Has anyone actually tried 5HT1A antagonists?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
finities infinities

Re: Has anyone actually tried 5HT1A antagonists?

Unread post by finities infinities »

Yes, both 5ht1a is involved into ,,normal world perception"- post synaptic release oxytocin, endogenous ,,carbamazepine" which induced ,,magical human perception" of world, feeling of sense and love, nostalgia, crying, love, and all beatuiful colours of my life! Presynaptic 5ht1a control serotonin release is like natural ,,fenclonine" which reduce disgust, over-morality, over-empathy, terror anxiety and dysphoria.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

sovietxrobot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:37 am Buspirone has a well-established pro-sexual effect in the literature, and is often coupled with SSRI to counter some of the sexual side-effects. I have never read a paper or case report that reported negative sexual side effects. Not to say its impossible, but seems unlikely.
It's prosexual on the short-term. On the long-term, it can desensitize presynaptic 5HT1A receptors. Best case scenario is that it loses its prosexual effects and you get back to your baseline again. However, a few people I talked to reported crashing on it and ended up with permanent loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, genital numbness, anhedonia, blunted affect, etc.

It looks like no one tried selective 5HT1A antagonists on the forum.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Meso wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:16 pm
sovietxrobot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:37 am Buspirone has a well-established pro-sexual effect in the literature, and is often coupled with SSRI to counter some of the sexual side-effects. I have never read a paper or case report that reported negative sexual side effects. Not to say its impossible, but seems unlikely.
It's prosexual on the short-term. On the long-term, it can desensitize presynaptic 5HT1A receptors. Best case scenario is that it loses its prosexual effects and you get back to your baseline again. However, a few people I talked to reported crashing on it and ended up with permanent loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, genital numbness, anhedonia, blunted affect, etc.

what are you basing that on? I have found 0 published evidence of negative longterm effects of buspar. I have been on it for 15 years and it still exerts a positive effect.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

sovietxrobot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:41 pm what are you basing that on? I have found 0 published evidence of negative longterm effects of buspar. I have been on it for 15 years and it still exerts a positive effect.
I'm basing that on many first-hand experience with patients who offered their anecdotes to me regarding their use of Buspirone. Most of them experienced pro-sexual effects during the first month then it rapidly faded and either returned to baseline or ended up crashing.

Just because it's working for you long-term doesn't mean it would be the same experience for everyone else.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Meso wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:45 pm I'm basing that on many first-hand experience with patients who offered their anecdotes to me regarding their use of Buspirone. Most of them experienced pro-sexual effects during the first month then it rapidly faded and either returned to baseline or ended up crashing.

Just because it's working for you long-term doesn't mean it would be the same experience for everyone else.
These are anecdotes. You have no way of causally linking buspar to a crash. This is the biggest hurdle in PSSD research. The former effect is certainly plausible, its really a hallmark feature of PSSD; theres many beneficial compounds, but the benefits never last. I'm also not saying a crash is impossible, every medication comes with a risk, especially for PSSD sufferers. Just that it has a published track record of pro-sexual effects and safety, which to me holds more weight than a few anecdotal reports. Just because it didnt work for a few people doesnt mean it wouldn't work for others.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

sovietxrobot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:54 pm These are anecdotes. You have no way of causally linking buspar to a crash. This is the biggest hurdle in PSSD research. The former effect is certainly plausible, its really a hallmark feature of PSSD; theres many beneficial compounds, but the benefits never last. I'm also not saying a crash is impossible, every medication comes with a risk, especially for PSSD sufferers. Just that it has a published track record of pro-sexual effects and safety, which to me holds more weight than a few anecdotal reports. Just because it didnt work for a few people doesnt mean it wouldn't work for others.
Exactly - everything can crash you. So, I made this thread for people who crashed on Buspirone and for those who believe that 5HT1A autoreceptor desensitization could be a pathophysiological mechanism of PSSD. This thread is obviously not for bashing on Buspirone or saying it's a crash-inducing drug otherwise I'd have added it to the list I made about substances which are often linked to crashing.
Meso wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 pm Since some people reported crashing horribly from 5HT1A agonists like Buspirone and desensitization of 5HT1A autoreceptors might be implicated in PSSD pathophysiology, it begs the question: Has anyone actually tried 5HT1A antagonists?
You can't dispute the anecdotes of people who did crash on Buspirone or retuned to baseline, either.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

But see:
- Buspirone is presynaptic 5ht1a receptor agonist. Stimulation of the 5ht1a receptor blocks the ,,morality disgust dangerous" serotonin and causes pro-sexual, vasodilation, calming effects. When stimulated, 5ht1a receptors are easily desensitized and the flood of serotonin floods the brain causing mental torture.
Presynaptic 5ht1a agonist are the only substances that restore my normal perceptions from before amisulpride/mianserin PSSD ,,morality and disgust" and reduce my PSSD symptoms. Their withdrawal always results in a crash, and vasoconstriction so strong that I was hospitalized this month with ,,water intoxication" after magnesium intake ( magnesium is cofactor Tryptophan hydroxylase!). my crash after mangesium, is persist to now, I was swollen like a balloon and my nose froze from vasoconstriction, was throwing up all the time, was extreme agitated, agressive and morality disgust.
climb

Unread post by climb »

I've been trying buspirone recently. Details on my intro thread.

The instructions of the medication say that it can improve or worsen sexual function. Given my experience with the drug, I'd believe that either was possible. If it can make you worse, it can probably make you crash. There seem to be fewer reports of negative reactions to buspirone than other drugs, but if someone says they crashed, I believe them.

I never heard of someone crashing on inositol until I did.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

sovietxrobot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:41 pm
Meso wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:16 pm

what are you basing that on? I have found 0 published evidence of negative longterm effects of buspar. I have been on it for 15 years and it still exerts a positive effect.
15 years taking it daily, wow. That's a lot. I thought I was too much time while taking it for more than two years and still searching an optional dose.
There's a confounding variable that must be considered, how many who claim crashed on it also believed in the desensitization theory of doom while taking it?
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

climb wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:29 pm I've been trying buspirone recently. Details on my intro thread.

The instructions of the medication say that it can improve or worsen sexual function. Given my experience with the drug, I'd believe that either was possible. If it can make you worse, it can probably make you crash. There seem to be fewer reports of negative reactions to buspirone than other drugs, but if someone says they crashed, I believe them.

I never heard of someone crashing on inositol until I did.
Inositol is fucked up. First time I took it, it improved my orgasm sensation. Than I got crashed from traozodne. Than I took inositol again hopeing it will restore my orgasm - it crashed me even more. I believe I am permamently fucked right now.