This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Markc1113

Re: This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Unread post by Markc1113 »

So I will tell you. I have had pssd for a year now from viibryd. I have loss of libido or sex drive, I have feeling in my penis as far as to the touch but no pleasurable sensations, and Ed. My orgasm phase is fine but my desire and arousel stages are screwed up. I have been on trt now for six weeks. I can tell you week three I felt much better, it returned libido and arousel around almost completely. This has been very much an up and down. This week I feel pretty down. I have been taking hcg with it to protect fertility and I think it honestly Makes me worse. But I agree that I have had some windows of improvement with trt six weeks in.
Optimist

Unread post by Optimist »

I began taking olanzapine about two and a half years after i developed pssd. would you suggest stopping olanzapine?
fuckthisisscience

Unread post by fuckthisisscience »

Markc1113 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:59 pm I have been on trt now for six weeks. I can tell you week three I felt much better, it returned libido and arousel around almost completely. (...) But I agree that I have had some windows of improvement with trt six weeks in.
Hey Markc1113,
thanks for your reply! You are describing the typical patient journey of TRT. A clear progress, but oftentimes during the first weeks there is nothing like a stable situation. But hopefully you will get there. Positive effects might progress till 6th month, and may take even longer.

6th week in is usually the right time to have a control lab done! Have you yet planned one? And may you post your start values here?

How old are you?

Imho there is no point in blaming the HCG. Your brain is rewiring, give it time and check blood values to be sure your levels are just fine.
- Medical Student - finishing in late 2020
- interested in PSSD (and sexual health in general), no sufferer
--> Androgen hypothesis
- wanting to research PSSD
- been reading numerous scientific articles about possible aspects of of PSSD
fuckthisisscience

Optimist wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 am I began taking olanzapine about two and a half years after i developed pssd. would you suggest stopping olanzapine?
I dont know your exact patient history and therefore I would never recommend stopping your medication that easy. I assume, that you take it for a reason. You could talk to your psychiatrist and ask him, if it is absolutely necessary and that you thought about stopping the medication. Personally I'm very critical of Antidepressants, as there are potentially harmful and psychotherapy has proven way more effective in the long run. Your psychiatrist might deny this, as prescribing pills is his job. Imagine talking to a butcher about vegan lifestyle.
--> Androgen hypothesis
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

How does this translate to females with Pssd? Thanks
Markc1113

Well everytime I take the hcg the next day I have severe shrinkage that is persistent. I also have less erection quality. I am 37 years old. I had labs done last week and will find out results Thursday. Maybe estrogen spikes from hcg I don’t know but something makes me worse with it as far as I have experienced. Hopefully the trt does help.
fuckthisisscience

Kk88 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:57 pm How does this translate to females with Pssd? Thanks
To be honest, I have no clue.
It is well known, that even in women T deficiency may cause loss of sexual desire and function. There are some studies, that investigated women with low T (e.g. after oophorectomy) that were treated with T patches. The results were positive! See the conclusion of one trial:
Total satisfying sexual activity significantly improved in the testosterone patch group compared with placebo after 24 weeks. Treatment with the testosterone patch also significantly improved sexual desire (mean change, 10.57 compared with 4.29, P < .001) and decreased personal distress (P = .009). Serum free, total, and bioavailable testosterone concentrations increased from baseline. Overall, adverse events were similar in both groups (P > .05). The incidence of androgenic adverse events was higher in the testosterone group; most androgenic adverse events were mild.“

Source: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7873712

Besides that, it is possible, that other hormones are involved e.g. estrogen. Further, it might be, that the ratio between the hormones plays a role. But to be honest: we dont know that. To date, there is not enough scientific evidence to recommend TRT to a woman.
--> Androgen hypothesis
fuckthisisscience

Markc1113 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:41 pm Well everytime I take the hcg the next day I have severe shrinkage that is persistent. I also have less erection quality. I am 37 years old. I had labs done last week and will find out results Thursday. Maybe estrogen spikes from hcg I don’t know but something makes me worse with it as far as I have experienced. Hopefully the trt does help.
What makes you think, that HCG might cause estrogen spikes? Afaik, there is no physiological coherence.
May you describe your exact injection plan? I suppose you inject the HCG subcutaneous, and the T? What is your injection pattern? When do you take the different hormones and how much of them?
--> Androgen hypothesis
Markc1113

I inject 160iu every week at the clinic on thursdays. On the 3rd and 5th day I have been injecting 250iu of hcg. So Sunday and Tuesday every week. I just have worse effects and feelings after the hcg. Especially the second injection. Even to the point I’ve had worse Ed day after injection.
fuckthisisscience

Markc1113 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:22 pm I inject 160iu every week at the clinic on thursdays. On the 3rd and 5th day I have been injecting 250iu of hcg. So Sunday and Tuesday every week. I just have worse effects and feelings after the hcg. Especially the second injection. Even to the point I’ve had worse Ed day after injection.
There is another explanation for your symptoms worsening after the second HCG injection. And it has nothing to do with the HCG. Look at it from another angle: If you inject Testosteron (T) into your body, the next days the T isnt degraded steadily. The T 'waits' in your muscle to be degraded. The daily release decreases till the day of your next injection. Take a look at the daily release from first day to 7th day (statements in mg/d!)
  • 1. 25mg
  • 2. 22mg
  • 3. 19mg
  • 4. 16mg
  • 5. 14mg
  • 6. 12mg
  • 7. 10mg
You see, there is a big difference between T release from day 1 to the last day before injection (fluctuates between 25mg/d and 10mg/d!). The reason for your symptoms: day 6 & 7 you're lacking Testosteron again! There are two ways to deal with this: inject more testosterone on the first day or inject twice a week -> 2 x 80mg/week (if possible I would do the splitting, to avoid high T levels on the first days). Got me?
--> Androgen hypothesis