PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Redx07664

PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Unread post by Redx07664 »

Wondering what others think about this... have had PSSD (no erections, muted orgasm, numb penis, usual stuff) for 3 years after 6 months of 50mg Paxil CR. About a year ago, I happened to get a bad rash from poison oak and received an injection and pills of corticosteroids that reversed all the PSSD symptoms 100% for about a day. I've found some information about corticosteroids and apparently they regulate 5-HT1A receptor. What might I try if corticosteroids temporarily did something? Buspirone? For anyone wondering, the injection was dexamethasone and the orals were prednisone.
Kk88

Re: PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Unread post by Kk88 »

interestingly I also had a recovery when taking naproxen for severe back pain -also an anti inflammatory. May not be linked but sounds like it could be. Really want to try and get some more - obviously not a long term solution but nice for every now and then
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Corticosteroids are a class of steroid hormones that are produced in the adrenal cortex of vertebrates, as well as the synthetic analogues of these hormones. Two main classes of corticosteroids, glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids, are involved in a wide range of physiological processes, including stress response, immune response, and regulation of inflammation, carbohydrate metabolism, protein catabolism, blood electrolyte levels, and behavior.
Maybe immune system is the key.
Cooperr

Unread post by Cooperr »

Hello man, may i ask the following questions:

- Erection girth/ length
- Mental arousal/libido
- Erection hardness (Both the penis itself and the pc muscles which start below the testicles, in between your legs. Those muscles should feel almost like contracted metal strings supporting the erection stiffness down below when aroused before PSSD.)
- Morning woods
- Penile scar tissue development or peyronie's like issues/ hourglass shape flaccid or erect.
- Orgasm sensitivity and intensity (controlled by Prostate :!: and pc muscles/nerves)
- Semen volume
- General penile and perineum sensivity (For example, i don't feel my urine coming out, or i don't feel any good while urinating. Before when i was healthy, i would shake my legs while holding a pee and my whole lower body would feel it. Even urinating was amazing. Now thats a faded memory. I am asking this because i am afraid of irreversible nerve damage. Did you remember the warm and sensitive feeling and satisfaction after a pee when you recovered? Do you remember correctly before pssd?)

Did all of these things reversed back to 100- 110% for you when you had that recovery? Can you remember the sensations and sensivity correctly post and pre-pssd?

Thanks. I hope you will recover for good. I hope you can get back at me, i need some hope. :geek:
Last edited by Cooperr on Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cooperr

Unread post by Cooperr »

Kk88 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:58 am interestingly I also had a recovery when taking naproxen for severe back pain -also an anti inflammatory. May not be linked but sounds like it could be. Really want to try and get some more - obviously not a long term solution but nice for every now and then
Can you please read my message above and contribute about your own recovery too :) thanks a lot guys.
:idea:
Redx07664

Unread post by Redx07664 »

Cooperr wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:11 pm Hello man, may i ask the following questions:

- Erection girth/ length
- Mental arousal/libido
- Erection hardness (Both the penis itself and the pc muscles which start below the testicles, in between your legs. Those muscles should feel almost like contracted metal strings supporting the erection stiffness down below when aroused before PSSD.)
- Morning woods
- Penile scar tissue development or peyronie's like issues/ hourglass shape flaccid or erect.
- Orgasm sensitivity and intensity (controlled by Prostate :!: and pc muscles/nerves)
- Semen volume
- General penile and perineum sensivity (For example, i don't feel my urine coming out, or i don't feel any good while urinating. Before when i was healthy, i would shake my legs while holding a pee and my whole lower body would feel it. Even urinating was amazing. Now thats a faded memory. I am asking this because i am afraid of irreversible nerve damage. Did you remember the warm and sensitive feeling and satisfaction after a pee when you recovered? Do you remember correctly before pssd?)

Did all of these things reversed back to 100- 110% for you when you had that recovery? Can you remember the sensations and sensivity correctly post and pre-pssd?

Thanks. I hope you will recover for good. I hope you can get back at me, i need some hope. :geek:
On the dosage of corticosteroids, ALL symptoms, everything you may think you have, was reversed. It only lasted about 24 hours but it gave me some hope and something to go off of. I've been down the road of hoping something works and nothing happens so if it doesn't work, don't lose hope. I've felt like there is something wrong in my pelvis, genitals, and sphincter and it was all reversed temporarily.

Any more questions let me know.
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Finally... some discussion around cortisol/corticosteroids.

Firstly: Low cortisol will lead to LOW dopamine symptoms, and complete emotional BLUNTING.

See this article by my friend:

Thyroid sets the idle for your system, cortisol is your gas pedal. Getting these two right/wrong, will have life-changing consequences.

"Greater motivation and enthusiasm to do things. Both the locus coeruleus (noradrenaline) and the ventral tegmentum (dopamine) are very rich in cortisol receptors. In fact, cortisol drastically elevates dopamine (much more than testosterone). Cortisol also strongly elevates noradrenaline and in high doses, it decreases serotonin. Thus high levels of cortisol make us driven (dopamine), alert (noradrenaline), rigid and obsessive and stressed (decrease in serotonin)¹."

https://thingsvarious.medium.com/cortis ... 3ba8af54e8
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Cooperr wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:34 pm
Kk88 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:58 am interestingly I also had a recovery when taking naproxen for severe back pain -also an anti inflammatory. May not be linked but sounds like it could be. Really want to try and get some more - obviously not a long term solution but nice for every now and then
Can you please read my message above and contribute about your own recovery too :) thanks a lot guys.
:idea:
I'm female so most of your questions not relevant. My experience was pretty simple though, oral sex from my partner and it actually felt warm and pleasant, rather than cold and nothing. I wanted it to continue rather than the usual waiting for it to be over. I then had an effortless and nice orgasm (not mind blowing, but jeez it was nice just to be able to get one from a partner without having to try so hard the fun is lost). Only took 2 pills so unsure if the effects would have continued. Would really like to get some more naproxen but no idea how/where - these were just 2 leftovers my partner had.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:53 am Finally... some discussion around cortisol/corticosteroids.

Firstly: Low cortisol will lead to LOW dopamine symptoms, and complete emotional BLUNTING.

See this article by my friend:

Thyroid sets the idle for your system, cortisol is your gas pedal. Getting these two right/wrong, will have life-changing consequences.

"Greater motivation and enthusiasm to do things. Both the locus coeruleus (noradrenaline) and the ventral tegmentum (dopamine) are very rich in cortisol receptors. In fact, cortisol drastically elevates dopamine (much more than testosterone). Cortisol also strongly elevates noradrenaline and in high doses, it decreases serotonin. Thus high levels of cortisol make us driven (dopamine), alert (noradrenaline), rigid and obsessive and stressed (decrease in serotonin)¹."

https://thingsvarious.medium.com/cortis ... 3ba8af54e8

I have chronically high cortisol and adrenaline. I'm not driven, i'm crippled with parasympathetic overactivity. So you're incorrect.

You're basically suggesting that stress would elevate our dopamine, so no.