Fecal Matter Transplant

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Maxin

Fecal Matter Transplant

Unread post by Maxin »

I’m considering doing fmt to treat my post ssri cfs and anhedonia. I’ve been researching like crazy. I feel like I’ve exhausted all targets for brain changes, so perhaps it time to change the second brain. It’s pretty incredible reading some experiences of how fmt has changed people’s lives. It’s cured people of bipolar, cfs, low motivation, depression. And reading a few testimonials really aligned with what I’ve been dealing with. This one girl talked about how suddenly things came back to life for her. That music sounded amazing, the beach was beautiful. Sounded like anhedonia.

One of my persistent symptoms has been this giant bloated belly. If I relax I look 8 months pregnant. It’s so not normal. We also have not looked into how these drugs might have changed our gut microbes very much. I’ve always know that our gut was important for neurotransmitters, but when you start realizing that the wrong gut flora causes things such as bipolar, it’s quite clear that it should be a large area to be looking at. I’ve found in the pssd world, most people become so laser focused on this receptor or that auto receptor. That it’s like looking for the smallest needle in the biggest haystack. I’ve been watching the same conversations for 15 years now and most times they just go in circles. I think instead of stepping in closer and closer, it’s time to take a step back. Because the human body is too mysterious to get that detailed. Especially considering most psychiatry is a bunch of guess work.
So according to some studies, ssri’s can work similarly to antibiotics. I will proved a link to one below. Also aligns with the anti fungal and fasting/diet windows people get.
The biggest hurdle will be where to get the poop. I have one close friend I think would make a great donor but to ask is so embarrassing. I have a hard time even telling my mom
About my experiments, as I’m always trying the next big thing. So I’m very self conscious to talk about my health issues anymore.

https://neurosciencenews.com/ssri-serot ... ome-14877/
garycooper

Re: Fecal Matter Transplant

Unread post by garycooper »

Since you have GI symptoms, this is definitely worth a shot.

I've personally done 6 home FMT, but I had no success with my PSSD. Its not an exact science, and the change you can experience can be beyond your PSSD.

I recommend getting a sample from a close friend in a monogamous relationship, with excellent health (mental and physical), and no recent travel to countries with risk of catching gut diseases, and getting his poop tested. Best of luck!
ddaylew

Unread post by ddaylew »

garycooper wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:19 pm Since you have GI symptoms, this is definitely worth a shot.

I've personally done 6 home FMT, but I had no success with my PSSD. Its not an exact science, and the change you can experience can be beyond your PSSD.

I recommend getting a sample from a close friend in a monogamous relationship, with excellent health (mental and physical), and no recent travel to countries with risk of catching gut diseases, and getting his poop tested. Best of luck!
Hi Gary, I am planning to do FMT for my non-ssri induced PSSD (I have many symptoms of pssd but I never took an ssri. My symptoms coincided with the onset of fatigue, mild psoriasis, and gut symptoms). I have worked on my gut in the past with oregano oil and other supplements with good results on fatigue and psoriasis, but the pssd symptoms remain.

Could you discuss more about the steps you took to carry out your FMT? (i.e. who was your donor, how did you identify them, how did you process your stool, any benefits you experienced, over what time frame you conducted your fmt).

Maxin - Here is some information that may interest you. I am planning to do a seven day water only fast before I begin my FMTs. During a prolonged fast, the bacteria gradually die off and reduce greatly in number. The overgrown bacteria also decrease in number relative to the undergrown bacteria, so the microbiome as a whole becomes more balanced. I have read some case reports by doctors who have had great success in sending auto-immune diseases into remission with prolonged fasting. By introducing a fmt while the native dysfunctional microbiome is in a reduced and weakened state, the new microbes will have an easier time outcompeting the old microbes and fundamentally changing the composition of your microbiome. This approach should reduce the risk of relapse, which can happen if you have a firmly lodged overgrowth of strong dysfunctional bacteria. Also, in conditions such as cfs and pssd, there is broad microbiome dysfunction, so many fmts are likely necessary to achieve full remission. This is unlike fmt used for cdiff infection, which has a high success rate with just one fmt. One person on this forum has already used fmt to successfully cure his PSSD. Look for the thread started by the user Blauwasser.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Interesting, thank you. Also wanted to let you know there is a couple of donors online you can order from. One is mginfusions. He donates at a clinic so his stool is tested regularly.
I have such a hard time with fasts due to hypoglycemia and my fatigue. But maybe I could at least last a few days.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Have you found a physician willing to carry out the fecal transplant? or do you prefer DIY at home?

