Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
User avatar
Meso
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Meso »

Thomas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:06 pm
Meso wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:10 pm Here's a list of the worst offenders when it comes to PSSD.

Antidepressants:
It goes without saying to avoid any antidepressant that inhibits SERT function (i.e. Certain tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, Trazodone, Vortioxetine ... etc) or messes with neurosteroids (i.e. Mirtazapine). There are reports of post-AD syndromes similar to PSSD from that.
Could you please elaborate a bit about mirtazapine? It looks like the perfect antidepressant for us (its worst side-effect, drowsiness, is rather a benefits for us suffering from insomnia).
On the opposite, SJW has a SSRI effect (amongst many), so it seems more risky to me.
Hey Thomas, just read your PM.

Mirtazapine may seem innocuous at first, but there are a couple of cases where it triggered a PSSD-like condition. I bet this is because it raises Allopreganolone and withdrawal of such a drug would cause a GABA-A and dopamine deficiency.
Blog: Link 1
Q&A session 1: HTML
Thomas
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:32 am
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Thomas »

Meso wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:29 pm Mirtazapine may seem innocuous at first, but there are a couple of cases where it triggered a PSSD-like condition. I bet this is because it raises Allopreganolone and withdrawal of such a drug would cause a GABA-A and dopamine deficiency.
I was talking about symptomatic relief, and this drug seems perfect for that (actually, what you said is backing-up my point ;)).
Regarding withdrawal, this drug is such a powerful antidepressant that I was a psychological mess when I quitted.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: low libido | sexual numbness | insomnia
User avatar
Meso
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Meso »

Thomas wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:13 am
Meso wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:29 pm Mirtazapine may seem innocuous at first, but there are a couple of cases where it triggered a PSSD-like condition. I bet this is because it raises Allopreganolone and withdrawal of such a drug would cause a GABA-A and dopamine deficiency.
I was talking about symptomatic relief, and this drug seems perfect for that (actually, what you said is backing-up my point ;)).
Regarding withdrawal, this drug is such a powerful antidepressant that I was a psychological mess when I quitted.
What about Mianserin instead? it seems safer. It also lacks the kappa partial agonism (dysphoria) of Mirtazapine AFAIK.
Blog: Link 1
Q&A session 1: HTML
ErgogenicHealth
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 8:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Meso wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:21 am
Thomas wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:13 am
Meso wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:29 pm Mirtazapine may seem innocuous at first, but there are a couple of cases where it triggered a PSSD-like condition. I bet this is because it raises Allopreganolone and withdrawal of such a drug would cause a GABA-A and dopamine deficiency.
I was talking about symptomatic relief, and this drug seems perfect for that (actually, what you said is backing-up my point ;)).
Regarding withdrawal, this drug is such a powerful antidepressant that I was a psychological mess when I quitted.
What about Mianserin instead? it seems safer. It also lacks the kappa partial agonism (dysphoria) of Mirtazapine AFAIK.
Meso, I have found another probe... I tried ACID PHOS 6X homeopathic 2 pallets under tongue.

This resulted in a strong window that lasted for 4-6 hours...But it took 2 hours to notice these effects!

In homeopathy it is used for:
"Phosphoric acid has also great physical weakness; so tired in the back; so tired in the muscles; so tired all over; a paralytic weakness. Later there is sexual impotence; aversion to coition; loss of sexual desire; no erections; penis becomes relaxed in the midst of an embrace and he cannot finish the act"
Tree
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Tree »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:20 am Meso!!! My man.

Lucas here.

We spoke a few times on Discord... About how Ashwagandha ruined me... And how St. John's Wort brings me back to a 90% cured state after a few doses.

Same with Cyproheptadine, which also cures me, but only 4 days after a single dose...Has this remarkable snap back effect.

Now I am going to be trialling HYDROCORTISONE microdose to truly test whether my symptoms are coming down to LOW cortisol, which would then modulate 5-HT1A.

I would like to add to this list of things to avoid:
-Magnesium Supplements.
-Zinc supplements.
-Potatoe Starch/Cassava starch.
-What @Tree said about Gingner is SPOT ON!!!! Ginger will numb my di** for a good 5-7 days.
-Berberine.
-

Are all signs in my case pointing towards the stubborn 5-HT1A receptor?!?!

I am curious to see what Lithium Orotate does, seeing as though it copies what SJW does... up-regulates post synaptic 5-HT1A receptors.

Then finally I will trial Rhodiola rosea.
Why do you say to avoid berberine? Did you have a bad experience with it? It's shown to activate sert. I'm skeptical to try it because it's a presynaptic 5ht1a agonist. We need a drug that specifically targets sert and upregulates it.
User avatar
Meso
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Meso »

Tree wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:59 pm Why do you say to avoid berberine? Did you have a bad experience with it? It's shown to activate sert. I'm skeptical to try it because it's a presynaptic 5ht1a agonist. We need a drug that specifically targets sert and upregulates it.
Berberine looks good on paper for short-term use, but it's 5-alpha reductase inhibitor similar to Finasteride so might cause problems.
Blog: Link 1
Q&A session 1: HTML
Jaxx
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 7:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Jaxx »

Meso wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:44 am
Tree wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:59 pm Why do you say to avoid berberine? Did you have a bad experience with it? It's shown to activate sert. I'm skeptical to try it because it's a presynaptic 5ht1a agonist. We need a drug that specifically targets sert and upregulates it.
Berberine looks good on paper for short-term use, but it's 5-alpha reductase inhibitor similar to Finasteride so might cause problems.
How relevant is it that “ Berberine did not affect AR mRNA expression, but induced AR protein degradation. ”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3154574/
User avatar
Meso
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Meso »

Jaxx wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:09 pm How relevant is it that “ Berberine did not affect AR mRNA expression, but induced AR protein degradation. ”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3154574/
It doesn't downregulate AR, but it destabilizes the receptor complex. This is what this means.
Blog: Link 1
Q&A session 1: HTML
Jaxx
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 7:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Jaxx »

Yes, but does this mean there are similar risks as with propecia?
User avatar
Meso
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Meso »

Jaxx wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:09 am Yes, but does this mean there are similar risks as with propecia?
It's a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor so it has the same risks as Finasteride, yeah. Furthermore, with AR disruption on top, it could have profound AR antagonistic effects to add.
Blog: Link 1
Q&A session 1: HTML
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests