Urecholine (bethanechol)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
magnilo

Re: Urecholine (bethanechol)

Unread post by magnilo »

have been taking it for one week now, (first 50mg per day and now 75mg). frankly i cant discern any positive or negative effect on sexuality. the only thing i think im noticing is (get ready for ugly) a difference in gastrointestinal motility (in a positive way) and in how easily i can get rid of mucus in my throat.
ill finish the package at 100mg dosage per day and it should last two more weeks
spleshhh1

Unread post by spleshhh1 »

Is there any point to try it?
I v just recived it
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

i've noticed something, some ejaculations are really very very strong and others are really weak, i dont want to say that it "oozes out" but are really weak.
usually i expereience very strong ejaculations when i havent ejaculated in a while and had lot of "sexually tense" moments.there is no correlation between these things in that case, as i am not having any sexually tense moments lately and am masturbating regularly. I therefore think its due to the bethanecol, but have not managed to find the definitive pattern yet. so in some way, it is doing something.
spleshhh1 wrote:Is there any point to try it?
I v just recived it
if you have it i would just give it a go
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

magnilo wrote:i've noticed something, some ejaculations are really very very strong and others are really weak, i dont want to say that it "oozes out" but are really weak.
usually i expereience very strong ejaculations when i havent ejaculated in a while and had lot of "sexually tense" moments.there is no correlation between these things in that case, as i am not having any sexually tense moments lately and am masturbating regularly. I therefore think its due to the bethanecol, but have not managed to find the definitive pattern yet. so in some way, it is doing something.
Stronger ejaculations mean more pleasure?
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

taarn wrote:
magnilo wrote:i've noticed something, some ejaculations are really very very strong and others are really weak, i dont want to say that it "oozes out" but are really weak.
Stronger ejaculations mean more pleasure?
yeah in general i would say so, i think i read that the actual pleasure males experience from orgasms is due to the ejaculate travelling in the urethra. although i wouldnt say the pleasure i experienced was "supra phisiological" or "uncommon", it was just like one of the good days :)
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 6X8990038X

"Reversal of androgen inhibition of estrogen-activated sexual behavior by cholinergic agents

Androgens have been found to inhibit lordosis activated by estrogen treatment of ovariectomized female rats. In the present experiments, dihydrotestosterone propionate (200 μg for 3 days) inhibited the incidence of lordosis in ovariectomized females treated with estradiol benzoate (1 μg for 3 days). This inhibition of lordosis was reversed 15 min after bilateral intraventricular infusion of physostigmine (10 μg/cannula), an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, or carbachol (0.5 μg/cannula), a cholinergic receptor agonist. This reversal of inhibition appears to be mediated by cholinergic muscarinic receptors since pretreatment with scopolamine (4 mg/kg, ip), a muscarinic receptor blocker, prevented the reversal of androgen inhibition by physostigmine. These results indicate that androgens may inhibit estrogen-activated lordosis through interference with central cholinergic muscarinic mechanisms."

Just foot for tought, in a case that PSSD is caused by androgen theory.
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

I'm trialing bethanechol for 3 days now and to me it seems very likely that it's not too useful in treating or reversing PSSD. I experienced some thirst while on it and frequent urinating. It somewhat helped with the impaired control over my pelvic muscles and weirdness when urinating. Probably it's somewhat useful to those who has complete genital anesthesia which shouldn't be interchanged with missing pleasure, or to those who has partially working sexual function, I mean they have some real drive and likely able to experience some pleasure at their baseline.

For real improvements you'll very likely need a real acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, preferably one that penetrates the BBB. A peripheral muscarinic stimulator doesn't make sense to improve libido and pleasure if those issues stem from abnormal brain activity.

I also suspect that the recovery of Zolofthater has to do something with his drug usage. He took MDMA, psylocibin and even combined these and also used weed.
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

taarn wrote: I also suspect that the recovery of Zolofthater has to do something with his drug usage. He took MDMA, psylocibin and even combined these and also used weed.
It can be. It's not the first one who claimed a recover with MDMA and shrooms.
iii1i1i1

Unread post by iii1i1i1 »

Two weeks of Ubretid. No change.
rmichaelballow

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

1. What was your dose on Uridine?
2. What was your dose on CDP Choline?
3. How long did you dose them?
4. Did you dose them together?
5. Did you have the other necessary elements for adult neurogenesis in? Like DHA, B vitamins, and Selenium?

These are all relevant to why Uridine/CDP Choline did not help you.