This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Leb89

Re: This might be the key! Androgen function in the spotlight.

Unread post by Leb89 »

fuckthisisscience wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:28 pm
Leb89 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:44 am Fuckthisisscience could you please tell us, do people have to take TRT injections permanently to cure their PSSD according to your theory? Wouldn’t that include other health problems?
Do you have to take it permanently?
Honestly, I dont know. In fact, we dont know anything about PSSD, except the symptoms. The patients that are taking TRT cause they're hypogonadal have to take it indefinitely to benefit. So TRT might be just a symptomatic treatment.

Will it harm you? To make it short: Most of the side effects are myths. For young (healthy) men, the biggest possible issue is (temporary) infertility. This can be addressed by HCG injections.

In your case you rather have to ask yourself: Will a life without sufficient androgenic supply damage my health? And this is - besides the actual symptoms you now have - highly probable! For example reports indicate that for men with hypogonadism TRT may produce a wide range of benefits that include improvement in libido and sexual function, bone density, muscle mass, body composition, mood, erythropoiesis, cognition, quality of life and cardiovascular disease!

Medicine is benefit-cost analysis.
Thanks for your answer! As I „only“ suffer from PSSD since 5 months, I still have hope to recover naturally. The chance may be high in my case, cause I have steady movements since day one. But it also calms my mind, that I could go that way if I won’t be recovered in maybe 12-18 month. Thanks for your effort on doing research on PSSD and please keep us updated. To me your theory makes sense and I would have a better feeling to try out TRT than fucking up my body with other drugs by trial and error...
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

One more question. You can read a lot, that trt makes your balls shrink. What is your opinion on that side effect?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

In my experience, I'm starting to believe that downregulated 5ht1a receptors, thus increased serotonin release, greatly desensitizes androgen receptors. Particularly, a1 receptors, It's the bodies response to excess serotonin release. A1 receptor antagonists block the release of serotonin in the raphe and hippocampus, parts of the brain where 5ht1a are most prevalent. Therefore, the body responds by downregulating androgen receptors to cope with excess serotonin release induced by downregulated 5ht1a receptors caused by ssri and/or 5ht1a agonists. In my case, it was an ssri and 5ht1a agonist that has put me in a pssd state. The reason I believe this theory is yesterday I took .5mg prozacin, a1 antagonist, and all symptoms became increasingly worse overnight. Numb dick, erectile dysfunction, brain fog/disassociation, no semen discharge, extreme fatigue/ lethargy. These symptoms are just as extreme as when I crashed from ginger, a partial 5ht1a agonist.
fuckthisisscience

Unread post by fuckthisisscience »

Leb89 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:09 pm One more question. You can read a lot, that trt makes your balls shrink. What is your opinion on that side effect?
External testosterone application leads to decreased production of the central nervous hormone 'LH' (healthy feedback mechanism), which would normally stimulate the spermatogenesis in the testicles.

So the so called 'testicular atrophy' and the infertility is a consequence of missing LH-stimulation. The missing LH can be replaced by external HCG (hormone) injection (as addition to testosterone) and stimulates spermatogenesis just like LH. That way a proper testicular function can be preserved.

In young men simultaneous HCG injection is recommended. For older man, that doesn't need to be fertile and doesnt need the testicular volume it is not necessary.
- Medical Student - finishing in late 2020
- interested in PSSD (and sexual health in general), no sufferer
--> Androgen hypothesis
- wanting to research PSSD
- been reading numerous scientific articles about possible aspects of of PSSD
Amisrableguy

Unread post by Amisrableguy »

I’m on trt dosent work think I got pssd from trazdone I wonder if truly have it though!
Amisrableguy

Trazohell if u checked ur dm! U would be able to see i know where to get testosterone cheap! Gotta stay on top of thing brother god is sending u a guide and u aren’t taking it serious!
R3m3dy

Unread post by R3m3dy »

Amisrableguy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:43 pm Trazohell if u checked ur dm! U would be able to see i know where to get testosterone cheap! Gotta stay on top of thing brother god is sending u a guide and u aren’t taking it serious!
Dude you need to chill. You are repeatedly hounding people across multiple threads about how often they should be logging on and responding to you. Nobody is on your schedule except for you. This isn’t direct text messaging, this is a forum and people can log in as they see fit and respond as they see fit. Nobody owes you anything.

