Getting great results from my multivitamins for mood, brain fog and libido, but I’m not sure what does the trick.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
garycooper

Getting great results from my multivitamins for mood, brain fog and libido, but I’m not sure what does the trick.

Unread post by garycooper »

Currently taking Life Extension two-per-day, and actually taking only once capsule every two day, so ¼ of the dose, and I’m feeling much better. Better libido, erection quality, genital sensation, less brain fog, better mood and drive. https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-P ... 274&sr=8-5

The thing is, I’ve taken other methylated B complex before, and never actually felt a real difference. Since I was already taking methylated B12, p5p, Methyl Folate, Zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Magnesium, I have to rule these out. I eat plenty of seaweed so it’s not iodine.

Right off the bat I was thinking it’s the high dose B1 (Thiamine HCL), but not sure. I’m gonna try Subulthiamine soon to see if I get the same results. Could this be selenium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Chromium ?

Just to be clear, I was around 5% of my normal sexual function before taking this; now I must be back at around 25%-35%.
kpavel

Re: Getting great results from my multivitamins for mood, brain fog and libido, but I’m not sure what does the trick.

Unread post by kpavel »

garycooper wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:24 pm Currently taking Life Extension two-per-day, and actually taking only once capsule every two day, so ¼ of the dose, and I’m feeling much better. Better libido, erection quality, genital sensation, less brain fog, better mood and drive. https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-P ... 274&sr=8-5

The thing is, I’ve taken other methylated B complex before, and never actually felt a real difference. Since I was already taking methylated B12, p5p, Methyl Folate, Zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Magnesium, I have to rule these out. I eat plenty of seaweed so it’s not iodine.

Right off the bat I was thinking it’s the high dose B1 (Thiamine HCL), but not sure. I’m gonna try Subulthiamine soon to see if I get the same results. Could this be selenium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Chromium ?

Just to be clear, I was around 5% of my normal sexual function before taking this; now I must be back at around 25%-35%.
In my exprerience I associate 'true' increases in sensation with pyridoxal phosphate (sublinqual) and selenium (200-400 mcg), alpha lipoic acid is interesting.
fellow1

Re: Getting great results from my multivitamins for mood, brain fog and libido, but I’m not sure what does the trick.

Unread post by fellow1 »

same here , i am taking wellman skin formula (it includes multivitamins/minerals, some collagen etc..). it improves ED and libido more than any androgenic herbs. i am also puzzled with a question, what exactly in this formula is so potent, to improve my symptoms to such noticeable degree.

garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

kpavel wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:34 pm
garycooper wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:24 pm Currently taking Life Extension two-per-day, and actually taking only once capsule every two day, so ¼ of the dose, and I’m feeling much better. Better libido, erection quality, genital sensation, less brain fog, better mood and drive. https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-P ... 274&sr=8-5

In my exprerience I associate 'true' increases in sensation with pyridoxal phosphate (sublinqual) and selenium (200-400 mcg), alpha lipoic acid is interesting.
Well, its is possible to use B6 vitamin to lower prolactin levels. However, after reading about Vitamin B6 poisoning I'm now rather cautious with that. There are dreadful tries on Reddit of people who got that from supplements; apparently as low as 20mg per day. But p5p appears safer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megavitamin-B6_syndrome
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

garycooper wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:40 pm Well, its is possible to use B6 vitamin to lower prolactin levels. However, after reading about Vitamin B6 poisoning I'm now rather cautious with that. There are dreadful tries on Reddit of people who got that from supplements; apparently as low as 20mg per day. But p5p appears safer.

Sure. Pyridoxine may bring tingling. Pyridoxal kinase converts it to p5p. The last one also can bring side effects. But I undeniably saw more erotic dreams with it recently and in the past I had more arousal and sensation. P5p is also very important to remove toxic aldehydes which can appear not only from alcohol as I have learnt. It also is an enzyme for many neurotransmitters and in kynurenic acid (from tryptophan) cycle.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

garycooper wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:40 pm

Well, its is possible to use B6 vitamin to lower prolactin levels. However, after reading about Vitamin B6 poisoning I'm now rather cautious with that. There are dreadful tries on Reddit of people who got that from supplements; apparently as low as 20mg per day. But p5p appears safer.

tried p5p, makes me drowsy and sleepy. low energy.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

fellow1 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:31 am

I also see carotenoids, lycopene namely, yours double to gary's.
And it reduces androgen signaling etc.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

kpavel wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:28 am
fellow1 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:31 am

I also see carotenoids, lycopene namely, yours double to gary's.
And it reduces androgen signaling etc.
But its such miserable amount anyway isnt it ?
I finished my multivitamins and will try now one that gary is using.
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Hey mate.. is this supp still helping you 25-35% with sensation?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Hi is it still helping?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)