Is inositol safe? I need choline but it comes mixed with Inositol!

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Gonzo

Is inositol safe? I need choline but it comes mixed with Inositol!

Unread post by Gonzo »

Hello guys.
Can inositol be considered safe!?
Choline helps in my case, but the only formulation available now in my country is Choline + Inositol mix (250/250), so I'm a bit scared to try it, because I read a couple of negative reports with Inositol
After my crash with chlorpehamine last year, which made my condition 10 times worse permanently, I realized that it can be really dangerous to play with the wrong chemicals.
I've tried pure choline and it's good!
What would you recommend?
Last edited by Gonzo on Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vercingétorix

Re: Is inositol safe? I need choline but it comes mixed with Inositol!

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

How much inositol do you plan to take each day ?
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

Vercingétorix wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:24 am How much inositol do you plan to take each day ?
I need the 500 mg of Choline. The problem is that the formulation includes 500 mg of inositol.
Vercingétorix

I have never read anyone who got his pssd worsened by inositol. Some people report temporary memory loss during inositol treatement, but only with high doses. I think you risk nothing if you take only 500 mg/day (I take 12g and I have no adverse effect).
climb

Unread post by climb »

Vercingétorix wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:25 am I have never read anyone who got his pssd worsened by inositol. Some people report temporary memory loss during inositol treatement, but only with high doses. I think you risk nothing if you take only 500 mg/day (I take 12g and I have no adverse effect).
my PSSD was made 100 times worse by inositol. I took a dose at the higher end of what is recommended, though. I was trying to replicate those recovery reports. I also read a research paper which I understood to suggest that it could help with ED. The capsules seem to be in mg range. It would seem safer to take a lower dose in that range. I've never heard of anyone else being worsened but I've heard others who had other bad effects.

Having taken just 3 doses in the higher range, my ED is now 100 times worse, my libido was already non existent but somehow seems worse. My genitals are numb (which they were not before), my genitals and testicles have shrunk, other muscle mass has shrunk. I can see the tendons in my arms now and I have loose skin around my elbows. I also have terrible constipation that I didn't have before.
I felt like I had experienced some kind of nerve damage. I had nerve pain in my genitals for quite a while. It was in January that this happened, and so far I've just encountered the usual resistence every time I've tried to report it to a doctor, so I'm none the wiser.
Safe to say, I really wish I hadn't done it, but I'd reached desperation point with PSSD and felt I had nothing to lose.

PSSD is a messed up state. If anyone is intent on trying supplements or anything else, it's surely a good idea to start with a very low dose.
I was keen on trying st johns wort but after what's happened to me with inositol, I'm too scared.

In my opinion, it would be a good idea if more people put time and effort into being active to get PSSD formally recognised as a medical condition. If that happens, we won't be doubted anymore, it will be easier for research to take place, and hopefully, treatment can be found.
Vercingétorix

i'm sorry for you, climb, I wasn't aware inositol could worsen PSSD. I believe that people with pssd have a big sensivity to active products, so yeah, it is better to start with low doses. How much inositol did you take each day, 18g ?
climb

Unread post by climb »

Thanks, it sucks :0(

I think I took 12g twice and 18g once. A mistake with the benefit of hind site.

The interesting thing is that it did restore the connection between my brain and my genitals for a while and my libido was restored somewhat. I stopped taking it because my ED became so bad and then all the other crazy stuff happened.
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

climb wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:31 am Thanks, it sucks :0(

I think I took 12g twice and 18g once. A mistake with the benefit of hind site.

The interesting thing is that it did restore the connection between my brain and my genitals for a while and my libido was restored somewhat. I stopped taking it because my ED became so bad and then all the other crazy stuff happened.
Oh that's bad!
So, it restored your libido at the beginning ? and then the erection and libido got permanently worse, until this days?