My theory

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Alex51

Re: My theory

Unread post by Alex51 »

arahant wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:58 pm
Alex51 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:01 pm
Leb89 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:31 pm If this works for you, could you give a bit more details? Are you cured while on it or have you stopped with remaining effects? What are/were your symptoms?

Thanks a lot.
I was treated for panic syndrome, I used paroxetine, plus olanzapine for a year. Then I had a relapse, and to make matters worse, I started to have OCD too.
I did a test with mirtazapine, which didn't work, and I've been on escitalopram since 2013.

The symptoms were low libido, decreased genital sensitivity, anhedonia, apathy, drowsiness and forgetfulness of words during a conversation or lecture.

Remember that any medicine that has the prefix "anti", is anticholinergic, and acetylcholine is responsible for repairing brain damage (for example in stroke), transmission of nerve impulses, neurological activation.
Just as cysteine regulates defective glutamate and dopamine receptors.

It is an expensive supplement, which can take 3 months to take effect, but it is working for me and I read it in another forum, which worked for other patients.

I will use these supplements for a lifetime.
From your list, NAC at 2000 mg a day has been successful used in severe OCD cases reducing lots of rumination, intrusive and repetitive thoughts, and some secondary anxiety. If you had ocd symptoms in the past, and you are truly taking it, I wouldn't be surprised if it is helping you in some extent.
You are correct, you must know the literature. But in the case of PSSD, NAC serves to repair the receptors and activity of the glutamate and dopamine that have been damaged by the chronic use of SSRIs. ALCAR serves as an adjunct to NAC.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

You are correct, you must know the literature. But in the case of PSSD, NAC serves to repair the receptors and activity of the glutamate and dopamine that have been damaged by the chronic use of SSRIs. ALCAR serves as an adjunct to NAC.
Yes, I aware of NAC/OCD relief in both literature and personal experience. But what's the literature you have to back your claim of "receptors repair after chronic use of SSRis"?
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Alex51

Unread post by Alex51 »

But I still insist, read and study sinking acetylcholine. Let's think a little less about 5HTA receivers. Erection, memory, learning, mental alertness, motivation, repair of neurons and myelin sheath, sensitivity to physical contact ... Everything is or has the action of acetylcholine.

regarding the repair of SSRI, it is known that chronic use damages dopamine receptors, and one of the hypotheses of PSSD is precisely this dopamine defect. I'm not "selling miracles", just an alternative that can work, as it did for me and other people. Invest heavily in choline and cysteine, along with cofactors.
Good test!
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

When you write 2xDose a day under for example „#2“ do you mean two doses a day for all supplements?

And could you post a link to the success other people had with this treatment?

Thanks a lot!
Alex51

Unread post by Alex51 »

Leb89 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:29 am When you write 2xDose a day under for example „#2“ do you mean two doses a day for all supplements?

And could you post a link to the success other people had with this treatment?

Thanks a lot!
Yes, there are 2x doses of the compound. Morning and afternoon, avoid at night.

Unfortunately I don't have a link, because I remember I read people commenting and decided to test it. Even in this forum there are people who worked with the hill. After that, I studied and added nutrients to the CNS. They are known as "brain foods".

There is an interesting website where you can study the nutrients: https://nootropicsexpert.com/nootropics-list/
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

Thanks again! And where are you now with this regimen compared to pre PSSD? Would be very kind if you could give an overview over your symptoms now and before these supplements?
Alex51

Unread post by Alex51 »

Leb89 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:26 am Thanks again! And where are you now with this regimen compared to pre PSSD? Would be very kind if you could give an overview over your symptoms now and before these supplements?
Just to remember that I still use escitalopram and I still had good results. Logically, those who are "clean" can have better results.

I got an improvement in libido, erection, life activities, attention, concentration, memory, motivation, sleep, sensitivity to touch and emotional perceptions.
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

Am I correct that you never really quit medication and you are suffering from sideeffects not PSSD?
Alex51

Unread post by Alex51 »

Leb89 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:52 pm Am I correct that you never really quit medication and you are suffering from sideeffects not PSSD?
I stopped 2 times when I used paroxetine / olanzapine and in a long period with escitalopram. Until you use it again.
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

Ok I see. Nice that you posted this. I „only“ have symptoms since one year and I am just trying to get an overview which options are there to try, if I won’t get better with time.