AR shift

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
PsychoGenesis

Re: AR shift

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

so it seems that 5ar1 is the dominant type in brain areas responsible for sex differentiation rather than 5ar2, which leads to isotretinoin, which I'm more comfortable with...

im back on memantine too
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

PsychoGenesis wrote:so it seems that 5ar1 is the dominant type in brain areas responsible for sex differentiation rather than 5ar2, which leads to isotretinoin, which I'm more comfortable with...

im back on memantine too
I really don't recommend you isotretinoin, just read the wikipedia page!

It's not only a simple 5-ar1 inhibitor how fin does this with 5-ar2, it's doing that by (possibly) permantenly altering gene expression, furthermore if something, then isotretinoin can be real neurotoxic.
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

"Based on these and concurrent observations, it was hypothesized that ADT exerts selective pressure for the formation of new paths to restore AR signaling, and that discerning the underpinning mechanism(s) of recurrent AR activity may provide means for the development of new rationally devised nodes of therapeutic intervention" - just read this in a paper.

Reading this in a study made me think, that doing androgen deprivation therapy by yourself, and slowly reintroducing androgens could possibly motivate your body to restore androgen receptor signaling. It would suck, but can potentially work.
PsychoGenesis

taarn wrote:
PsychoGenesis wrote:so it seems that 5ar1 is the dominant type in brain areas responsible for sex differentiation rather than 5ar2, which leads to isotretinoin, which I'm more comfortable with...

im back on memantine too
I really don't recommend you isotretinoin, just read the wikipedia page!

It's not only a simple 5-ar1 inhibitor how fin does this with 5-ar2, it's doing that by (possibly) permantenly altering gene expression, furthermore if something, then isotretinoin can be real neurotoxic.
but that is exactly what fina does isn't it?? the thing with accutane tho is that i have used it and acquired IBS/CFS, so it's not really a new risk to ME
also looks like it could be useful in a PSSD scenario:
Isotretinoin is also thought to affect the serotonergic system - it increases expression of 5-HT1A receptors in the pre-synaptic neuron, which inhibit serotonin secretion.[39] Isotretinoin also directly and indirectly increases the translation of the serotonin transporter protein (SERT), leading to increased reuptake and consequently reduced synaptic availability of serotonin.[39]

if this doesn't work i'll go back to TRT/HCG and try low-dose fluoxetine> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2670606/
PsychoGenesis

i can't get accutane here right now so my only option is this dutasteride i ordered from china a while back
the good thing is that it blocks both 5-ar's
the bad is that duta has metabolites that stay active for weeks/months so i'll need to calculate a single frontload dose
PsychoGenesis

dutasteride half life is different on low doses vs normal doses(hours vs weeks) so i started dosing 0.1mg/d today, but i don't know if 5-ar1 is inhibited at this dose
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

PsychoGenesis wrote:dutasteride half life is different on low doses vs normal doses(hours vs weeks) so i started dosing 0.1mg/d today, but i don't know if 5-ar1 is inhibited at this dose
how is it going for you?
PsychoGenesis

increased the dose to 0.5mg today, duta's pharmacokinetics is too complicated i still don't know the right dose

-----------
EDIT: libido is about 50% better
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

PsychoGenesis wrote:increased the dose to 0.5mg today, duta's pharmacokinetics is too complicated i still don't know the right dose

-----------
Great any news?
PsychoGenesis

cdraham wrote:
PsychoGenesis wrote:increased the dose to 0.5mg today, duta's pharmacokinetics is too complicated i still don't know the right dose

-----------
Great any news?
same dose today, better energy/mood...went back to the gym
might be the heat increasing here but im sweating and producing more oil