My research log and Experimental results

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Extremaduro

Re: My research log and Experimental results

Unread post by Extremaduro »

By the way be careful about dopamine agonists. I see that you suffer from anxiety and depression. When i took half tablet of cabergoline it gave me panic attacks and depersonalization for 2-3 weeks. There are many stories and researches about cabergoline's effects. Bromocriptine made me abnormally paranoid and depressed after couple of months.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

None of these are dopamine agonists. Dopa mucuna is a source of l-dopa. I brought up the idea of a dopamine agonist to my psychiatrist, and she was not willing to prescribe it on top of Wellbutrin. If I am to try one, it would require a reshuffling of all my medication, which is a pretty scary thought. I had a little extra anxiety when I started on Wellbutrin, but no other adverse effects. Each higher dose of it, as well as dopa mucuna, has brought a fantastic window. I can't seem to maintain the pro-sexual benefits, but it has completely resolved my anhedonia, brain fog, and inability to concentrate.
sovietxrobot

I've now had a full hormone panel and a physical exam by a urologist- no issues there. I also had my lexapro dosage increased to 40mg/day- interestingly, this seems to have actually improved my sex drive.
sovietxrobot

The increased dose of lexapro and dopa mucuna has yielded some improvements including a nice window, but results have been unstable. I tried to run another cycle of curcumin but got immediate and potent sexual side effects, so I stopped.

Genetic testing results are in. I have a mutation in MTHFR that suggests deficiency in l-methylfolate; it has also been shown to have anti-depressant effects on its own, as well as supplementing AD medication. I also found two papers showing that Chinese licorice root is a potent MAOI- I will be experimenting with both of these soon.
sovietxrobot

Per psychiatrist advice, I tried to ween off of buspar, and it went horribly. Despite a slow taper, I was only able to make it to 30mg before I gave up. My anxiety was through the roof (despite 40mg of lexapro) and my sexual function was worse. I also experimented with 90mg a day, and felt more irritable and more sexual side effects. 60mg is the sweet spot for me.

I stopped taking yohimbine and felt no difference. If I try to take it now, its way too stimulating. I stopped taking maca and ashwanghana on a regular basis, it didn't seem to be raising my baseline and any benefits wore off quickly. so now I take them every once in a while for a little boost.

I also lowered my lexapro from 40mg back to 30mg, and my sex drive has been surprisingly boosted for a few days now.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

have you tried ginkgo?
sovietxrobot

I believe I tried gingko and it had a negative effect.