PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Breathdeep

Re: PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Licorice work for anyone?
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Halan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 pm My libido increased for one week when I got Covid-19 this year. In the forth day I started tongkat and it improved even more. Thinking about woman was enough to get an erection.
Then, after I got better from covid, my libido decreased and tongkat also stopped working.
I think there's an auto-immuned connection. My auto-immune problems started when my pssd began, years ago.

I'd like to see Meso opinions on this...
Also, there's a knwon connection between immunity and sex drive

https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com ... r-sex-life
"Studies going back to the 1960s reveal that rheumatic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, increase the risk of sexual dysfunction, with little insight into how to help those suffering, explained Furst."
I definitely notice symptom improvement when I get sick. Problem is it’s very difficult to get sick. Our th1/th2 is unbalanced. As I sit here in bed with my son who has a terrible cold, knowing I won’t catch it.
When I have had symptoms reversal with cortisone injection first thing that happened I get sick. It’s all connecting but
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

Maxin wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:24 pm
CN9 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:53 pm
Maxin wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:19 pm So any of you guys in this thread have mid section weight gain? Do you know what Cushing’s is? It’s when a person gets a tumor on their adrenal or pituitary gland the secretes cortisol. They get a very distinct moon face, with big pot bellies. Limbs stay slim. Also bruising very easily and prediabetic. This is also the look that most people get while taking ssri’s. Myself very much so. My best friend, her husband. And in a matter of weeks to months.
I believe for some us we develop pseudo cushings. I may not be in such an extreme form as Simone with the tumor producing disease, but my symptoms match cushing’s more than any other condition. And it was definitely drug induced.
I have never been able to get rid of the belly from the ssri, even 15 years later. And when I started the Med I legit had a 12 pack.
Some people say that ssri’s dampen how system but his does not align with my experience nor my blood work while in them. And if they do dampen this system, then why does so many people look like they are on prednisone whilst on them and develop insulin issues?
I made similar experiences and Support this theory!

Which med did you take?
Lexapro. You?
escitaloprame, so the same.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Cortisone is anti inflammatory.. It suggests there is huge amount of inflammation in our body. The windows happen when you surpress this inflammation potently. Its also why people get windows in mifepristone rebound. Just whats the source of this inflammation? Im currently working on this. Might be different from sufferer to sufferer though.

5ht2a agonism reduces tnf-a too. I felt alot better on psychedelics, some part of my cognition came back online.

Were stuck in th2 because something intracellular keeps the immune response in wrong mode. Th2 is connected to eczema, histamine intolerance and i think even absence of fever. I have all of those. I tried gluathione, thymosin alpha 1, these should promote the th1 part. But i think its too weak. I actually got worse from boosting gluathione with glycine and NAC and R-ALA. I did some comprehensive infection testing and got some interesting results. I will try a specific therapy for this. If it happens to work i will create a thread and share the whole theory and idea here.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Also its probably bad to do a steroid injection if you have something like lyme disease, which could make the infection worse.
bigpoppa10040

Unread post by bigpoppa10040 »

Did you have emotional blunting / anhedonia and did the corticosteroids improve that? Can’t believe this thread isn’t talked about more. At this point, we can all agree even if the root cause is never found, we could all be beyond happy with symptom management
andy013

Unread post by andy013 »

I recently came across this paper and it reminded me of this thread: https://www.future-science.com/doi/full ... -2021-0068

It seems like corticosteroids can bind to tryptophan hydroxylase and enhance it's function in some way. It's possible this would lead to more serotonin in your brain and signals that are normally weakened (from the SSRI damage) being restored.
Area1255_2021

Unread post by Area1255_2021 »

andy013 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:46 pm I recently came across this paper and it reminded me of this thread: https://www.future-science.com/doi/full ... -2021-0068

It seems like corticosteroids can bind to tryptophan hydroxylase and enhance it's function in some way. It's possible this would lead to more serotonin in your brain and signals that are normally weakened (from the SSRI damage) being restored.
There are two possibilities here.
1.) Its what you are saying and the serotonin normalizes; returning the body to homeostasis.
2.) Possible. But its more than likely a histamine thing. --> https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/5072228/
...Some people with PSSD, a SMALL group of people might have too much Histamine (like 1%) and this group *might* be getting a reduction in Anxiety.
I'd like to know if people in this group (in this Thread) are having symptoms of too much Histamine, or Histadelia.
  • Headaches
    Nausea
    Anxiety/impulsivity
    Head-racing.
    Heart beating in head at night.
    Sneezing in Sunlight.
This will help us determine if its a Histamine issue or not...