Homeopathic SSRI relieve patient symptoms

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Maxin

Homeopathic SSRI relieve patient symptoms

Unread post by Maxin »

Talking with a girl in Facebook that is in a fmt grouo. Apparently her symptoms began from taking Prozac. Apparently her doctor made her a homeopathic formula from the Prozac, and it cured her symptoms. I’m not sure what all her symptoms were, but considering the success of reinstating ultra low doses, this caught my attention.
DrugsAreBad

Re: Homeopathic SSRI relieve patient symptoms

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Maxin wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:23 pm Talking with a girl in Facebook that is in a fmt grouo. Apparently her symptoms began from taking Prozac. Apparently her doctor made her a homeopathic formula from the Prozac, and it cured her symptoms. I’m not sure what all her symptoms were, but considering the success of reinstating ultra low doses, this caught my attention.
So highly diluted prozac?
WeAreTheDead

Unread post by WeAreTheDead »

It isn't the homeopathic effect; the homeopathic effect is pseudoscience.

Fluoxetine (AKA prozac) is the only SRI that can be used at a low dosage to cure PSSD in some cases;
other SRIs don't work that way.

Fluoxetine is unique among SRIs because it is a 5-ht2c antagonist, and can therefore re-sensitize the 5-ht2c
receptor when used at a low dosage. At a higher dosage, its SRI effect overwhelms its 5-ht2c antagonist effect.
SRIs are not "anti-depressants"; they are anti-sexualants.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

the same way we don't understand subatomic particles just because science can't explain sth doesn't mean it doesn't work
garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

Well, one of the most enduring mystery within this community is that some people have recovered/functionally recovered with reinstating/microdosing/low dose SSRIs. Which kinda make the entire theory of genetic damage rather weak, despite being backed by some papers. The other issue is that most people who reinstate see little to no positive changes….

Maxin, do you happen to know what dosage she was on?

I personally want to try low dose/microdose SSRI at some point in my journey.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

garycooper wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:37 pm Well, one of the most enduring mystery within this community is that some people have recovered/functionally recovered with reinstating/microdosing/low dose SSRIs.
[...]
The other issue is that most people who reinstate see little to no positive changes….
Symptoms are similar to those of depression or anxiety, then I don't think it is that surprising psych drugs can help. I am quite convinced some part of my symptoms are psychological, even if I don't feel sad or anxious (I don't feel at all, actually). I am considering reinstating antidepressants, but not SSRIs.
And it is obvious that some (not all) people here are depressed, which could explain all of their symptoms. For them, antidepressants should work, except if they reinstate only few days with the fear of worsening. For the others, it is more complicated.
Which kinda make the entire theory of genetic damage rather weak, despite being backed by some papers.
"genetic damage" is quite different from "epigenetic changes", which is a natural way for the body to adapt.
Last edited by Thomas on Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

WeAreTheDead wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 am the homeopathic effect is pseudoscience.
Lots of studies demonstrated that homeopathic drugs were equivalent to placebo.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

garycooper wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:37 pm Well, one of the most enduring mystery within this community is that some people have recovered/functionally recovered with reinstating/microdosing/low dose SSRIs. Which kinda make the entire theory of genetic damage rather weak, despite being backed by some papers. The other issue is that most people who reinstate see little to no positive changes….

Maxin, do you happen to know what dosage she was on?

I personally want to try low dose/microdose SSRI at some point in my journey.
I don’t. I can reach out again. I know the ssri was Prozac.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Thomas wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:54 am
WeAreTheDead wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 am the homeopathic effect is pseudoscience.
Lots of studies demonstrated that homeopathic drugs were equivalent to placebo.
My dog’s vet was a homeopathic practitioner. The changes I saw with his treatments were profound. And I don’t think placebo works on pets 😉
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

WeAreTheDead wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 am It isn't the homeopathic effect; the homeopathic effect is pseudoscience.

Fluoxetine (AKA prozac) is the only SRI that can be used at a low dosage to cure PSSD in some cases;
other SRIs don't work that way.

Fluoxetine is unique among SRIs because it is a 5-ht2c antagonist, and can therefore re-sensitize the 5-ht2c
receptor when used at a low dosage. At a higher dosage, its SRI effect overwhelms its 5-ht2c antagonist effect.
psychiatry is also pseudoscience if we’re going to argue semantics. The human body is more mysterious than any of us will ever begin to understand. And there is an energetic field that is intangible. Our western way of seeing the body is so ingrained in us that it’s hard to undo. And part of why we are all in the mess to begin with.
As I said below, my pet went to a homeopathic practitioner. And it worked miracles and it definitely changed my perspective. As a pet they cannot work under the power of suggestion nor placebo.