Cured with Zoloft

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
wendysnutswork

Cured with Zoloft

Unread post by wendysnutswork »

It’s been a while since I’ve been back on this forum but there was a post by the owner of the site Ghost that stated his close friend whom he knows personally in real life was cured from PSSD when he reinstated Zoloft and that this remained even after he came off of it.

Has there been any updates to this situation that people on this forum know of? Thanks.
Last edited by wendysnutswork on Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
wendysnutswork

Re: Cured with Zoloft

It was under the thread titled: Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement).
Last edited by wendysnutswork on Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendysnutswork

This is one of the posts by Ghost that I’m referring to.
We've spoken since the original post I made with both good and bad updates. Thing would change but largely stay good - or better than before Zoloft.

2 weeks ago we talked after not speaking in depth for a month and he told me that he was feeling terrible. Most of this was worsened anxiety but the PSSD had come back a bit too. He asked what he could do for the anxiety. PSSD was largely an afterthought at this point as the anxiety was ruining his life and career. Well, as many of you know, I've been in 10+ months of depression remission from Ketamine, and hallucinogens/disassociatives are something I think can really help people in the right context. Anyways I talked him into trying ketamine and his wife was on board too. We found a good clinic near his house and then work got busy for us both and we hadn't talked in 2 weeks. That was until today when he texted me saying we needed to talk.

So review of the timeline - last october is when he started the 50mg Zoloft. Then fast forward til this spring and things start getting better. He stays on Zoloft as it's working for anxiety and PSSD. Then PSSD benefits wear off and anxiety comes rushing back. He ups the dose to 75mg and things just get WORSE. All around. Anxiety and PSSD. This came to a head 2 weeks ago when we talked about Ketamine. So after we talked he started tapering off of the SSRI in prep for the K. I want to clarify that this was not my suggestion to him, he decided that on his own. At this point PSSD was an afterthought compared to the anxiety. The Zoloft was also giving him tinnitus.

So around a week and a half ago he tapered from 75 to 50mg. Then waited a few days. Down to 25. He stayed at that a few days too until quitting fully 4 days ago. He noticed 3 days ago that sex was a bit better, and then 2 days ago he said he was back to that 90-100% he felt before, but this time it was STRONGER. He said he forgot how strong it can be. Also this time the sensitivity of the penis was back and erections came fast like the old days. Needless to say he and his wife have been putting it to good use the past 2 days. He's also terrified it will go away. He said however that this now is the best he's been since 2012 when he got PSSD. Like, it was good before when I posted, but this was BETTER.

So, that's the update. We have plans to actually meet up in real life soon and I can sit down with him and write up a few page doc that's PERFECT with details - assuming things last improvement wise.
Last edited by wendysnutswork on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Copper

Unread post by Copper »

sertraline is a sigma antagonist, i assume that's how he got cured. I tried half a pill a short time ago and I was feeling closer to normal and my cognition got better. Although, I didn't continue taking it because i was scared of the strange feeling i felt on my finger.
wendysnutswork

Copper wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:30 pm sertraline is a sigma antagonist, i assume that's how he got cured. I tried half a pill a short time ago and I was feeling closer to normal and my cognition got better. Although, I didn't continue taking it because i was scared of the strange feeling i felt on my finger.
Honestly, I’m seriously considering trying reinstating because of Ghost’s post about his friend in real life being cured after quitting Zoloft.
I just have doubts since Ghost said that he would provide an update on his friend’s situation as well as a possible Q and A with his friend but none of that has happened yet in almost 2 years. He also updated his success stories website a whole year (2020) after claiming his friend was cured (2019) without adding the success story of his friend which is why I’m hesitant — as I’m uncertain if his friend was actually cured as he claimed.

If I do reinstate I’ll make sure to report back on what I feel.
Last edited by wendysnutswork on Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DWF

Unread post by DWF »

I look forward to your update. I've been thinking about this too. Back in 2015 I went on Zoloft at 50mg and became hyper sexual. When I went up to 100mg this effect stopped, my libido died and since coming off of it in 2016 I have had PSSD. I was wondering if reinstating at 50mg would have the same hyper sexual effects.
wendysnutswork

Any chance anyone on here is able to get in contact with Ghost outside the forum — in order to confirm about what he said about his friend being cured is true?

It’s been two years since he posted this:
Ghost wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:12 pm I spoke with my friend. Still cured. He is working on writing up something and even wants to help with some sort of Q+A or even talking to anyone interested over the phone or forum. He's doing great in nearly every aspect.

He's still busy but wants to work with the community to share his story in the best way possible.

I will share updates as I receive them.
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

About Ghost: I donated something to his research, didn't get a reply. I tried to contact him via reddit and his mail address. He is not active since some months. If you click his profile here, you can see when he was last active.
wendysnutswork

FindGoodNickname wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:28 am About Ghost: I donated something to his research, didn't get a reply. I tried to contact him via reddit and his mail address. He is not active since some months. If you click his profile here, you can see when he was last active.
I tried to contact him through Reddit as well with no avail :/. I see that he has been on since this has been posted though.
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

He is back.