New antidepressants on the horizon?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
magnilo

New antidepressants on the horizon?

Unread post by magnilo »

Hi, i'd like to start a broad conversation - mostly on the topic of new antidepressants on the horizon
I for one believe antidepressant treatment may be fruitful in many PSSD cases. I personally havent yet found a treatment that worked for me in that matter yet, but having tried most of the more obvious approaches (supplements, hormones, research compounds, non-TESD-inducing ADs) i am willing to try one.

Ive read of alteredhomeostasis reports on fluoxetine+buspirone which ispired me, even if fluoxetine is actually what gave me PSSD to begin with: but it also did annihilate depression.

so that said:
1- are there any new antidepressants on the horizon?
2- what do you think are some of the least "evident" antidepressants/combos to try?
Meso

Re: New antidepressants on the horizon?

Unread post by Meso »

By that do you mean new antidepressants in the pipeline that might be available soon?

or do you mean substances with potent antidepressant effect that are already available and you can try?
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

hi Meso, thanks for your answer, i hope all is good:)
I mean any substance even in trials that may turn out useful for pssd :
think of nsi189 for example, even if its been basically "botched", i still think its one of the most useful substances.

I'm now finishing a course of 36 days 15mg dia of 9MBC which had been disappointing: ive got a bit left for eventual sublingual administration.
Bromantane is pretty useful for motivation, but doesent do the trick for anything sexual.

Another interesting ""new"" AD is vortioxetine, which im rediscovering, and i THINK it may be giving me spontaneous erections at dosages of 5mg. Ive never took it for long. Im taking it because i have some exams to give and tbh together with nsi189 its the most potent cognitive enhancer in my experience.

Anyhow, while we're at it, i may be interested in exposing you my situation, if you are inclined and if you have the time
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

some guys who have PFS wait with interest to try allopregnanolone

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... k_You_Next

Allopregnanolone, today best known as brexanolone and marketed as Zulresso for the treatment of postpartum depression is now part of only two recently US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved fast-acting antidepressants, esketamine nasal spray, an NMDA receptor antagonist able to modulate glutamatergic neurotransmission and used in treatment-resistant depression aggravated by suicidality being the other. The trajectory, lasting 80 years, that brought allopregnanolone from its first discovery in 1938 in the adrenal glands, to understanding its fast non-genomic mechanism of action in potentiating membrane neurotransmitter receptors, including GABA A receptors, underlying its role in acute and chronic stress, discovering its powerful non-sedative pharmacological effects as an anxiolytic and antidepressant agent in animal models and humans, to the design of the first clinical trials for postpartum depression, and finally to the shelves of the clinics in 2019, is regarded as one of the best examples of translational drug development in neuropsychopharmacology. This opinion article aims at redrawing the most significant milestones in allopregnanolone discoveries and evaluating future perspective for a new generation of neurosteroid-based treatments for neuropsychiatric disorders. The potential role of allopregnanolone as a biomarker of mood disorders and its pharmacological mechanism in improving behavioral deficits will be discussed.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Apparently microdoses of prozac would increase allopregnanolone aswell, at 1-2mg. In this dose there would not be any sri effect so i wonder if somebody tried this?
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

sounds interesting
i think someone on the forum did try microdoses of fluoxetine, it mustve been 4 years ago or so
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

magnilo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:49 am Hi, i'd like to start a broad conversation - mostly on the topic of new antidepressants on the horizon
I for one believe antidepressant treatment may be fruitful in many PSSD cases. I personally havent yet found a treatment that worked for me in that matter yet, but having tried most of the more obvious approaches (supplements, hormones, research compounds, non-TESD-inducing ADs) i am willing to try one.

Ive read of alteredhomeostasis reports on fluoxetine+buspirone which ispired me, even if fluoxetine is actually what gave me PSSD to begin with: but it also did annihilate depression.

so that said:
1- are there any new antidepressants on the horizon?
2- what do you think are some of the least "evident" antidepressants/combos to try?
Gepirone is an AD with some pro-sexual efficacy that is on the process of being approved:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gepirone
In addition to its antidepressant and anxiolytic properties, gepirone has been found to improve symptoms of sexual dysfunction in men and women.[4][5] Moreover, the pro-sexual effects appear to be independent of its antidepressant and anxiolytic effects.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

The most promising antidepressants currently in the pipeline are Ketamine-like NMDA antagonists. There are neurotrophs (TrkB agonists, BDNF releasers), AMPA positive allosteric modulators (high efficacy), and psychedelics being investigated for antidepressant effect but not as much as NMDA antagonists. Some mGluR2 partial agonists also show antidepressant effect.

As for something readily accessible, I'd say Esketamine/Ketamine are the most promising, especially when augmented with neuropeptides. Some people swear by psychedelics, but those have their own risks and usually can't get those done under medical supervision.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
HereToHeal

Unread post by HereToHeal »

Meso wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:00 pm The most promising antidepressants currently in the pipeline are Ketamine-like NMDA antagonists. There are neurotrophs (TrkB agonists, BDNF releasers), AMPA positive allosteric modulators (high efficacy), and psychedelics being investigated for antidepressant effect but not as much as NMDA antagonists. Some mGluR2 partial agonists also show antidepressant effect.

As for something readily accessible, I'd say Esketamine/Ketamine are the most promising, especially when augmented with neuropeptides. Some people swear by psychedelics, but those have their own risks and usually can't get those done under medical supervision.
I actually tried a 5 gram dose of Magic Mushrooms (psilocybin) and it improved my fatigue like 80% almost pre pssd. It had absolutely no effect on any sexual sides though.
silentpain89

Unread post by silentpain89 »

I have done Esketamin (Nasal spray) multiple times..While the experience is kinda fun, i didnt have any benefit in the depression/Anhedonia area..I have PFS though..
I took magic mushrooms (While i was still on Mirtazapin/Buprobion), and i literally felt nothing..I will try it again, in the next future (As i stopped takin any sort fo ADs)