SSRI/SNRI low dosis plus Bupropion

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
narigator

SSRI/SNRI low dosis plus Bupropion

Unread post by narigator »

I have had PSSD for 5 years and the only thing that gave me 90% recovery for months was the combination of Low Dose SSRI/SNRI + Bupropion (150mg). But after a few months the benefits diminish. In my case it was with Pristiq and this medication does not have very low doses available. I intend to try with some SSRI/SNRI that allows to reach a low dosage in a controlled way (without cutting the pill, etc...). I believe this would maintain an almost normal sexuality for a long time and still help with depressive symptoms.

Anyway, just a tip for anyone who wants to try. I've tried bupropion (and low SSRI/SNRI) alone and it doesn't work. Bupropion only improves PSSD with a SSRI/SNRI at a low dosage, improving all symptoms and leaving almost normal.
flexstar13

Re: SSRI/SNRI low dosis plus Bupropion

Unread post by flexstar13 »

I am gonna try bupropion next, but not shure If I will ever take one of these SSRI and SNRIs. I am afraid of making things worse. I read a few stories about people taking Fluoxiton in really small doses….like 5 mg.
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

It is definitely not a safe path. But as I spent a year without any progress (and even worse on the PSSD) combined with depression, I thought it was better to go back to the SNRI. I haven't been able to fully recover, but if I keep that range of 80-90% of what I was before, I'm already very happy.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

narigator wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:17 pm Anyway, just a tip for anyone who wants to try. I've tried bupropion (and low SSRI/SNRI) alone and it doesn't work. Bupropion only improves PSSD with a SSRI/SNRI at a low dosage, improving all symptoms and leaving almost normal.
Have you tried low dose ssris alone? I do not suffer from depression (well now I do, but when I would function I would be finde) so did you take bupropion for depression?