Scam?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Leb89

Scam?

Unread post by Leb89 »

arahant

Re: Scam?

Unread post by arahant »

Leb89 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:20 pm https://www.livecortex.com/product/pssd ... y-service/

Anyone heard about this?
I guess that's Ryan Ballow the vulture from Cortex Labs https://rxisk.org/bio-rip-off-bio-delusions-bio-hack/
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

Scam?

Answer: Yes

It is a waste of time to even spend any time to explain all the reasons as to why.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

defmyst wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:39 pm Scam?

Answer: Yes

It is a waste of time to even spend any time to explain all the reasons as to why.
An entrepreneur who takes no risks, just his clients, and profit $3.000.00 for the "biohacking" would be enough.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Yes fuck this guy. No one from the the PSSD community heard of him until Dr Healey called exposed him on his blog.

I also offered $10 000 in escrow that it was his if he could cure me of PSSD. I would also give my full endorsement and recommendations to other PSSD suffers if it was true. He said no
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

What a fucker. This guy is worse than pharma. A fucking gravedigger
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

If it would cost only 300 € I would maybe give it a try, but 3000 € is way too much...
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

lol its not even worth 3$, earning mony on despairred people...they shold burn in hell if there is one
steel

Unread post by steel »

I'm thinking about signing up with this guy. It's worth a shot in the dark. Are there really any other options out there?

Anyway, he posted this on rxrisk. What do you guys think about the specifics of his ideas?
Ryan Ballow says:
August 23, 2020 at 1:28 pm
See – this is the issue with listening to a guy that wrote a hit piece without talking to me. No. Nootropics are not the answer exclusively to PSSD. Never did I say that. Healy did (another strange assumption I guess). I worked with a handful of men for FREE, for about 12 months (something Healy didn’t include here, because he didn’t have the foresight, humanity, or diligence to understand my work before he wrote about it) experimenting with various research chemicals to resolve the issue. In that timeframe, I was able to get people into full on windows of anhedonia and sexual function recovery. For some, the windows stayed open after rigorous work.

But one has to do, and NOT DO certain things. As examples: many things are 5HT agonists. Specifically the 1A receptor. That means during a recovery protocol, people cannot be consuming:

1. Alcohol
2. Ginger
3. 5HTP
4. Turmeric, Circumin, or any analogs
5. Tryptophan heavy foods (tuna, turkey, bananas)
6. CBD (another mistake that keeps people in the hole).
7. Supplemental Zinc (another 5HT1A partial agonist)
8. Potato starch (found in a variety of foods – will build extra 5HT)

And hosts of other things. If a person has any degree of intestinal flora imbalance or permeability issues, that also has to be cleared up. The gut’s response to irritation is… you guessed it, Serotonin production.

I see Healy making broad brush, mere bandaid suggestions with assertions that DA agonists are part of the solution. They are not. That’s about as unscientific as you can get with PSSD, and Dopamine is but a mere smidgeon of the issue.

Most people with PSSD do not synthesize dopamine correctly, both because of Tyrosine Hydroxylase malfunctions, and improper functioning of DAT (the Dopamine Transporter).

D1, and the D like family receptors also appear to be desensitized.

On the Serotonin side, the 5ht1a heteroreceptor is highly upregulated, while the autoreceptor remains comparable to a manufactured knockout (actually part of the mechanistic underpinnings of SSRI). One will make next to no progress with desensitized autoreceptor function at the 1A site.

Additionally: through 5HT4 receptor malfunction, likely through some sort of GPCR uncoupling and phenotypic changes, the hypothalamus does not adequately pump out Oxytocin at the right times, contributing to the anorgasmia element of PSSD.

5HT2C, and 5HT2B receptor function also play, although somewhat minor, a role in persistent PSSD.

There are various chemicals out there that solve this problem. Essentially, they behave as a sort of “anti-SSRI,” antagonizing the 1A heteroreceptor, while others act to upregulate current 1A autoreceptors, thus controlling 5HT flow.

