Chronic Ayahuasca upregulates SERT

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
cdraham

Chronic Ayahuasca upregulates SERT

Unread post by cdraham »

https://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script ... 7000300353
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7892432

"Additionally, the β-carboline alkaloids present in the ayahuasca infusion may also inhibit this reuptake (Callaway et al., 1999; Cozzi et al., 2009). McKenna (2004) stated that the regular use of ayahuasca apparently produces serotonergic alterations increasing SERT density in the brain, with an impact on the positive changes in behavior reported by ayahuasca users (Callaway et al., 1994)."

Could this be of any use for us? Chronic ayahuasca intake would upregulate SERT it seems

Edit: it is actually the non-DMT compounds in ayahuasca that seem to upregulate SERT it seems so you could microdose those to upregulate SERT, I think someone posted about this here already.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=648&hilit=microdosing+syrian+rue

Here microdosing syrian rue was tried but what about microdosing the caapi?
Luke20

Re: Chronic Ayahuasca upregulates SERT

Unread post by Luke20 »

Iv got some caapi extract on order should be here anytime now... Did you or anyone else try this? Thanks
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Luke20 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:30 am Iv got some caapi extract on order should be here anytime now... Did you or anyone else try this? Thanks
Im taking ~1g syrian rue per day now
Luke20

Unread post by Luke20 »

Nice! Is that Syrian rue extract? Any benefits so far? I will keep you updated on the caapi extract too.. I know they are similar but think caapi Is stronger.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

No its the seeds. Does Caapi itself upregulate 5ht receptors too?
Luke20

Unread post by Luke20 »

B caapi and Syrian rue are pretty much the same thing there both reversible MAOI.. Have you found any benefit with the seeds so far?
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Luke20 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:59 am B caapi and Syrian rue are pretty much the same thing there both reversible MAOI.. Have you found any benefit with the seeds so far?
No benefits so far, I take it in conjunction with alot of other stuff. It's only been a few days since I added the rue though. So i don't know.
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

Tried Ayahusaca, no respond.
Even on Mashrooms MDMA combo I feeled nothing great, my receptors are fucked :/
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

cdraham wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:28 am
Luke20 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:59 am B caapi and Syrian rue are pretty much the same thing there both reversible MAOI.. Have you found any benefit with the seeds so far?
No benefits so far, I take it in conjunction with alot of other stuff. It's only been a few days since I added the rue though. So i don't know.
No real benefits so far.