Pssd acceptance and meditation

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
narigator

Pssd acceptance and meditation

Unread post by narigator »

Hello everyone,

I have PSSD for five years. And all this time I keep ruminating on this problem, generating depression and anxiety.

Looking for a pssd cure and regretting it only made my condition worse.

For the past few months I have focused on just watching my negative thoughts and bad feelings about pssd, without getting involved with them or letting them take me to a bigger hole. I also meditate every day and exercise regularly.

At first it was very painful, but now I feel much better about depression and even with sexual symptoms.

I don't know if this could be a response to pssd, but it is certainly a way of not letting this condition lead to suicide or a life without quality.
anacleta

Re: Pssd acceptance and meditation

Unread post by anacleta »

i have been suffering from it for 7 years now. i am no longer with the rush and expectation of a cure.
i think a lot about the pssd problem and what to do to help the recognition, but this does not make me feel overwhelmed, by now i am an is used to it, although the first few years i would have preferred to die than get used to this condition.
i like to read in your thoughts that you love yourself and want to find a way to live better. we should try to take the good that is still possible although with huge compromises.
i have never tried meditation and i don't know its power. update us
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

its impossible to accept loss of personality
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Meditation has been very helpful for me. In meditation lingo, acceptance is similar to something called equanimity. Equanimity is a quality of your mind in which one is able to observe thoughts and sensations without a preference for or against those sensations- a neutral observer if you will. With strong equanimity one can avoid the downward spirals that often occur with dwelling on PSSD, or any negative life event. I'm no expert by any means, so I suggest diving into the meditation world and giving it an honest effort. There are tons of books, guides, techniques, practices, etc. No one book or technique is perfect so you just have to explore. I've been traveling down the meditation rabbit hole for a few years and it has been more interesting and beneficial over time. I suggest checking out these Reddit communities as well: r/StreamEntry r/TheMindIlluminated
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

I dont wanna acceptance, I wanna get my old self back
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

Sounds like unproductive coping mechanisms to me. There is nothing to accept about pssd.
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

Yeah, many people claim to be recovered but instead its just a coping mechnism, so fucking sad.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Naczoz, one can recover from PSSD and build mental resilience at the same time. They are two separate things. However those who are able to remain calm probably have an easier time recovering because being in constant distress is not healthy for your brain.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

Agree. Distress is not healthy. Than again - most longterm sufferes find peace in lifestyle changes or other religious bullshit just to cope with it but if you ask them about details about their symptoms, they are all still there. I know myself at least seven longerm (10+) sufferes who did not improve at all or just barely but found peace in being asexuall. Thats just sad.
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

Naczoz wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:39 am Agree. Distress is not healthy. Than again - most longterm sufferes find peace in lifestyle changes or other religious bullshit just to cope with it but if you ask them about details about their symptoms, they are all still there. I know myself at least seven longerm (10+) sufferes who did not improve at all or just barely but found peace in being asexuall. Thats just sad.
Man, that's the very reason you were banned on discord server. You are the very much personalization of despair. You're not doomed. You are dooming yourself.
I'm doing a BUNCH LOT of things in lifestyle, including exercise, diet, meditation and a lot of other new habits because I am in a SHIT ASS position and guess what? I'm seeing improvements. When I was drowning in deep despair hole just like you I was much, MUCH worst than now. And the trend is forward.
You won't get you anywhere with your attitude and tbh doesn't really seem like you want to overcome this ridiculous disease.