Homeopathic SSRI relieve patient symptoms

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Thomas

Re: Homeopathic SSRI relieve patient symptoms

Unread post by Thomas »

Maxin wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:31 pm
Thomas wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:54 am
WeAreTheDead wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 am the homeopathic effect is pseudoscience.
Lots of studies demonstrated that homeopathic drugs were equivalent to placebo.
My dog’s vet was a homeopathic practitioner. The changes I saw with his treatments were profound. And I don’t think placebo works on pets 😉
One case doesn’t demonstrate anything. I ate a burger just before getting PSSD, thus burgers give PSSD?
There are studies about animal homeopathy too.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Thomas wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:26 pm
Thomas wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:54 am
Lots of studies demonstrated that homeopathic drugs were equivalent to placebo.
My dog’s vet was a homeopathic practitioner. The changes I saw with his treatments were profound. And I don’t think placebo works on pets 😉
One case doesn’t demonstrate anything. I ate a burger just before getting PSSD, thus burgers give PSSD?
Of course, there's no dog reporting symptoms in a scale, then homeopathy can "work" on the dog's owner subjective perception/interpretation of "improvement". If you get measurable clinical endpoint, that's where homeopathy "woks" not better than placebo pills.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
WeAreTheDead

Unread post by WeAreTheDead »

Thomas wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:52 am Symptoms are similar to those of depression or anxiety, then I don't think it is that surprising psych drugs can help. I am quite convinced some part of my symptoms are psychological, even if I don't feel sad or anxious (I don't feel at all, actually). I am considering reinstating antidepressants, but not SSRIs.
And it is obvious that some (not all) people here are depressed, which could explain all of their symptoms. For them, antidepressants should work, except if they reinstate only few days with the fear of worsening. For the others, it is more complicated.
-I have read the previous, uneditted version of Thomas's post, in which he attributed all
cases of PSSD to depression and anxiety, despite the vast evidence to the contrary,
and in clear violation of rule 1-C. Now he has created a revised form of disinformation,
in which he attributes cases of PSSD to depression itself, in the particular portion of cases
in which a person has taken SRIs for depression. That is despite the fact that that has been
proven false countless times by the fact that people's depression never caused PSSD,
and only after they started taking SRIs did the PSSD occur.

Furthermore, as any educated person knows already, depression itself can cause the
PSSD-like symptoms of lower or absent libido, and general anhedonia, but it can not cause
the PSSD symptoms of numb orgasm, numb erection/arousal, and lack of physical pleasure
sensitivity; and the aforementioned PSSD-like symptoms that depression does cause
go away quickly after the depression ceases.

And if anyone is thinking of consuming an SRI to counteract your depression- don't.
SRIs usually aren't even effective against mild-to-moderate depression.
If you have depression, and want it to go away, then consume a daily tablet of
over-the-counter soluble magnesium (which means magnesium that is bound to an organic anion,
as opposed to oxide or hydroxide). Soluble magnesium is far more effective against depression,
especially in the case of mild-to-moderate depression, than SRIs are. That is because the
magnesium ions block the particular NMDA receptors that create the depression sensation,
like a "magic bullet".
SRIs are not "anti-depressants"; they are anti-sexualants.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

arahant wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:59 pm
Thomas wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:26 pm
Of course, there's no dog reporting symptoms in a scale, then homeopathy can "work" on the dog's owner subjective perception/interpretation of "improvement". If you get measurable clinical endpoint, that's where homeopathy "woks" not better than placebo pills.
So my dog had skin sores that for two years were not helped by antibiotics, anti fungals, steroids, numerous changes in diet, special shampoos. Had chunks of hair missing. Homeopathy was a last ditch effort. Within a week her sores were healing, and within a month her coat was back to normal. But it must have been my perception, of course. 🤔
Sorry but it was not an interpretation. This conversation could go round and round, and get us nowhere. I’d rather just give it a try and report back.
I originally was on a large dose of lexapro (20mg) when I developed all my symptoms. 6 years later I tried taking 0.5 mg which would be considered a micro dose. First, it effected me within an hour. When normally ssri’s take three to 6 weeks to take effect. Second, the dose felt way too strong. So that shows in my case that even after years, my receptors had not healed at all, they were just as lexapro had left them. I could not tolerate even that low of a dose.
From my perspective, homeopathy will be a signal and familiarity to the energy of that specific medication. And everything carries an energetic field. I’m curious what that reminder will do. That’s all.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