Besides, spending every waking moment logged onto the forum is not good for anybody’s mental health. It is good to have time away from it.
naiverat

Unread post by naiverat »

fuckthisisscience wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:14 am
vkn1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm I have had PSSD for 12 years and got it from either a Trazodone or Accutane. I took TRT for 4 years, trying all different methods with T levels set to everything from low to average to high. Never ONCE did I witness any benefit at all. Zero.
Hey vkn1,
thanks for your reply. I'm sorry for you going through this hell, and I'm sorry for you trying TRT without benefits. As I wrote in my first post, there might be multiple reasons for this. It's really important that people that failed with TRT post here, too. So that we can find out, what went wrong. But you mustn't generalize your individual case. A brief list on possible faults:
  • PSSD may be a 'syndrom' with different pathomechanisms -> if this is the case, one kind of treatment wouldn't get everybody improvements
  • Trazodone and especially Accutane (!) are no traditional SSRIs; as my theory is refering to traditional SSRIs
  • We dont know your specific kind of T Treatment and your blood levels. I doubt that you tried out T levels that were above the reference value, but this might be the only way to overcome the symptoms
  • this list could be continued...
To date we have three positive treatment reports about TRT. One of them stating, that he needed levels above the reference range! That's a good point to start from. But let's do it scientifical and not everybody, as he/she might think it works.
Can you cite the three positive reports, please? What were their starting values and how high "above the reference range" did they go?

My sexual function has definitely been better at times when I've clocked higher numbers in the lab, but even when I was near the top of the range (750 TT, ~25 FT), I didn't feel close to normal with regard to libido and erections. As such, I believe I had some degree of androgen insensitivity.

Question: Is the sensitivity of androgen receptors a function of androgen levels (i.e., do low levels of hormones sensitize the receptors and vice versa)? I have not seen any papers citing this, and I'm awfully curious whether this is the case.
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
Amisrableguy

R3m3dy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:49 pm
Amisrableguy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:43 pm Trazohell if u checked ur dm! U would be able to see i know where to get testosterone cheap! Gotta stay on top of thing brother god is sending u a guide and u aren’t taking it serious!
Dude you need to chill. You are repeatedly hounding people across multiple threads about how often they should be logging on and responding to you. Nobody is on your schedule except for you. This isn’t direct text messaging, this is a forum and people can log in as they see fit and respond as they see fit. Nobody owes you anything.

Besides, spending every waking moment logged onto the forum is not good for anybody’s mental health. It is good to have time away from it.
How dude!this guy is having problems staying off the forum does nothing to help the problem especially since someone is coming to him with a soulution! Let’s say he stays off the forum for another 2 weeks guess what, that’s 2 weeks he could have had testosterone and his problem would be potentially solved if that is gonna help him! Nobody owes me anything so then why should this forum, be here if none of us owe anyone anything! Smh! If we find a cure just keep it to yourself while others are suffering smh is practically what your saying
lw77

Unread post by lw77 »

One of the main hypotheses of pfs concerns a deficiency of the androgenic signal. Specifically, the intake of substances with anti-androgenic activity would first lead to an overexpression of the androgen receptor (to compensate for the lack of hormone caused by the drug). Upon cessation of the intake, with the return of hormones (in particular the dht) to normal levels, the so-called crash would occur (i.e. the appearance or aggravation of the symptoms), because there would be too much dht acting on the hyperexpressed receptors, this would lead to a total desensitization of the androgen receptor. Therefore the receptors would remain overexpressed (and this was demonstrated in a study on patients with pfs) but desensitized, and therefore substantially unable to guarantee normal hormonal action. This would explain why people who have normal circulating hormone levels don't respond to them. Since the excellent survey prepared by Axolotl and Awor (and which has been viewed together with the results by important scientists, who have greatly appreciated it) has shown that the syndromes caused by the various substances (ssri, finasteride, isotretinoin) have profiles overlapping, we firmly believe that all these different substances can contribute to cause a single clinical condition called "Post Drug Syndrome" in which there is a marked phenomenon of endocrine destruction. Right now we are trying to collaborate as much as possible with the pfs fundation to coordinate, since they have a foundation and we do not, to seek researchers, but above all funds (which are the first necessity) to carry out studies.