative notes and announcements.
pssd'd

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: FDA Letter (Includes Dr. Healy)

Unread post by pssd'd »

Should this be cross-posted on surivingantidepressants or other forums?
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

I begin to think that the FDA will not publish almost all the comments of those reporting that they have PSSD !!! it would be a scandalous thing, do not you think? do you confirm that out of 25 comments only 3 are visible? and 2 of these not useful ???
Dubya_B

Unread post by Dubya_B »

This is outrageous. None of the 3 comments are useful, because none of them describe PSSD.

The only one that mentions an SSRI states that the poster doesn't have sexual side effects after 4 years of SSRI/SNRI use; although, they switched to an SSRI/SNRI from Lexapro because of sexual side effects? This doesn't even make sense.

Do they consider any mention of PSSD as part of a mass mailing campaign? How else is any PSSD sufferer supposed to know about this petition?

How can one believe that the FDA employees overseeing this are doing anything but squelching the voices of PSSD sufferers?
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

The detailed rules of posting comments
https://www.regulations.gov/docs/Tips_F ... mments.pdf

Indeed strange, because the three posted are either a spam, completely irrelevant or not align to described rules.

If you accepted something like " I took SSRI for 4 years and didn't had any sexual dysfunction" what stops you from publish " I took SSRI for 4 years and have persistent sexual dysfunction"? They are on the same level and purely anecdotal

The pro opioid comment in place like this is really shameful, it creates the impression that moderation is not really reading the content or caring about their own rules
anacleta

can someone intervene by writing an email to have explanations about the censorship of the comments on pssd? it asks for name and surname.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

I feel that all psychiatric drugs are made not to treat anyone but to "pacify" inconvenient depresed etc members of society. If we assume that this statement is real all our effords are in vain.
I remember that 2 years ago i was leaving comment on every forum and everything was removed and so on...
But i hope i m wrong...
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Brooks Esq.

Unread post by Brooks Esq. »

Yeah I understand you alls frustration regarding the commentary not being posted. Rest assured, I do not sense any foul play here, I say this because myself and a bunch of MDs introduced some devastating commentary on Finasteride when the Post Finasteride Syndrome Foundation posted their petition to remove Finasteride from the US drug market and they published it lol, see for yourself

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=FDA-2017-P-5787

You guys also need to keep in mind that these comment periods are usually months long, we are just catching this one on the tail end. Those three comments were probably submitted months ago. This is the federal government here, they move at like a snails pace.

Brooks
anacleta

Dr. Healy is one of the only doctors in the world who has been interested in pssd for several years, urging pharmacovigilance agencies to recognize the syndrome, experimenting with drugs seeking treatment, and advancing assumptions about etiology. he has opened a prize for the collection of a fund to be allocated to those who will find the cure for the PSSD. but if this does not happen, the money collected (through our donations) can be used for some specific study on pssd. in the last year he published the citizen petition for the official recognition of the pssd. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6004927/
Brooks Esq.

Unread post by Brooks Esq. »

zadig777 wrote:whats this Dr. Healy point even?
what does he benefit from this?
if he wants to find a cure,why doesnt he join this forum?
how can he even fight vs big pharma,those are serious corporation,they can even threat his life because of this u know?
idk whats his benefit,and is he sencere about this
i dont think he is,im just being realistic about this
is he that rich to give prize money for pssd cure?

i think we even need to discuss this questions also

i think hes just using pfs and pssd to get on a good reputation,as an real doctor out of the ordinary

what are ur thoughts about this?
I dont know if personal attacks on the writer are necessary. Personally, I do not care what his "motive" was, I just care that it was done and we finally have the chance to put PSSD on the map. I do not follow your reasoning that this endeavor should not be supported due to the subjective motives of the author; aka Dr. Healy.
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Still no confirm. the other innacurate comments were approved within a couple of days each other. Its almost November now and then Christmas.

Keep posting your comments. Pile on the pressure!
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old