But even all the discussion and prominence the 1A receptors get, that still isn’t the majority of the issue. There’s also SERT. SSRIS influence SERT in a seemingly permanent way (that is, until you recover proper SERT functioning). 5HT builds up at the synapse, and keeps the autoreceptors desensitized. There are a few ways that I know of to regain control of the SERT, allowing it to degrade extra quantities of 5HT for recycling and proper re-uptake.

What people don’t know is that Serotonin IS CRITICAL in the sexual response to stimulus. But when it ends up in the wrong place, or doing the wrong thing, it only contributes to the problem. If the brain knew what to do with the 5HT (like properly shuttling it into cells instead of letting it accumulate in the synapse), you’d have a partial alleviation of PSSD symptoms.

That was a long winded way of saying: you don’t achieve resolution to PSSD with Nootropics, and I’d challenge YOU DAVID, or anyone else, to prove that I’ve EVER said you do. Because I haven’t.

On a stagnant community: the mechanisms that underlie PSSD are extremely complex, and it takes someone with a highly functional working memory, to sit down and analyze the (at least) 500 pieces of literature to put the puzzle together. Said person has to have at least themselves to experiment on, but preferably many other people.

To do that, one has to have a pretty remarkable understanding of neuro-chemistry. One that defies their training, or set of qualifications (me for example, having been studying neuroscience for 12 years, but without academic credentials).

I do not see that sort of orientation in the community of PSSD sufferers, for the most part. And why should I? People shouldn’t have to be citizen neuroscientists. Their doctors NEVER should have prescribed them SSRIS to begin with. Nonetheless, this is the reason for the stagnation within the community. People only get so far in the puzzle… one of the most complex puzzles to crack of modern times, and one can only fail so many times before they give up.

I think the learned helplessness (again, rightfully) in the PSSD community gives way to the proliferation of the idea that this condition is permanent. People have the syndrome, go on a crusade of reading, only to formulate the (albeit, incorrect) opinion that it can’t be solved. It can be. And I have seen it in my consulting practice.

People like David Healy (I’m a bit apprehensive to actually call him a doctor) perpetuate the idea that it cannot be solved. But without a concerted effort, in the trenches, working with people (as I am, daily, for the last 3 years), his and others’ perspectives will remain the same.

Also I’d like to, in summation, say to people: if you’re relying on the medical establishment (of which Healy is a part) to solve this issue, you’ll become old and grey in the meantime.

If you’re waiting for someone with “the right credentials” to solve the issue, you’ll be equally old and grey. Problems like this get solved by bright minds, willing to look outside of typical constructs, and sometimes with bold experimentation, that are not bound by a meaningless set of marks by their names, but instead empowered by the indisputable fact that ANYONE with the mental wherewithal, can do the research.

Chris I think it was? I’ve done what you are proposing. It is partially how I’ve cracked the puzzle. I’m taking this all the way up big pharmas ass, and to do that, requires me to be heavily funded. Once I patent the solution, which admittedly can be a lot more efficient (this endeavor constitutes the majority of my resources these days), I will be extremely public with my findings, both holding pharma accountable, and forcing them to buy the solution. That dynamic, which ultimately goes to serve the entire PSSD community (my main goal, despite nefarious attempts to delegitimize me as some quack out for people’s money), makes it hard for me to give the current solution out for free.

What I’m doing (which will be proven in time, and though I’m attacked left and right lately, I remain strong and peaceful, confident and charging forward) is far bigger, and will lead to an efficient, readily available solution for far cheaper than my current 3-6 month consults. And if Pharma won’t publish the findings and make the solution available to the masses, I will do it myself through different routes (as I am now, in a downscaled capacity).

To the community: I WILL GET THIS SOLVED FOR YOU. I have a dog in the game, and it isn’t money. Cash is being used as a mere vehicle to provide a far more efficient, far cheaper, widespread solution to the issue. This is my passion. I’ve found what my purpose is, and what my 12 years of neuroscience research has prepared me for.

And that is: putting the nail in the coffin of PSSD, forever.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Fuck this guy he's a scammer trying to make money off of us. Do not give him a dime.