Thoughts on 5HT1A antagonists?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
finities infinities

Re: Thoughts on 5HT1A antagonists?

Unread post by finities infinities »

I know, but is also alpha2 agonist. To much alpha 2 downregulation induce social problem in me.
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

finities infinities wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:29 am I know, but is also alpha2 agonist. To much alpha 2 downregulation induce social problem in me.
an agonist downregulates a receptor!?
Matthias66

Unread post by Matthias66 »

Lokzo55 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:06 am I am so SOOOO glad I found this thread.

I am a guy who can be CURED 6 hours after taking St. John's Wort Ze 117 extract.

I did a thread about it here:
https://raypeatforum.com/community/thre ... ine.33599/

NOW.... I am also a guy who gets CURED from a Cyproheptadine REBOUND.... That is, 1mg of cypro will make me NUMB and anhedonic, for 4 days. Then i get a miraculous rebound where I am cured.

So this means that my PSSD is very likely driven by the mofo 5-HT1A receptors. Because ALL MY ISSUES STARTED FROM ASHWAGANDHA. Ash desensitises the 5-ht1a.

So now that you mentioned CBG oil as a medium strength 5HT1a antagonist, this then means that if I respond to this, for SURE my issue is 5-HT1a.

I also get a window with ALCAR (Which is a 5-HT1A agonist... and then I crash).
That was very interesting read, and I have to apologize since I am only now responding to it.

One question- how did you get PSSD? Was it from an SSRI or SNRI? An antipsychotic maybe? And how long did you have PSSD before you cured yourself of it with this
SJW Ze 117 Extract?

I think it is feasible, if somehow this extract can upregulate 5HT1a receptors. The only way would be to take some kind of 5HT1a antagonist, which would block 5HT1a receptors,
giving the neuron more time to create more receptor sites, which would cause upregulation eventually. But it is a unstable road to walk down, and since the closest thing to a
5HT1a antagonist naturally (since most 5HT1a antagonists are either experimental drugs not on the market or beta blockers with minimal effort) is CBG oil, if SJW can cause upregulation,
I'm game.

Are you still cure of PSSD? I would very interesting in hearing more.
healing

Unread post by healing »

Have you guys not heard of Metergoline?

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/metergoline
Lexapro 2016. Sexual, emotional, and cognitive symptoms.

Email: healingpssd1@gmail.com
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

finities infinities wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:37 pm Yes, of course.
Can you please elaborate?

I always thought, an agonist mimicks a transmitter so it activates (upregulates?) a signaling in the receptor and an antagonist docks on the same receptor but it does not trigger a signaling.

does upregulate mean, that the receptor density declines longterm, because there is more signaling through the agonism?
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

Matthias66 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:13 pm

I am a guy who can be CURED 6 hours after taking St. John's Wort Ze 117 extract.

NOW.... I am also a guy who gets CURED from a Cyproheptadine REBOUND.... That is, 1mg of cypro will make me NUMB and anhedonic, for 4 days. Then i get a miraculous rebound where I am cured.

So this means that my PSSD is very likely driven by the mofo 5-HT1A receptors. Because ALL MY ISSUES STARTED FROM ASHWAGANDHA. Ash desensitises the 5-ht1a.

So now that you mentioned CBG oil as a medium strength 5HT1a antagonist, this then means that if I respond to this, for SURE my issue is 5-HT1a.

That was very interesting read, and I have to apologize since I am only now responding to it.

One question- how did you get PSSD? Was it from an SSRI or SNRI? An antipsychotic maybe? And how long did you have PSSD before you cured yourself of it with this
SJW Ze 117 Extract?

I think it is feasible, if somehow this extract can upregulate 5HT1a receptors. The only way would be to take some kind of 5HT1a antagonist, which would block 5HT1a receptors,
giving the neuron more time to create more receptor sites, which would cause upregulation eventually. But it is a unstable road to walk down, and since the closest thing to a
5HT1a antagonist naturally (since most 5HT1a antagonists are either experimental drugs not on the market or beta blockers with minimal effort) is CBG oil, if SJW can cause upregulation,
I'm game.

beta blockers aren't postsynaptic antagonists, that's a dangerous mistype
PsychoGenesis

CN9 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:09 am
finities infinities wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:37 pm Yes, of course.
Can you please elaborate?

I always thought, an agonist mimicks a transmitter so it activates (upregulates?) a signaling in the receptor and an antagonist docks on the same receptor but it does not trigger a signaling.

does upregulate mean, that the receptor density declines longterm, because there is more signaling through the agonism?
not all receptors are like that, there are all kinds of interaction/response
some need partial agonism to upregulate
some downregulate through antagonism
that's part of the research Meso was doing
Matthias66

Unread post by Matthias66 »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:24 am
Matthias66 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:13 pm

SJW Ze 117 Extract?

I'm game.

beta blockers aren't postsynaptic antagonists, that's a dangerous mistype
I know Wikipedia can have errors, since it can be edited, but when I was looking up potential 5HT1a antagonists to experiment with, if my doctor was willing to prescribe them (and I have a pretty cool, open minded General Practitioner Doctor), they listed Nebivolol (Bystolic), Oxprenolol, and Propranolol (Inderal) as 5HT1a antagonists, although their mechanism is probably pretty weak in nature. So Wikipedia could be incorrect, but I am just going off what I saw.

I will say I do take Bystolic, and have noticed no change in my condition PSSD wise.
PsychoGenesis

Matthias66 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:32 pm
I know Wikipedia can have errors, since it can be edited, but when I was looking up potential 5HT1a antagonists to experiment with, if my doctor was willing to prescribe them (and I have a pretty cool, open minded General Practitioner Doctor), they listed Nebivolol (Bystolic), Oxprenolol, and Propranolol (Inderal) as 5HT1a antagonists, although their mechanism is probably pretty weak in nature. So Wikipedia could be incorrect, but I am just going off what I saw.

I will say I do take Bystolic, and have noticed no change in my condition PSSD wise.
it's listed in wikipedia with a comment saying (presynaptic)

the problem is that without sjw it will hit hard those postsynaptic receptors https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00176769