Improvement and suggestions.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
NootropicKnight

Improvement and suggestions.

Unread post by NootropicKnight »

Hi all been a while since I've been here. However I have recently had some improvements with the PSSD situation sine starting medication this year.

I started Wellbutrin (Bupropion) back in march starting at 150mg and up to 300mg later on (tried 450mg but may hvae ben to soon, was too anxious) with the bupropion I've, been having better orgasms' than usual.
I can actually feel when I ejac and feel the pleasure from having one.

recently ive been put on Buspar. From this combination i have had some sensation returned and size return to my penis.

I am up to 30mg on the Buspar but noticed the effects from 5mg after about 2 weeks from starting. I am gonna wiat 3months (basically the summer) to see if any further improvements happen.

My life over all has improved. I feel like i am missing one "key" to full start my system, id say im about 75% recovered but am still missing some sensation and libido (could be because gyms are closed)

i was curious if anyone had any recommendations thought about Trintellix but am unsure. Thanks all ill answer any questions. I am so close to being fixed i cant believe it.
Thomas

Re: Improvement and suggestions.

Unread post by Thomas »

Could you please explain which symptoms you had and which improved when?
If you are 75% recovered, I would not risk taking another drug and would wait and see if these improvements stick.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

NootropicKnight wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:15 pm Hi all been a while since I've been here. However I have recently had some improvements with the PSSD situation sine starting medication this year.

I started Wellbutrin (Bupropion) back in march starting at 150mg and up to 300mg later on (tried 450mg but may hvae ben to soon, was too anxious) with the bupropion I've, been having better orgasms' than usual.
I can actually feel when I ejac and feel the pleasure from having one.

recently ive been put on Buspar. From this combination i have had some sensation returned and size return to my penis.

I am up to 30mg on the Buspar but noticed the effects from 5mg after about 2 weeks from starting. I am gonna wiat 3months (basically the summer) to see if any further improvements happen.

My life over all has improved. I feel like i am missing one "key" to full start my system, id say im about 75% recovered but am still missing some sensation and libido (could be because gyms are closed)

i was curious if anyone had any recommendations thought about Trintellix but am unsure. Thanks all ill answer any questions. I am so close to being fixed i cant believe it.
You just started to see improvements, It is better to wait as long as you can. You said you are so close to being fixed, instead of being fooled by chasing "100%" , enjoy what you have today, it's way better than 0%. :roll:
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
NootropicKnight

Thomas wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:42 pm Could you please explain which symptoms you had and which improved when?
If you are 75% recovered, I would not risk taking another drug and would wait and see if these improvements stick.
Hi Thomas, I’ll start by briefly explaining my story.

March 2018 depressive episode which I thought was severe depression. Went on Lexapro. Week felt great on it nothing wrong. Went to sleep with my FWBs at the time and that’s when it all started. Achieved your reaction like normal then instantly lost it.

Next day I was so emotional exhausted. I couldn’t feel anything no sadness no joy nothing. Along with that I lost all feeling in my genitals and I started to develop problems urinating and dedicating. I felt like a Ken doll.

Went on for months then in October I had some semblance of feeling return and could go to the bathroom better. I could achieve an erection is physically stimulated but so psychogenic erections or morning wood. Very little sensation returned. Only the left side of my dick could feel remotely anything. However the feeling of it being attached to my body returned a little bit.

Over the course of this time I was trying different meds but hopping off them way to soon I was an emotionally wreck. I had relationships during these times or FWBs as I could still get hard of physical stimulated (mainly kissing) but other than that I couldn’t feel and struggled to orgasm and even if I did I couldn’t feel pleasure from it, but for my partners it was no problem for them.

Onward I would continue to see improvements around October each year. Very small but still improvements

I started to have suicidal thoughts and become very depressed because of covid (really it probably just propelled the issue) and tried CBD in January of this year. I found CBD made me more anxious and I would worry constantly about my current GF leaving me for no reason. It was after CBD that I decided to try Wellbutrin 150mg.

The Wellbutrin helped a lot I noticed I was sharper mind and that the voice inside my head telling me to kill myself was gone. Along with this my orgasms began to feel better. I am now on 300mg of Wellbutrin and the orgasms are stronger and I can feel when I ejac now. Sometimes it’s not great but it’s better than nothing at all.

Instead April I decided to add Buspar to the mix. After about 2 weeks I noticed size in my penis return (I always thought it liked smaller after i took lexapro) the absent feelings in my penis are starting to feel more like a “numb” where you can subtly feel it as if it’s returning. I went from 5mg of buspar to 30mg each time I’ve increased it I’ve seen better results however I’m starting to get nasty headaches about an hour and half after taking my doses but it fades away within an hour. I’m hoping I see progress throughout the summer. Just thought I’d share as I’ve been a lurker here when I’ve been down and out hoping to find something and now that I have I wanted to share it all with you.

Thanks

NK
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

Trying to figure how to delete a post...
Last edited by MisterCharlie on Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

NootropicKnight wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:42 am
Thomas wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:42 pm Could you please explain which symptoms you had and which improved when?
Hi Thomas, I’ll start by briefly explaining my story.
NK
Any science articles that made you try the Wellbutrin/Buspar combo for PSSD? Anyone else that you know that has tried that combo and did well on it?

-Looking into Wellbutrin, I found this: https://academic.oup.com/ijnp/article/20/6/455/3065929 . Wellbutrin increases Resting-State Functional Connectivity in Dorso-Medial Prefrontal Cortex.

-Looking into Buspar I found this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4238252/ Buspar increases spatial learning after brain injury

-Imipramine (Tofranil) could be your next step? https://www.livescience.com/13800-antid ... njury.html imipramine treatment leads to more brain cells after traumatic brain injury
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

MisterCharlie wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:38 am Any science articles that made you try the Wellbutrin/Buspar combo for PSSD? Anyone else that you know that has tried that combo and did well on it?
Both increase dopamine signaling and therefore are an "obvious" option for PSSD, even if positive results are quite uncommon.
Besides, if you suffer from anxiety, like NootropicKnight seems to have, buspirone is a good option.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
NootropicKnight

Thomas wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:45 am
MisterCharlie wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:38 am Any science articles that made you try the Wellbutrin/Buspar combo for PSSD? Anyone else that you know that has tried that combo and did well on it?
Both increase dopamine signaling and therefore are an "obvious" option for PSSD, even if positive results are quite uncommon.
Besides, if you suffer from anxiety, like NootropicKnight seems to have, buspirone is a good option.
I’m thinking about trying mirtazipine or trazadone because of the 5-ht2c antagonism
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Why would you change your mix if you have positive results with it? Don’t overthink the drugs you take.
NootropicKnight

Thomas wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:17 pm Why would you change your mix if you have positive results with it? Don’t overthink the drugs you take.
Sorry, I meant I will be adding it on. It’s quite clear that there are still some issues such as genital anesthesia and it all started with SSRI lexapro. So far 2 have worked for different areas, Wellbutrin for orgasm and buspar for libido and some sensation returning but very mild. Hoping adding mirtazipine will help with the last bit aswell with my anxiety.