WeAreTheDead wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:00 am -I have read the previous, uneditted version of Thomas's post, in which he attributed all
cases of PSSD to depression and anxiety, despite the vast evidence to the contrary,
and in clear violation of rule 1-C. Now he has created a revised form of disinformation,
in which he attributes cases of PSSD to depression itself, in the particular portion of cases
in which a person has taken SRIs for depression. That is despite the fact that that has been
proven false countless times by the fact that people's depression never caused PSSD,
and only after they started taking SRIs did the PSSD occur.
I never wrote this nor advised to take SRIs. Besides, I edited my post 4 minutes after posting.
If my actual post is not clear, I wrote and think that PSSD is partly (from 0% to 100%, depending on cases) caused by anxiety or depression (especially: rebound after quitting or PSSD vicious circle). Depressed /anxious people here should start by treating their depression / anxiety, as suggested by Ghost: https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2681
I think that denying this is not helping them.
And writing "antidepressant should work" wasn't advising to take them but simply answering to garycooper's surprise, telling I was not that surprised they work on some symptoms for some people - I agree this may be confusing, sorry for my bad English.

Again, I never wrote nor thought it was 100% psychological in 100% of cases. I don't think it is for myself, but my PSSD made me way more sensitive to psychological factors:
1) Before PSSD, I was sad / anxious lots of time without any PSSD symptoms
2) Since PSSD, the intensity of my symptoms (including physical numbing, btw) has highly depended on my mood even if I hadn't felt as sad / anxious as before (thanks to emotional numbing?)
Furthermore, as any educated person knows already, depression itself can cause the
PSSD-like symptoms of lower or absent libido, and general anhedonia, but it can not cause
the PSSD symptoms of numb orgasm, numb erection/arousal, and lack of physical pleasure
sensitivity; and the aforementioned PSSD-like symptoms that depression does cause
go away quickly after the depression ceases.
I would be interested by any paper about that. But we are off topic here.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Maxin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:28 am I originally was on a large dose of lexapro (20mg) when I developed all my symptoms. 6 years later I tried taking 0.5 mg which would be considered a micro dose. First, it effected me within an hour. When normally ssri’s take three to 6 weeks to take effect. Second, the dose felt way too strong. So that shows in my case that even after years, my receptors had not healed at all, they were just as lexapro had left them. I could not tolerate even that low of a dose.
This is a micro dose but not a homeopathical dose. Your report in interesting, it is just mislabelled ;)
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Thomas wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:12 am
Maxin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:28 am I originally was on a large dose of lexapro (20mg) when I developed all my symptoms. 6 years later I tried taking 0.5 mg which would be considered a micro dose. First, it effected me within an hour. When normally ssri’s take three to 6 weeks to take effect. Second, the dose felt way too strong. So that shows in my case that even after years, my receptors had not healed at all, they were just as lexapro had left them. I could not tolerate even that low of a dose.
This is a micro dose but not a homeopathical dose. Your report in interesting, it is just mislabelled ;)
I didn’t say it was homeopathic, I specifically said it was a micro dose. I have not tried homeopathic lexapro. I’m just showing that my receptors are incredibly sensitive years after lexapro usage
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

I want to add that 2 Homeopathic remedies have induced STRONG windows for me.

1. Phosphorus 30c
2. Acid Phos 30C

Both of these remedies have brought back sensation, orgasm intensity, helped with my low blood pressure, emotionality and ability to cry properly.

Mechanism of action? UNKNOWN.

Acid phos (Materai medica)
The common acid "debility" is very marked in this remedy, producing a nervous exhaustion. Mental debility first; later physical. A congenial soil for the action of Phos acid is found in young people who grow rapidly, and who are overtaxed, mentally or physically. Whenever the system has been exposed to the ravages of acute disease, excesses, grief, loss of vital fluids, we obtain conditions calling for it. Pyrosis, flatulence, diarrhśa, diabetes, rhachitis and periosteal inflammation. Neurosis in stump, after amputation. Hćmorrhages in typhoid. Useful in relieving pain of cancer.

Phosphorus (Materia Medica):
Mind.--Great lowness of spirits. Easily vexed. Fearfulness, as if something were creeping out of every corner. Clairvoyant state. Great tendency to start. Over-sensitive to external impressions. Loss of memory. Memory. Paralysis of the insane. Ecstasy. Dread of death when alone. Brain feels tired. Insanity, with an exaggerated idea of one's own importance. Excitable, produces heat all over. Restless, fidgety. Hypo-sensitive, indifferent.