Urecholine (bethanechol)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Jaxx

Re: Urecholine (bethanechol)

Unread post by Jaxx »

This video describes a negative relationship with dopamine, which would explain our issues. What makes me wonder is how this helps some others then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUsrje8bK7U
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

Bethanechol doesn't cross the blood - brain barrier so I think there shouldn't be an issue with the acetylcholine - dopamine interaction in the brain.

How it can improve PSSD is by having a peripheral effect and stimulating muscarinic receptors and improving neural signaling.
For example since getting full PSSD or better just name it sexual dysfunction, I notice a disconnection between my brain and my genital area, including muscles. So not just the pleasure disappeared totally from the area, but I kind of lost the previous level of control over those muscles, it's harder to contract them voluntarily and it's harder to urinate as well. The overall feeling of that area became somewhat weird.

I'm currently waiting for bethanechol to arrive and I'm very curious if it will cause any improvement. I'm also thinking about combining it with an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor which acts centrally, however I guess I will have to be more concerned with dosage.
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

taarn wrote: I notice a disconnection between my brain and my genital area, including muscles. So not just the pleasure disappeared totally from the area, but I kind of lost the previous level of control over those muscles, it's harder to contract them voluntarily and it's harder to urinate as well. The overall feeling of that area became somewhat weird.
same for me and exactly why i am eager to give it a shot!
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

will be interesting to hear from others. Fact that 2 people had (surprising) numbness seems difficult to explain. I did combine it with prami, but thats the only difference i can come up with that was different to the others.

It also did help me with energy and focus, so i do miss that as energy is a major issue.
Also makes me interested in piracetam and modafinil.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Maybe Ill try again.
Knifli

Unread post by Knifli »

Jaxx wrote:will be interesting to hear from others. Fact that 2 people had (surprising) numbness seems difficult to explain. I did combine it with prami, but thats the only difference i can come up with that was different to the others.

It also did help me with energy and focus, so i do miss that as energy is a major issue.
Did beth helped you with energy and focus? Weird. For me it made me kinda tired, but in a good way. Had some nice naps on it :)
Sertraline jan-jul 2018
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Knifli wrote:
Jaxx wrote:will be interesting to hear from others. Fact that 2 people had (surprising) numbness seems difficult to explain. I did combine it with prami, but thats the only difference i can come up with that was different to the others.

Did beth helped you with energy and focus? Weird. For me it made me kinda tired, but in a good way. Had some nice naps on it :)
thats quite surprising, make me wonder if we are opposite cases somehow.
what was your dosage?
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

I used modafinil a few times recently to combat daytime sleepiness and benzo hangover. Surprisingly it almost always caused me to have increased libido and genital sensitivity. But it always passed for the following day.

You said that you experienced numbness by taking prami + bethanechol together. Was it worse than prami alone, or did it cancel its positive effects?
Or did you notice any improvement when you took prami in itself?
Knifli

Unread post by Knifli »

Jaxx wrote:
Knifli wrote:

thats quite surprising, make me wonder if we are opposite cases somehow.
what was your dosage?
4x20mg/day (started with 4x10mg)
Sertraline jan-jul 2018
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

any differences between the days? i never got close to 100 mg as some others did, headache was quite severe.