Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ErgogenicHealth

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Let's add AGMATINE to the list... This has caused noticeable penile shrinkage, worsened anhedonia and zero orgasm. Normal erections though. Not a fan of agmatine.
To determine its effects on 5-HT1A and 2A quite challenging. Could also be its interaction with A2 adrenergic receptor?
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Meso wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:21 am
Thomas wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:13 am
Meso wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:29 pm Mirtazapine may seem innocuous at first, but there are a couple of cases where it triggered a PSSD-like condition. I bet this is because it raises Allopreganolone and withdrawal of such a drug would cause a GABA-A and dopamine deficiency.
I was talking about symptomatic relief, and this drug seems perfect for that (actually, what you said is backing-up my point ;)).
Regarding withdrawal, this drug is such a powerful antidepressant that I was a psychological mess when I quitted.
What about Mianserin instead? it seems safer. It also lacks the kappa partial agonism (dysphoria) of Mirtazapine AFAIK.
Could you please elaborate a bit why it would be safer? I am considering a trial with one of them.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
dzidektancerz

Unread post by dzidektancerz »

I have a question. You list thinks to avoid. They are serotogenic substances/serotonin agonist.
Im not sure if those names meaning the same.
If yes, not sure why ginger give me depresion but thinks like b complex or omega 3 gave me a relief.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

dzidektancerz wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:29 am I have a question. You list thinks to avoid. They are serotogenic substances/serotonin agonist.
Im not sure if those names meaning the same.
If yes, not sure why ginger give me depresion but thinks like b complex or omega 3 gave me a relief.
Ginger increases depression or (heighted sensitivity) initially because it activates 5ht1a receptors. After chronic use, however, you will crash and receptors will down regulate leaving you with a worse baseline. This was my experience unfortunately.
dzidektancerz

Still I don't understand what a different between ginger and other stuff which active serotonin in the brain like tumeric, fish oil
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Ginger is a 5ht1a agonist and fish oil isn't. There's the difference.
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Please add Avena Sativa to the list!

for details see my post "Avena Sativa Crash WARNING"
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

I also might add, TAURINE?! @meso I just found out that Taurine has an affinity towards the 5-HT1A receptor... DO we have any guys that crash from using Taurine?
Taurine-mediated aggression is abolished via 5-HT1A antagonism and serotonin depletion in zebrafish
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 5720304123
Chuck83

Unread post by Chuck83 »

I think also Antipsychotics such as Risperidone and its metabolite Paliperidone should be also added to the list. They have affinity with serotonin 5HT1-A receptors, and block dopaminergic transmission, particularly dopamine D2 receptors, can consequently worsen this condition. I know some people with severe psychosis need to take them, but sometimes they are also prescribed for mild conditions like insomnia or anxiety disorders, in that case I think it would be better to avoid them. I have never taken antipsychotics, but I know some people have worsened their PSSD baseline with these medications.
dzidektancerz

Hello. I struggle with PSSD for 6 years. 6 years of trying tons of supplements with nice effect but only temporary. Now I want to take different strategy.
Just stop consuming thinks which killing my windows. I'm sure one of this are coffeine.bybthe way linseed oil works good for me.
Any one know what's else should I avoid after mirtapazine withdrawal ?