Serotonin agonists = danger?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Gonzo

Serotonin agonists = danger?

Unread post by Gonzo »

Or not necessarily?
Does the danger comes mostly from SSRI'S? And isn't the same obviously?
Tree

Re: Serotonin agonists = danger?

Unread post by Tree »

Serotonin agonists with pssd Is dangerous. You risk worsening baseline by further desensitizing receptor. It happened to
me and others have crashed from agonists.
Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo »

Tree wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:46 am Serotonin agonists with pssd Is dangerous. You risk worsening baseline by further desensitizing receptor. It happened to
Which drug made you crash?
I crashed with chlorphenamine, an old anthistaminic, that it's actually a true SSRI, it made my pssd permanently worse after years of improvements.
What other agonists have you heard worsening pssd?
I don't understand very well. Buspirone is serotonin agonist, valerian root also, and I don't think they are dangerous for pssd, it's very confusing for me.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Gonzo wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:09 am
Tree wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:46 am Serotonin agonists with pssd Is dangerous. You risk worsening baseline by further desensitizing receptor. It happened to
Which drug made you crash?
I crashed with chlorphenamine, an old anthistaminic, that it's actually a true SSRI, it made my pssd permanently worse after years of improvements.
What other agonists have you heard worsening pssd?
I don't understand very well. Buspirone is serotonin agonist, valerian root also, and I don't think they are dangerous for pssd, it's very confusing for me.
Ginger, Bupropion, and chronic opioid use while recovering from surgery. Crashed three separate times taking each of these drugs. They are all pro serotonin 5ht1a agonists. Baseline never recovered from each of these crashes. I keep crashing because sert is not functioning properly so serotonin builds up in my body then receptors eventually desensitize. It's induced by elevated serotonin because I get mild serotonin syndrome symptoms like agitation, increased body temperature, mild fever, high blood pressure, and anxiety, before crashing.