80-100% pre-pssd for about 6 months with this regimen

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
IHateProzac

Re: 80-100% pre-pssd for about 6 months with this regimen

Unread post by IHateProzac »

Improvements from lithium makes me wonder how much PSSD has to do with fluoride buildup?

SSRI like Prozac are made from fluoride (of three different kinds I think) and they are a known neurotoxin. In one study it is said that fluoride depletes lithium, which "has neuroprotective, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and regulatory functions in the body (e.g. vitamin B12 and folate utilization, NMDA receptor modulation)." May be reintroduction of lithium to body is leading some to recovery.

In an other study it was mentioned that fluoride intoxication leads to male fertility impairment, which is the case with SSRI as well, and that Banaba Leaf Extract & Ginseng proved to be helpful to improve fertility in men.

Perhaps Berberine is also being found usefule because it also counteracts fluoride.

Perhaps someone more hands on with scientific approach can take on this?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Lithium has 5HT1a agonistic activity too.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3784836/
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

arahant wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:32 pm Lithium has 5HT1a agonistic activity too.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3784836/
"agonistic"

ok, "aranhat"
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Methyl donors seem to cause crashes - I myself got PSSD from taking Sam-e (a huge methyl donor) - this was after years of SSRI use though.

I would do more research before taking methly donor with PSSD - could be bad
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Woman here actually. I didn’t say to take all methyl donors I said to make sure that b12 is optimal in regards to lithium. If you have a poor functioning thyroid or have low b2, your body cannot convert b12 to the active (methyl) b12. So in most cases yes, methyl b12 is what is needed. Many reactions to this form are regarded as “over methylation” when they are in fact not.

In regards to methyl b12. I am considered highest risk (according to internet theories) as I am COMT homogeneous and therefore should respond terribly to methyl b12. Because of this I kept taking hydroxy as my b12 dropped lower and lower. If you take hydroxy and you are low in b2 or cofactors you will just become more b12 deficient. Once I got b2 levels and potassium on board I was finally able to tolerate methyl b12, albeit very slowly. Normally the adrenalin response is controlled by COMT (which is down-regulated in methyl B12 deficiency) and MAO. Now MAO requires FAD, one of the two functional forms of vitamin B2, so in B2 deficiency MAO is not working and so you get a massive adrenalin reaction. Further, because you have not made sufficient adrenalin your receptors to respond to adrenalin are all up-regulated, and so the effect is massive. Hence any "over-the-top" reaction to methyl B12 is almost always a sign of B2 deficiency

You have at least 100 methylation reactions that should be occurring in your body at the one time, and without them you take a gradual slide into dementia, food intolerance, sleep problems, demyelination, poor production of creatine-phosphate, histamine intolerance, autoimmunity, misfolded proteins, etc, etc, to name a few.

My “overmethylation” symptoms were actually symptoms of getting methylation started up again. And methylation needs to work properly for the body to heal.

So you can say not to recommend methyl donors and that’s a broad statement with no merit. Please specify your reasons instead of just making fear inducing blanket statements.
Last edited by Maxin on Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silentpain89

Unread post by silentpain89 »

Just to be clear here...You are taking lithium orotate 15mg (Which translates into 15mg elemental lithium?or actual 15mg lithium orotate??)
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

silentpain89 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:25 pm Just to be clear here...You are taking lithium orotate 15mg (Which translates into 15mg elemental lithium?or actual 15mg lithium orotate??)
i believe it is labeled in elemental content
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

Very happy to read this. I hope Meso will restart helping people soon. I don’t understand all the hate on him anyway.
climb

Unread post by climb »

Hey FBZ

thanks a lot for taking the time to let us know about your progress, it's really appreciated.
Happy to hear about your improvements, and fingers crossed that it sticks for you.

Meso suggested the panax ginseng and lithium orotate for me but I haven't tried anything so far, since I think I might need to do some probes to double check it would be a suitable fit for me. I think low serotonin affects sleep, but I sleep very well as long as I exercise regularly and regulate my diet to avoid caffeine, alcohol and processed sugar.

My understanding was that the panax ginseng was good for LH and T and that Lithium Orotate will increase serotonin in a different way to SSRIs.
L Tyrosine supposedly affects dopamine?
It seems like anything that can affect

Are there further people who have had success with these supplements? I think quite a few seem to have tried these.
It would be nice if they could let others know, or is this restricted to the research server on discord?
I messaged Meso about the research server on discord since I know he isn't doing any more consultations but didn't receive a response. Is it still up and running?

Cheers