Insights into the cause of PSSD

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Godfuckingdamnit

Re: Insights into the cause of PSSD

Unread post by Godfuckingdamnit »

succubus76 wrote:You can make people believe any no sense if you talk serious enough. Fecal transplants lmaooooooooo this guy
To be clear, I'm not into DIY like OP. I was just thinking about trying to find a clinic that performed this.
Then, if you wanna mock the outlandishness of the idea itself, go ahead; nothing to say against that...
PSSD 3-2018, at28.
Effexor for 14 days total (PSSD on 3rd day).
Developed Ulcerative Colitis shortly thereafter.
PSSD start: intense tingling and penis went flaccid.
ED, numbness, little to no libido. Few weak morning woods.
jjr81

Unread post by jjr81 »

succubus76 wrote:You can make people believe any no sense if you talk serious enough. Fecal transplants lmaooooooooo this guy
Lol so true. Yes the gut might be effected but that's downstream. A few guys on propeciahelp tried fecal transplants. Didn't work and one committed suicide later.
Letssolvethissh

Unread post by Letssolvethissh »

jjr81 wrote:
Lol so true. Yes the gut might be effected but that's downstream. A few guys on propeciahelp tried fecal transplants. Didn't work and one committed suicide later.
He did it cause the transplant made things worst?
JK24

Unread post by JK24 »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6032096/

Depression, anxiety and even anhedonia are clearly linked to gut microbiota - why shouldn‘t it also affect sex drive, the loss of which is also a common symptom of depression?

I for one got PSSD from a few doses of 5-HTP, and have been suffering from VERY irregular and strange stool every since. Not kidding. Also I noticed, that small sexual windows coincide with more normal digestion. I am quite interested in this and I would be willing to try this line of treatment eventually. For now I will take pills that are supposed to strengthen the gut microbiome, which I got from a doctor. If it doesn‘t help I will try a different, more potent probiotic, and if all fails I would be willing to try FMT. There‘s a clinic near where I live that offers FMT treatment from meticulously tested healthy donors, but it‘s extremely expensive. Will see. I also have a non-depressed healthy twin brother who would make a good donor, if he agress to it, I guess.

By the way, I also suffer from depression, and I am currently on Wellbutrin. Don‘t know if that will have any positive or negative effect. Wellbutrin didn‘t help with the PSSD symptoms.

What confuses me a lot: What do people here mean when they say genital numbness? Or skin numbness? Have you fellow PSSD sufferers literally lost your sense of touch in these areas or do you just mean you‘re insensitive to pleasant, sexually connotated touches? I suffer from the latter not the former - anyway, off-topic.

If there‘s anything to report, I‘ll report.
JK24

Unread post by JK24 »

jjr81 wrote:
The study I posted suggests that it also works „upstream“, meaning you can change the depression/anhedonia/anxiety behaviour of rats by transplanting them the gut bacteria of either healthy or depressed HUMANS. So there‘s clearly a link. The fact that I used to have a very healthy digestive system before I took 5-HTP, and after that, it has been really, noticeably weird ever since, makes this information even more interesting, I think.

Are there any fellow PSSD sufferers who also report digestive disturbances coinciding with their sexual/anhedonia symptoms?
Sheep

Unread post by Sheep »

JK24 wrote:
jjr81 wrote:
The study I posted suggests that it also works „upstream“, meaning you can change the depression/anhedonia/anxiety behaviour of rats by transplanting them the gut bacteria of either healthy or depressed HUMANS. So there‘s clearly a link. The fact that I used to have a very healthy digestive system before I took 5-HTP, and after that, it has been really, noticeably weird ever since, makes this information even more interesting, I think.

Are there any fellow PSSD sufferers who also report digestive disturbances coinciding with their sexual/anhedonia symptoms?
When I started SSRI I didn't notice much except that I constantly had to fart and more often had digestive pain in my stomach. I heard Serotonin does a lot that has to do with the gut. The farting thing got a lot less severe when I stopped for a while but I feel like I get diarrhea and constipation way more often than I used to. Even my mom seems to agree on that, yet ofcourse she'll call my crazy of I relate it to the pill. On top of this, I basically lost all emotion in my gut, more than any other part of my body. I wonder if that's a coincidence. Anyways, if the digestive system is highly effected that doesn't really mean it has much to do with the cause aa a ton of things seem to get effected but..I dunno some kind of relation seems plausible to me for whatever reason. But aside from that OPs claims feel kinda..silly?
Gameclay

Unread post by Gameclay »

JK24 wrote:
jjr81 wrote:

I have PSSD from 5-HTP and my digestive system is fine. I eat all kinds of food some very spicy even
Rb26dett

Unread post by Rb26dett »

I have PSSD from 5htp to. From first day, I noticed gut problems. I still have costipation and I have to go bathroom only 1 time every 10 days.
Paroxetine from 11-2012 to 08-2018 never had sexual disfunction.
Added 5-htp for help with Paroxetine withdrawal, then I got severe PSSD, with altered hormones levels and CFS.
Symptoms worsened with time.
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Hey, SSRI can cause gut problems in first days or weeks. High serotonin dosing can also cause gut problems at first times. Can be normal.
And yes gut problems can be the key for depression, anxiety and sexual dysfunction.
HereToHeal

Unread post by HereToHeal »

Has anybody apart from OP actually tried Fecal Transplants in this forum?
Its weird that this story came out more than a year ago and nobody has given it a try. Might be worth it.