I'm very interested in trying FMT myself in an attempt to curing anhedonia and post-COVID fatigue permanently, but I couldn't convince my doc to carry it out. So, if I want to do it, I don't have other choice but DIY (i.e. filling up capsules for oral intake).
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Meso wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:59 pm Have you found a physician willing to carry out the fecal transplant? or do you prefer DIY at home?

I'm very interested in trying FMT myself in an attempt to curing anhedonia and post-COVID fatigue permanently, but I couldn't convince my doc to carry it out. So, if I want to do it, I don't have other choice but DIY (i.e. filling up capsules for oral intake).
In the US it’s only approved for c diff. And any clinic not covered is ridiculously expensive. There is the Taymount clinic but it costs a fortune. I believe there is another place you can now order from but it’s about 1900 dollars. It seems that mginfusions is good, but I don’t believe he can ship overseas. I may try him, he is a donor for a clinic so is screened regularly. And affordable. Second option would be my son. Not sure he will have enough diversity due to his age. This third option I’m not considering, just putting it out there because it’s so gross and yet intriguing. So there is a woman in my fmt Facebook group who was cured by taking dog poop pills. Apparently there is a biome clinic for dogs and the poop is screened and pets and humans have similar gut biome. So she ordered some from there. I’m not doing that of course, just found it interesting. I also think it’s fascinating to realize why dogs eat other dogs poop, especially as puppies. They can apparently smell microbes that they need to add to their gut which is why they do it when young.
I’m researching a lot lately about the gut, and how it shapes who we are and so much about our health. FMT has cured a few people in the Reddit group of bipolar for instance. There is also a story on there of a girl who suffered from ibs. She never diagnosed herself with anhedonia, but her description of how she felt after her first fmt was exactly like someone’s brain waking from anhedonia.
I would recommend finding a friend that seems healthy. See what number on the Bristol scale his/her poop looks like. Their history of antibiotic use. Breastfed when young is better. You can also have them get some blood work and stool test if you want. Join the fmt group on Reddit, there is a lot of info there as well.
I believe my cfs got worse after getting Covid last March. I will be making a separate post about this, I just didn’t want to speak too soon. But look into carbon60 fullerene. I’ve never had anything have such profound effects in my fatigue. Also helping in other areas I’m hopeful about, but again it’s early days.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

A friend shared this with me earlier. Are you aware of this study:
https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/a ... 016-0680-9

It looks like do-it-yourself oral capsules of feces actually do work for FMT.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Meso wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:19 pm A friend shared this with me earlier. Are you aware of this study:
https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/a ... 016-0680-9

It looks like do-it-yourself oral capsules of feces actually do work for FMT.
Yes you can do capsules or enema they both work.
ddaylew

Unread post by ddaylew »

Maxin wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:21 pm Interesting, thank you. Also wanted to let you know there is a couple of donors online you can order from. One is mginfusions. He donates at a clinic so his stool is tested regularly.
I have such a hard time with fasts due to hypoglycemia and my fatigue. But maybe I could at least last a few days.
Thanks, yes I am aware of MG Infusions. I am looking into buying from him or from Microbioma. These are the two best online sources I could find.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

ddaylew wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:55 pm
Maxin wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:21 pm Interesting, thank you. Also wanted to let you know there is a couple of donors online you can order from. One is mginfusions. He donates at a clinic so his stool is tested regularly.
Thanks, yes I am aware of MG Infusions. I am looking into buying from him or from Microbioma. These are the two best online sources I could find.
I have heard not great things about micrrobiomafor what it’s worth. Are you going to do oral or enema?