SPIRULINA Is Psychoactive

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ErgogenicHealth

SPIRULINA Is Psychoactive

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Hey guys,

I recently started taking Spirulina and am rather shocked at how energetic and strong the libido effects are.
This is day 5 now back to back, and it has certainly been making my libido go through the roof. I feel like it is dopaminergic or something.

I found this research:
A significant decline in 5-HT (Serotonin) (21.7%) was obtained, while Dopamine and noradrenaline were increased by 16.4% and 9.5% respectively. Meanwhile, a significant reduction of the Ach concentration was recorded in the hippocampus of the treated group (25.1%). - https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9115000696

CHeckout what some other people are saying:

Spirulina turns me into Superman. Need some sound scientific advice.
I already posted this in a noopept related thread but the morning after I felt it would actually be better to place it here seeing as it might get some more attention of the right people.

I have been combining noopept with the uridine stack lately. Seeing as I don't have any pure uridine available to me at the moment I had to improvise and purchase some spirulina from the health-shop; the stuff contains about 5% uridine and is chock-full of other essential phytonutrients not to mention one of the most bio-available sources of protein known to man. I combine this with krill omega 3 and some pretty potent vitamin e.

Now I have been having the most absurd interaction and for the life of me I cannot figure out what is going on but it's pretty damn awesome. First of all let me tell you my thirst and hunger have grown to legendary viking proportions, eating healthy meals twice the size I would normally eat and drinking between 4-6 liters water in a day. All the water just flushes right though me and if I don't get the water or the food I need I can feel the nootropic effects of both fading until I either get a numb head ache or feel like I would usually do without taking anything. The thirst can be a slight bother however because it has gotten to the point where I need to have at least two glasses every hour or risk getting dried out lips and feeling an uncomfortable sensation somewhere around the left of my diaphragm.

Now for the positives of this combo. My skin has gone so healthy smooth like a babies skin; reaaally amazed me how unblemished it was and this happened very rapidly within just 3 days of starting on this combination. My Keratosis Pilaris seems to be clearing up too, but it's going to take at least another week to tell if it's going to go into some form of full remission (I did not even know this was possible??). Whereas before I was dosing 10mg twice a day on the noopept, this has now become overkill and I find that if I take 6 grams of spirulina throughout the day, then I will only need 10mg in the morning around 8 or 9 am whith effects lasting me well into the night. The fat distribution on my body has changed dramatically. I have always been a skinny guy with quite a bit of fat on my thighs this is not the case anymore; the layer of fat on my thighs can't be thicker then a centimeter or two anymore. And I'm also losing weight (about 2kgs in the past week), but I'm guessing it's just fat cause I'm not getting any weaker at all, in fact my endurance and strength have been radically increasing. Also Strangely enough my resistance to extreme heat is getting epic, I can literally toss meat and potatoes around in the pan with my bare hands without getting burned (WTF?). My eye bags have completely dissipated. And I'm sure there's a few others I just can't think of listing right now.

I think it might be smart to reduce the total daily spirulina dose from 6g to 3g. I base this on the fact that the stimulant effects seem to be growing stronger and stronger every day, today I almost felt like I was on a perpetual amphetamine high that just did not have a crash or comedown besides it subsiding without the necessary caloric intake and hydration.

Anybody have a clue dafuq is going on in my body; whether it's actually healthy or if I'm going to be cutting my life-time in half by sending my body into this sort of super-drive? Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and trying to understand this peculiar case, I know I can't make heads or tails of it :)

Another Thread
Why is spirulina so good for my mood?
Whenever I take it my mood noticeably improves shortly after. Is it because of some other deficiency? How can I sustain the effect? Is this disgusting bog water some mood miracle?
ErgogenicHealth

Re: SPIRULINA Is Psychoactive

Another study:
Blueberry- and spirulina-enriched diets enhance striatal dopamine recovery and induce a rapid, transient microglia activation after injury of the rat nigrostriatal dopamine system
ErgogenicHealth

The results showed that Spirulina (200 mg/kg) was just as effective as caffeine (10 mg/kg) in suppressing the
exercise-induced increase of serotonin level in the caudate putamen. https://sci-hub.do/https://doi.org/10.1039/c9fo02804h
ErgogenicHealth

Spirulina increases the mRNA expression of the 5-HT1B receptor!!! - The present data revealed that polysaccharide from Spirulina platensis (PSP)
treatment significantly promoted physical performance, increased Hb levels and decreased LA, BUN and CK levels in the blood and inhibited the exercise-induced synthesis of 5-HT and TPH2 protein expression and improved 5-HT1B protein expression in the caudate putamen.

While the majority of anxiety and depression-related research has focused on the 5-HT1A receptor, the 5-HT1B
receptor has a lesser known role in modulating emotional behavior. 5-HT1B receptors are inhibitory GPCRs located on the presynaptic
terminal of both serotonin and non-serotonin neurons, where they act to inhibit neurotransmitter release. The autoreceptor population
located on the axon terminals of 5-HT neurons is a difficult population to study due to their diffuse localization throughout the brain that
overlaps with 5-HT1B heteroreceptors (receptors located on non-serotonergic neurons). In order to study the contribution of 5-HT1B
autoreceptors to anxiety and depression-related behaviors, we developed a genetic mouse model that allows for selective ablation of
5-HT1B autoreceptors. Mice lacking 5-HT1B autoreceptors displayed the expected increases in extracellular serotonin levels in the ventral
hippocampus following administration of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. In behavioral studies, they displayed decreased anxietylike behavior in the open field and antidepressant-like effects in the forced swim and sucrose preference tests. These results suggest that
strategies aimed at blocking 5-HT1B autoreceptors may be useful for the treatment of anxiety and depression
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

ok, cool, but you dont have pssd erogenic health and in your blog you recommend people to take trazodone, thx, bye.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Naczoz wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:59 am ok, cool, but you dont have pssd erogenic health and in your blog you recommend people to take trazodone, thx, bye.
Keep in mind that At some point it will become easier for me to delete your account rather than the childish posts you make to trigger drama
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

Drama? You call adviseing people to take trazodone for pssd a drama? My post is all true, that guy does no have pssd and he offered trazodone as a treatment of pssd on his webside. (along many other toxic stuff).
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

I keep repeating myself it seems, i dont care if you disagree with his suggestions, stop trolling his posts here.
He doesnt offer any medical advice in this thread.
For now, enjoy your time-out
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Naczoz wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:20 am Drama? You call adviseing people to take trazodone for pssd a drama? My post is all true, that guy does no have pssd and he offered trazodone as a treatment of pssd on his webside. (along many other toxic stuff).
Trazodone is a sensible option for treating PSSD. Almost all sexual side effects of SSRIs are linked to the 5HT2A (and other 5HT2) receptors, and trazodone is a potent antagonist of 5HT2A. I have seen substantial benefits from it. It won't work for everyone and theres probably increased risk due to targeting that receptor. But its not an unreasonable treatment option and certainly isn't toxic.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:05 am Hey guys,

I recently started taking Spirulina and am rather shocked at how energetic and strong the libido effects are.
This is day 5 now back to back, and it has certainly been making my libido go through the roof. I feel like it is dopaminergic or something.
I have to ask for more details. Is it improving any other aspect than libido?

The bit about 5HT1B upregulation is sweet, but I wonder if the effect is limited to the caudate putamen only. There isn't much research done on Spirulina. Interesting nonetheless.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here