should I take or stay away from Testosterone Injections ?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
LeaveMeAlone

should I take or stay away from Testosterone Injections ?

Unread post by LeaveMeAlone »

I am 21M

shbg : 24.81 nmol/l

Free Testosterone : 0.901 nmol/l

Total Testosterone : 22.36 nmol/l

Vitamin D3 : 38.58 ng/ml

Vitamin B12: 172.4 pg/ml

My symptoms :

Low sex drive

anhedonia and Emotional blunting/ numbness ( cant feel fear, love, hate, happiness, sadness)

back muscle pain.

low energy

weak to cold

I went to a doctor and he said I should take sustanon 250mg 1M injection once every 3 weeks ( 3 times)

thinking about sex, hugging, kissing or cuddling disgusts me and it it really annoying I used to enjoy those a lot.

I took antidepressant for 5 days and it damaged me. I am terrified to try Testosterone injunction ( or anything honestly ) yet I want to do something to cure my anhedonia and pssd.
Koivukovy

Re: should I take or stay away from Testosterone Injections ?

Unread post by Koivukovy »

Hey man. Could you provide reference ranges for the values you posted above? How long has it been since you stopped taking the antidepressants?
LeaveMeAlone

I was on ludiomil (TCA) 10mg for 5 days then stopped takning it and I got pssd and anhedonia since then. one month later I took Escitalopra 5mg for 3 days and stopped taking it too because it made me nervous. it has been 3 months I have't taken anything. my erection and genital numbness improved but not that much. Sex drive is terrible. No emotions ( Anhedonia ).
Spins

Unread post by Spins »

I am not a doctor but you need to determine if your levels are low to being with and you need to answer some basic questions...namely..do you ever want kids. Take testosterone injections will shut down sperm production and once it's gone they may not be able to get it back. Nobody here can tell if it will work or not for your sexuality. However, if your levels are low, that can have other serious health complications if not treated. So it may be worth a go to see if helps with any other symptom..fatigue, cognitive decline, etc... maybe ask about clomid or something similar if you want to have kids so that it's your own body producing higher levels of t.
LeaveMeAlone

will it shut down sperm production 3 times in 9 weeks ? (for short-term use only)
Spins

Unread post by Spins »

It can but I don't think anyone can tell you that for certainty because everyone is different. If one dose of an ssri can cause PSSD.......
Extremaduro

Unread post by Extremaduro »

9 weeks are not that much. Ask your doc to have an hcg cycle to gelp stabilize your lh and t levels. People use it for 3 months on cycle for body building. No worries.
Koivukovy

Unread post by Koivukovy »

First of all its only been 3 months since you stopped the meds, you should give it more time and wait to see if your levels normalize with time. Second of all you should provide ranges for your values as I said in the 1st reply. Third of all, if you did start TRT, that protocol of injecting once every 3 weeks is horrible.
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

Yeah you will have huge highs and lows every three weeks. I do weekly and really would like to go to twice a week. I’m hoping it doesn’t cause fertility issues quick. I’m on hcg now but want to stop it soon and we have been trying to get pregnant
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

I took TRT for years and it never gave me any benefit whatsoever. Just disrupts your hormones. I tried all different levels and mechanisms of delivery including very high levels. Zero effect on libido whatsoever.