Attempting to cure/reverse my own PSSD

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
scept

Re: Attempting to cure/reverse my own PSSD

Unread post by scept »

Mesolimbo wrote:
taarn wrote:I would have tried bupropion or pramipexole first cause these were shown to desensitize DRN 5-ht1a, or maybe started with buspirone. Vortioxetine simply scares me away. But I wish you good luck bro, hope you’ll have success with your regimen!
Bupropion is a potent nNOS inhibitor and I believe that's the main reason it causes PSSD-like syndrome after being taken for a while, since nNOS is extremely important for the sexual response.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17509558
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3991030/

The SRI that gave me PSSD was Venlafaxine while other SSRIs (Sertraline, Fluoxetine, etc) never managed to give me any sexual dysfunction. Venlafaxine is an nNOS inhibitor, same as Bupropion:

Involvement of L-arginine-nitric oxide-cyclic guanosine monophosphate pathway in the antidepressant-like effect of venlafaxine in mice:
Pretreatment of mice with 7-nitroindazole (7-NI) (25 mg/kg, i.p.) [a specific neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) inhibitor] produced potentiation of the action of subeffective dose of venlafaxine (2 mg/kg, i.p.). In addition, treatment of mice with methylene blue (10 mg/kg, i.p.) [direct inhibitor of both nitric oxide synthase (NOS) and soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC)] potentiated the effect of venlafaxine (2 mg/kg, i.p.) in the FST. Furthermore, the reduction in the immobility time elicited by venlafaxine (8 mg/kg, i.p.) was also inhibited by pretreatment with sildenafil (5 mg/kg, i.p.) [phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor].
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17379375

So, I don't think it's a good idea for me to take Bupropion. As for Pramipexole, I'm extremely wary of dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome (DAWS) even if it's a small chance for happening.

Buspirone, as I mentioned, is counter-productive since it's a partial agonist at the postsynaptic 5HT1A with low intrinsic activity. It beats the point, since I believe my type of PSSD is due to hypoactivation of those receptors (since I benefited greatly from Flibanserin and Baclofen) and I'm trying to restore their activity, not dull them further with Buspirone.

I'm still feeling really out of it. Presynaptic 5HT1A agonists always make me feel horrendous. Felt the same way on Buspirone and lavender oil. The latter is a calcium channel blocker on top of being a 5HT1A agonist, so it's also counter-productive since it would inhibit glutamate transmission.
Good luck man, I hope you feel better soon. I'm in the process of trying to get some Proviron for SHBG reduction. Do you think amphetamines might help, even in your case?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Just for documentation's sake, I feel terrible, as common with my reaction to presynaptic 5HT1A agonists.

Current symptoms:
- Excessive fatigue and malaise. I feel "ill".
- Akathisia and inner restlessness. Can't sit still, can't sleep deeply.
- Very vivid, confusing dreams.
- Complete loss of libido + loss of morning wood and spontaneous erections.
- Anhedonia and blunted affect.
- Body aches and joint pain.
- Depressed and feeling really out of it.
- Irritable bowel and diarrhea.

I'm doing well cognitively, though. Vortioxetine is pretty pro-cognition and pro-glutamatergic. I also think it's inhibiting the nausea from Metformin via its 5HT3 antagonism. Baclofen makes some of these symptoms tolerable, but the presynaptic 5HT1A agonism is overpowering it. I find myself needing to take at least 32.5 mg.

I think I'll feel incredibly better after presynaptic 5HT1A desensitization takes place. It's very obvious that from my reaction to presynaptic 5HT1A full agonist that a rebound super-sensitivity of these receptors is causing most of my PSSD symptoms. Buspirone makes me feel even worse than Vortioxetine, probably because of partial agonism on postsynaptic ones.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

There are no gains without some losses, take care!
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Hope you feel better soon!
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

im a bit surprised buspirone made you feel worse, i think it didnt do much for me, maybe bit stronger orgasm and energy. i took it for a month at least and only stopped due to headaches and reducing postive energy effects.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Jaxx wrote:im a bit surprised buspirone made you feel worse, i think it didnt do much for me, maybe bit stronger orgasm and energy. i took it for a month at least and only stopped due to headaches and reducing postive energy effects.
Different types of PSSD. There are many subtypes, I've noticed.

Serotonergic 5-HT2A receptor stimulation induces steroid 5alpha-reductase gene expression:
http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 757#p27757
Thanks to iull1k for finding this.

This can also be a link between Accutane, PFS, and PSSD. Accutane upregulates the presynaptic 5HT1A and SERT mRNA expression. This can cause drastically less activation of 5HT2A and downregulation of 5alpha-reductase mRNA expression.

I've discovered recently that my type of PSSD is due to supersensitivity of presynaptic 5HT1A receptors. Full agonists also give me extreme sexual dysfunction and I'm trying Vortioxetine to downregulate these receptors. 5HT2A could be the link for my reaction.

I also remember that Panax Ginseng (Red Korean Ginseng) can restore my libido somewhat. It's a non-psychedelic 5HT2A agonist, IIRC. Anyway, great find man. Maybe this can also partially explain the inositol cures for some people with similar PSSD as mine.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
sopgirl

Unread post by sopgirl »

I am very interested in your opinion that there are different PSSD subtypes. Can you elaborate what these subtypes are and what may be the different causes of them?
Pssdornot

Unread post by Pssdornot »

Dangerwood, didn't you defeat your PSSD? 90%? Man, I'll be lucky with 50.
barbaar

Unread post by barbaar »

How are you doing meso?
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

Mesolimbo wrote:
Jaxx wrote:im a bit surprised buspirone made you feel worse, i think it didnt do much for me, maybe bit stronger orgasm and energy. i took it for a month at least and only stopped due to headaches and reducing postive energy effects.
Different types of PSSD. There are many subtypes, I've noticed.

Serotonergic 5-HT2A receptor stimulation induces steroid 5alpha-reductase gene expression:
http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 757#p27757
Thanks to iull1k for finding this.

This can also be a link between Accutane, PFS, and PSSD. Accutane upregulates the presynaptic 5HT1A and SERT mRNA expression. This can cause drastically less activation of 5HT2A and downregulation of 5alpha-reductase mRNA expression.

I've discovered recently that my type of PSSD is due to supersensitivity of presynaptic 5HT1A receptors. Full agonists also give me extreme sexual dysfunction and I'm trying Vortioxetine to downregulate these receptors. 5HT2A could be the link for my reaction.

I also remember that Panax Ginseng (Red Korean Ginseng) can restore my libido somewhat. It's a non-psychedelic 5HT2A agonist, IIRC. Anyway, great find man. Maybe this can also partially explain the inositol cures for some people with similar PSSD as mine.
what would you suggest to take to counter accutane effects? vortioxetine i have, and i find it highly beneficial for mood at low doses of maybe 5mg per week.
it does impair my penis sensitivity and ability to orgasm, but not by a lot and its not perceivable on the orgasm. but im interested in hearing if you have an idea of what else could be instrumental to countering