Water fasting for 14 days (for anhedonia and post COVID-19 syndrome)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Meso

Water fasting for 14 days (for anhedonia and post COVID-19 syndrome)

Unread post by Meso »

Anhedonia, depression and blunted affect remain to be the symptoms left of my PSSD. I'm using Baclofen and, soon, Fasoracetam for these symptoms. That said, I'm not doing this fast to cure these symptoms although that would be a positive outcome. I'm more doing it to cure post-COVID 19 syndrome, which consists of extreme mental and physical fatigue (nearly bed-ridden) and brain fog.

β-hydroxybutyrate inhibit class I HDACs, so it's nature's answer to demethylation. Water fasting also alters the microbiome heavily and COVID-19 is known to affect the microbiome so maybe this fast would help with curing that. I'm currently preparing for the water fast. Today I'm avoiding all fruits and sugars. I will be eating veggies mix soup only daily, until the sugar/fruit cravings are gone. Then, I'll drop the veggies altogether except for cucumbers. After that, I'm dropping the cucumbers and begin the water fast.

During the water fasting, I'll take a multivitamin/minerals as well as sodium and potassium supplements. I'll document my journey here.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Troskie

Re: Water fasting for 14 days (for anhedonia and post COVID-19 syndrome)

Unread post by Troskie »

I also suffer with general Anhedonia and anxiety/depression. After SSRI's without question my sexuality had been diminished in a way it never was prior, but also the general anhedonia with anxiety/depression have been worse. Prior to SSRI I never had anhedonia. The only thing that makes me really enjoy things is adderall, and it's short lived and not something I want to do regularly. I'm convinced dopamine is a major piece of the puzzle, for me anyways. When I take adderall, music... sex... just talking with people, is all vastly more enjoyable. I actually want to DO things, Colors look more vivid. Its literally like a switch in my brain has been clicked.

I am doing keto since jan 1 this year without cheating (actually I did cheat 3 days last week on vacation after going ~130 days, but i'm 100% committed again). I was motivated by hearing the story of this guy Ozeph: https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/about- ... tion/41143. He took finasteride for hair loss and had similar symptoms to pssd, which he claims were cured by him giving up carbs and doing fasts. I did a period of 28 days where I ate nothing but steaks in march. I try to do ~3 day fasts over some weekends, so far i've done a couple. So far, i've had little to no improvement sexually .... but I have lost weight and am in much better shape at least. I plan to continue the keto/carnivore diet with fasts for a while to continue evaluating this approach for demethylation.

I'm interested in the results of your prolonged fast (14 days +). BTW keto/carnivore for a couple months first may help you fast longer, as your body will be efficient at using fat as a fuel source and you won't be as hungry / have more energy.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Troskie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:36 pm I did a period of 28 days where I ate nothing but steaks in march.
This is far from keto diet. Keto diet is basically remplacing carbs by fat (without increasing proteins). 75% of your energy would come from fat, 20% from proteins, 5% from carbs.
With carnivore diet, energy intake is approx. 70% from proteins and 30% from fat. Your body will then transform proteins into carbs, so it is as if you were eating carbs.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

Thomas wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:51 am This is far from keto diet. Keto diet is basically remplacing carbs by fat (without increasing proteins). 75% of your energy would come from fat, 20% from proteins, 5% from carbs.
With carnivore diet, energy intake is approx. 70% from proteins and 30% from fat. Your body will then transform proteins into carbs, so it is as if you were eating carbs.
I ate only Ribeye. by calorie count 200 out of every 280 calories was fat, approx 70%.

Now on regular keto I eat literally every day: bacon egg cheese omelette with brusslesprouts for lunch and either (1 lb 80/20 beef with cheese and broccol .... or 1lb salmon with spinache) for dinner. I was doing this for a while without the veg but decided to try eating a good amount of green veg a day, still under 20g carbs.
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

Meso wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:17 pm Water fasting also alters the microbiome heavily and COVID-19 is known to affect the microbiome so maybe this fast would help with curing that.
my libido went up when covid-19 hit me
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I started limiting my diet to cucumbers and mixed veggies soup. I'm not feeling cravings for carbs anymore and I feel well. Hunger won't be the problem I'm going to face, it's the feeling of muscle weakness and more fatigue that I have to deal with while water fasting. It's probably a good idea that I go into ketosis for 2 months like Thomas suggested, but I don't have that kind of time.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I ditched the mixed veggies soup. I have been eating cucumbers-only for 2 days now. It's doable but I don't know how to transition to the zero-food stage. It's gonna be difficult. I'll stay on cucumbers for a week or so.
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

Meso wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:48 pm I ditched the mixed veggies soup. I have been eating cucumbers-only for 2 days now. It's doable but I don't know how to transition to the zero-food stage. It's gonna be difficult. I'll stay on cucumbers for a week or so.
Have you tried chelation (binding metal ions) for cleaning out old medication residues and brain receptors? DMSA, EDTA, alpha lipoic acod (careful start low). Ive also heard that some meds stay in your body for decades unless you sweat them out. I did a week water fast in college, it was intense. I cooked low carb veggies and then tossed the veggies and drank the juice over 7 days.

You think your issues are caused by damage or epigenetic changes? My bro got PSSD a couple years ago and just opened up about it

-Charlie
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Yes, I think the changes are epigenetic in nature. I don't think I'm permanently damaged. At least I recovered some functions.

I finished 7 days and food reintroduction. I don't feel anything yet but I should start feeling the effects over the next month. If I feel nothing, I'll do another 7 days of this.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Would you guys have any clue why ever since lexapro one of my pupils is much larger than the other? Some days it’s super obvious. Started while I was on the Med and it never went away.