CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Brooks

Re: CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Unread post by Brooks »

I have read this study a dozen times or so this past year, it is a good one, thank you for sending.
Brooks

Re: CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Unread post by Brooks »

cdraham wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:58 pm Did you ever have anhedonia? Did it go away?
Yes and Yes. Please be careful messing with probiotics, although I may have reversed PSSD for awhile there using them there is always the possibility that my eventual overuse of them is what has caused my current condition. Overuse of probiotics can cause conditions like Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth ("SIBO") and D-Lactic Acidosis.
Truskawa

Unread post by Truskawa »

I tried probiotics and colostrum in the past. It had no effect on me, sadly.
But I would love to experiment with something new and check if it helps.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Brooks wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:19 pm
cdraham wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:58 pm Did you ever have anhedonia? Did it go away?
Yes and Yes. Please be careful messing with probiotics, although I may have reversed PSSD for awhile there using them there is always the possibility that my eventual overuse of them is what has caused my current condition. Overuse of probiotics can cause conditions like Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth ("SIBO") and D-Lactic Acidosis.
Ok. Did you ever get head pressure and fatigue too?
R3m3dy

Unread post by R3m3dy »

Hey man, given your situation of lack of livability with a worsened condition I don't want to speculate on what you mean by God calling you home, but before he does have you considered trying other things? I know you have your set of theories. I don't know if you've attempted the hormonal route or not yet but if you haven't that might be worth exhausting before you go as that route has helped an awful lot of sufferers before. At the end of the day without randomized testing the hormonal route is just n=1, anecdotes, and speculation, just like your theory.

There are other options that could possibly help your cognition as well. I have had an an extreme, experimental regimen I've wanted to try for a long time but lacked the resources to do so until recently that I now have the means to begin. It is best to exhaust all options rather than pigeonholing yourself with one theory.

I know you acknowledge this, but at multiple points throughout PSSD history many people have believed that they have found "the" underlying pathophysiology but they have never been correct. That is not to say you are not, but the odds are not in your favor, and you may find something completely different from what you expect helping you. Or, who knows - maybe your theory is correct, but other treatments that have helped people, that you would consider completely unrelated to your theory, could unexpectedly help you through a yet unknown mechanism.

I wish you strength and nothing but the best.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

welcome Brooks, have you taken a look into sodium benzoate?? also what you think about this regimen?

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads ... der.83371/
Enigmatic

Unread post by Enigmatic »

Brooks wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:32 pm
Janie wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:43 am I think you may had a crash and worsening that many people with PSSD experience at some point. Do you know what triggered it? Just stress from the exam or did you take anything new by that time? Is it possible to test hiperammonemia? How do you have a proof of that condition? I hear what you are saying, but with this condition it is extremely hard to be positive in my experience.
OBJECTION! compound question LOL sorry lawyer humor. I will address your questions in order:
(1) There were two (2) changes that transpired during the relevant period of the change (a) change of living environment as I moved home from law school; and (b) I significantly changed up the probiotics I was taking and I used a combination of weird brands and strains and significantly overused them during exam prep. I had a love-hate relationship with the company I was buying them from originally so I tried to combine various probiotic supplements to cover all the strains in the one I discontinued
(2) Yes, you can test for hyperammonemia, there is both plasma and arterial ammonia that can be tested. But remember, ammonia levels fluctuate throughout the day so it is best to have it tested several times during the same week. Talk to your medical provider to see if s/he is willing to test this for you.
(3) The proof I have is what I referenced in my original post, I have a pervasive case of treatment-resistant hyperammonemia and I was able to verify my ARG-2 theory by having a genetic test for that specific gene.
(4) I understand it is hard to remain positive, and I was where you are at a point and time not long ago. It is my hope that this theory turns out correct and you can get your life back. And even if this theory is not correct, I still hope you can find the positive
Hi Brooks, I was hoping you could clarify a few questions I had after reading through your posts:

1. You mentioned different using various brands and strains of probiotics in varying dosages. What brands, strains, and dosages were you using?
2. You have alluded to the fact that taking these probiotics resolved your cognitive side effects but were also eventually a catalyst for worsening of symptoms? Do you attribute this to a change in the brands, strains, or dosages?
3. You mentioned that the probiotics solved your cognitive issues, albeit temporarily; did they have any effect on sexual side effects?
4. You have mentioned that the overuse of these probiotics may have contributed to the worsening of current symptoms even though the crux of your theory pertains to a genetic defect in ammonia processing in the body, how do you view these things as being linked since the same genetic defect would have been in play during your period a cognitive recovery?

Any insight to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated, I have been taking probiotics for many years and have recently begun to ramp up on different strains dosages etc. and have been seriously considering FMT very soon. I believe that the microbiome does hold major promise as treatments for some of these side effects, but do not want to throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak.