has anyone tried hydrocortisone?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
pssdperson

has anyone tried hydrocortisone?

Unread post by pssdperson »

Since the onset of pssd I have low cortisol low blood pressure low thyroid function low metabolism low energy etc etc I suspect low cortisol is one of the main reasons I struggle with this symptoms and I was wondering if anyone here has experienced with hydrocortisone or something else to raise cortisol
Twentyoneguns

Re: has anyone tried hydrocortisone?

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Please see my post regarding my crash due to using Timodine cream, which contains Hydrocortisone (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4194&p=39309&hilit=timodine#p39309) ....My cortisol was 513 nmol/L (sample taken at 9am) some months later, which I think is high.
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
pssdperson

Twentyoneguns wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:25 am Please see my post regarding my crash due to using Timodine cream, which contains Hydrocortisone (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4194&p=39309&hilit=timodine#p39309) ....My cortisol was 513 nmol/L (sample taken at 9am) some months later, which I think is high.
Is it possible that your crash happened cause you already had normal or even high cortisol levels? I have low cortisol levels
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Hydrocortisone mediates voltage-dependent L-type Ca2+ channel expression, the same channel that is inhibited by SSRIs. It also does affect SERT, but i don't know in what manner. The result of this experiment i think is unpredictable. We won't know untill you try.
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

guacamo wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:15 pm Hydrocortisone mediates voltage-dependent L-type Ca2+ channel expression, the same channel that is inhibited by SSRIs. It also does affect SERT, but i don't know in what manner. The result of this experiment i think is unpredictable. We won't know untill you try.
The answer might be obvious here, but are you referring to the oral form of this drug only? Or would the cream be able to accomplish this as well?
Twentyoneguns

pssdperson wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:03 pm
Twentyoneguns wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:25 am Please see my post regarding my crash due to using Timodine cream, which contains Hydrocortisone (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4194&p=39309&hilit=timodine#p39309) ....My cortisol was 513 nmol/L (sample taken at 9am) some months later, which I think is high.
Is it possible that your crash happened cause you already had normal or even high cortisol levels? I have low cortisol levels
Good question, unfortunately I don't have any cortisol level results prior to my crash.

I also had an under active thyroid problem for which I took Levothyroxine ....this crashed me irreversibly too. Maybe I'm just ultra sensitive.

Please take this seriously, this hydrocortisone cream crash continues to worsen my condition nearly a year later.

Last edited by Twentyoneguns on Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

ryjoseph97 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:45 am
guacamo wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:15 pm Hydrocortisone mediates voltage-dependent L-type Ca2+ channel expression, the same channel that is inhibited by SSRIs. It also does affect SERT, but i don't know in what manner. The result of this experiment i think is unpredictable. We won't know untill you try.
The answer might be obvious here, but are you referring to the oral form of this drug only? Or would the cream be able to accomplish this as well?
Sadly there are no obvious things here, the fact that they inhibit the same channel does not tell us much. I would very much like it to be the truth, things would be much simpler.
pssdperson

Twentyoneguns wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:28 am
pssdperson wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:03 pm
Good question, unfortunately I don't have any cortisol level results prior to my crash.

I also had an under active thyroid problem for which I took Levothyroxine ....this crashed me irreversibly too. Maybe I'm just ultra sensitive.

Please take this seriously, this hydrocortisone cream crash continues to worsen my condition nearly a year later.

I'm sorry about that :/ may I ask which of your symptoms worsen after the crash?
Twentyoneguns

Hi
The aspects which have continued to worsen after my Timodine crash August 2020 are:
Fatigue worsened in steps, now stable but bad.
Depression and suicidal ideation, although slightly improving recently
Tinnitus, much more intrusive
Insomnia much worse
Pelvic pain steadily increased, some relief recently but still worse than baseline
Nocturnal/morning wood patchy at best
Libido on a downward slope, attractive females…no reaction
Numbness on the underside of penis started after about 6 months
Fap frequency declining
Sex frequency declining
Progressively more difficult to get erection
Erection quality vary variable
Joint pain (fingers, wrists and knees) in the last month…..hoping to god this isn’t RA.
Sweating forehead, but no fever.
Headaches of a new type more frequent/severe
So…pretty crap as you can see….Seven days of topical mild hydrocortisone cream.
Male