Hopeless and depressed

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
TOM_30

Re: Hopeless and depressed

Unread post by TOM_30 »

finities infinities wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:29 pm If it says ,,yes" then you have a desensitized 5ht1a autoreceptor.
I’m not fimiliar with that I admit. Looks like you guys more fimiliar with the professional terms and meds. I can only say things got even worst in my last rogue year, especially after talking a week and a half the Brintellix , now I totally impotent.

But I’m glad I’ve discovered this forum and you guys, no one here in my country gave me hope and your stories and suggestions gave me a little bit hope.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

Brintellix is 5ht1a agonist. 5ht1a receptors activation induce sexual desire and reduce empathy.
Chronic intakke 5ht1a agonist downregulate this receptor more and worsen PSSD symptoms.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

TOM_30 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:17 pm
guacamo wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:44 pm
TOM_30 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:54 am Guys i have an update, i’m really nervous and stressed out, I told the doctor about the brintlix horrible side effects and he just ignored me and told me to continue to take it !! I’ve stopped by myself 2 days ago, after a week and a half talking it. The problems still continue, i have no sex drive at all , i can’t fill orgasem and I can’t get eraction in any way!! Is there a period of time that the pills is still in the blood and things can still be better? Or is that is permanent? 😢
It's unlikely that buspirone made things worse. Possibly what u experience is just a chemical rebound. Give it time and hopefully u will come back to the previous state. Buspirone has short half life however it metabolizes in the liver to pyrimidinylpiperazine which has higher plasma level than buspirone and longer half life.
Hi, this is a mistake, I didn’t took Buspirone, I took Brintellix , i wish I would have taken Buspirone like i wanted in the first place. Buspirone Should improve sex not the opposite.
My bad, i somehow mistook brintillex as generic of buspirone. Regarding vortioxetine - it has half life of about 66 hours(it takes 66 hours to reduce plasma level of vortioxetine by half). If you want to know when medication will leave your body, you take half life and multiply it by 5. So we take mean half life of 66 hours multiplied by 5 it gives 330 hours which is about 13 days. So vortioxetine is still in your body and will be for about 10 days, after this time side effects should subside. It is very unlikely that what you experience is some sort of damage or change in protein expression. It is just classical side effects of SERT inhibition. Mood disturbances during this time will be normal and nothing to worry about.
Last edited by guacamo on Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOM_30

Unread post by TOM_30 »

finities infinities wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:34 pm Brintellix is 5ht1a agonist. 5ht1a receptors activation induce sexual desire and reduce empathy.
Chronic intakke 5ht1a agonist downregulate this receptor more and worsen PSSD symptoms.
Yes i made a mistake that i took it. from now on i'm not listening to any doctor here without consulting you guys first. hopefully i didn't make a irreversible damage.

It's seems that I need a really specific unique cocktail of drugs for all of my conditions
TOM_30

Unread post by TOM_30 »

guacamo wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:50 pm
TOM_30 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:17 pm
guacamo wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:44 pm

It's unlikely that buspirone made things worse. Possibly what u experience is just a chemical rebound. Give it time and hopefully u will come back to the previous state. Buspirone has short half life however it metabolizes in the liver to pyrimidinylpiperazine which has higher plasma level than buspirone and longer half life.
Hi, this is a mistake, I didn’t took Buspirone, I took Brintellix , i wish I would have taken Buspirone like i wanted in the first place. Buspirone Should improve sex not the opposite.
My bad, i somehow mistook brintillex as generic of buspirone. Regarding vortioxetine - it has half life of about 66 hours. If you want to know when medication will leave your body, you take half life and multiply it by 5. So we take mean half life of 66 hours multiplied by 5 it gives 330 hours which is about 13 days. So vortioxetine is still in your body and will be for about 10 days, after this time side effects should subside. It is very unlikely that what you experience is some sort of damage or change in protein expression. It is just classical side effects of SERT inhibition. Mood disturbances during this time will be normal and nothing to worry about.

Thank you very much for that ! you really calm me a bit. ill keep updating.

https://pssdlab.wordpress.com/what-weve-tried/

This is the most updated list correct? nothing more to add? i want to bring the full list to the doctor.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

I do not want to sound negative but i would not rely on your physician to cure PSSD. If you are concerned about what psychiatric medication could help, people comment about amphetamines allievating PSSD symptoms. Adderal, bupropion, other stimulants like methylphenidate, there were few cases where dopamine agonists that are used to treat parkinsonism like ropinirole or pramipexole helped too(consider the fact that taking dopamine agonists is not a safe procedure, it may result in permanent alteration in dopamine transmission called DAWS and it is very common, in opposition to PSSD which is very rare disease), but if you have anxiety disorder be careful because all of them may excerbate these symptoms. They may provide relief as long as you take them but they are not the cure. What actually cured people had serotonergic properties, but how they interact and what common compontent in them may play a part in recovery is still an enigma.
Last edited by guacamo on Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finities infinities

A 5ht1a antagonist would be ideal. I think here is the biggest problem. After the first dose of brintellix, did you feel a temporary increase in sexual arousal and a blunted empathy?
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

I would not touch 5-HT1A at all, people with PSSD have paradoxical reactions to substances with 5-HT1A affinity. It may produce relief or put you in even stronger depression. I would not mess with that. There are no stories of 5-HT1A antagonists curing anybody, which likely should happen within the margin of the most prevalent theory about 5-HT1A autoreceptor downregulation.
finities infinities

Because there are no good 5ht1a antagonists. There is only propranolol and CBG and their antagonism is a weak addition.
TOM_30

Unread post by TOM_30 »

guacamo wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:12 pm I do not want to sound negative but i would not rely on your physician to cure PSSD. If you are concerned about what psychiatric medication could help, people comment about amphetamines allievating PSSD symptoms. Adderal, bupropion, other stimulants like methylphenidate, there were few cases where dopamine agonists that are used to treat parkinsonism like ropinirole or pramipexole helped too(consider the fact that taking dopamine agonists is not a safe procedure, it may result in permanent alteration in dopamine transmission called DAWS and it is very common, in opposition to PSSD which is very rare disease), but if you have anxiety disorder be careful because all of them may excerbate these symptoms. They may provide relief as long as you take them but they are not the cure. What actually cured people had serotonergic properties, but how they interact and what common compontent in them may play a part in recovery is still an enigma.
That is fine i don't trust any doctor in my county to cure me. They are all usles. I'm using him only for the prescriptions from now on, based on your recommendations.

I did try Adderal, ritalin and cetra for my ADHD, It was horrible, i had serious side effects and i stopped it very fast. My previous psychiatrist which is american by the way, told me she think Bupropion will be bad for me because of my anxiety. So yeah things are complicated, but i'm not giving up. Thanks to you guys. I just need more directing and guiding for choosing the right treatment for me, which absurdly, the doctors cant do.

Is there a specifc doctor in the USA or somewhere else that specialize in PSSD? maybe i'll just contact him and get a online treatment, if that's even possible.