Clomid

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Spins

Re: Clomid

Unread post by Spins »

Brian cook wrote:Thank you very much Spins for your reply. May i ask you why did your doctor put you on clomid and not TRT or HCG?
Did he tell you if you have to be on clomid for life? or once you T level is good you can stop it and it will fix it? I am afraid that the T level drops after stopping the clomid.

After one week, do you think it has improved your libido and sex drive?

Thanks man
Yes, so the clomid was chosen purely for the idea of boosting T levels to combat the fatigue, sexual issues etc.. without sterilizing me such that I can have more kids if I want them and to potentially prevent further testicular atrophy. HCG would have also been an approach and I have heard of people stacking Clomid and HCG. I didnt want to do that until I saw how I responded to clomid. In terms of TRT, please do not be fooled by anyone on this forum that taking it will not shut you down your sperm production. It can seriously impact sperm production in as little as one application/injection and once it is gone, they might not be able to get it back. So if you want kids, stay away from TRT until you are done with kids. I've heard of stacking TRT with HCG to preserve your testicles, but I wanted the bare minimum approach in treating this. At some point, if estrogen rises too much with the clomid, we will add an aromatase inhibitor.

In terms of rebooting me and coming off, she mentioned nothing in terms of that famous "body builder reboot" that you hear of on clomid. You have to have functional testicles for clomid to work and many body builders are shut down in that department. She is did elude to my HPA axis being "damaged" but never admitted what did it (i.e., the pysch meds) and therefore would not rebound on its own.

Little more libido but not a cure at all. Like I said my energy and cognitive issues have improved somewhat but it's still so early. I'm prepared to take it for it along time so that I function in life.
Brian cook

Unread post by Brian cook »

Thanks man, May i ask you about your estrogen level? was it in the range?
Spins

Unread post by Spins »

Brian cook wrote:Thanks man, May i ask you about your estrogen level? was it in the range?
Both estrogen and estradiol were normal. My LH and FSH were borderline low, barely within normal range. T was low and it was the only thing that prompted them to help me. Like most others, I didnt have the best reception of doctors when my hormones looked good on paper but had absolutely no sex drive.
Brian cook

Unread post by Brian cook »

Hello Spins,

Can you give us an update bro? Really hope you are doing well on Clomid.
healing

Unread post by healing »

I've been on clomid/anastrozole for 6 months and it's very well received by my body. It's taken my total testosterone from 368 to 978 ng/dL. It's even a little too high, and I've since lowered my dosage under the guidance of Dr. Goldstein. I haven't had any noticeable negative side effects, other than hair thinning (increased DHT). In terms of its effects on pssd, I've noticed more frequent/harder morning erections within the past few months, when my testosterone levels have been higher. That being said, I've also been lifting/eating better/sleeping more in the past 6 months, so I cannot claim that it's 100% the result of the clomid.
Lexapro 2016. Sexual, emotional, and cognitive symptoms.

Email: healingpssd1@gmail.com
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Redundant topics have been merged. This forums uses topic links as ways to link pages/people to all the information on a certain topic. These resources are not a helpful tool for people to use to find info quickly if there are multiple threads It's also just really confusing to have 5 threads for one thing. Admins merge several topics a day. It eats up time to do other things like reply to messages or research new treatments. Please use the search bar. Only create a new topic if one doesn't already exist. This is all laid out in the Forum Rules.
PSSD Forum Rules: #11 wrote: Use the search bar in the top right corner before you start a new topic. Having 15 threads about the same drug is totally useless. Don't start a topic asking a question that has already been answered or a topic that should be in another thread. Repetitive threads will be merged or deleted.
Because of our forum's organization, we are able to maintain informational resources such as:
[Suggested Treatment Plan]
[What's been tried]
(These are also good places to start before creating a new topic)
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Truskawa

Unread post by Truskawa »

Those who had improvements while on Clomid, how long did it take untill first effects showed up?
Lady Rose

Unread post by Lady Rose »

Could I please get an answer? How Long dit it take until first effects showed up under clomid 3 times a week.