Pituitary gland

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
temp2021

Pituitary gland

Unread post by temp2021 »

Hi everyone,
Anyone by any chance had pituitary MRI? Mine shows my pituitary gland is smaller than normal. Nothing wrong with lab results though. Was just trying to see if there is any correlation between this and pssd.

Thanks!
BlackCat

Re: Pituitary gland

Unread post by BlackCat »

Luteinizing hormone (LH) is produced and released in the anterior pituitary gland. LH is connected to DHEA and testosterone through a cascade of events in the body. It basically controls testosterone production. So, YES, the pituitary gland could have A LOT to do with PSSD. We should all firstly do a full hormone panel and see the numbers.
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

BlackCat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:15 pm Luteinizing hormone (LH) is produced and released in the anterior pituitary gland. LH is connected to DHEA and testosterone through a cascade of events in the body. It basically controls testosterone production. So, YES, the pituitary gland could have A LOT to do with PSSD. We should all firstly do a full hormone panel and see the numbers.
My LH level is incredibly high. I did a Labcorp test and it came in at 39.3 mlU/mL. The reference interval is 1.7-8.6 mlU/mL. My FSH Serum level was also abnormally high, 68.3 mlU/mL, when the reference interval is 1.5-12.4 mlU/mL.
Area1255_2021

Unread post by Area1255_2021 »

I would assume so. Nitric Oxide is low (in the hypothalamus) in PSSD [1] - this leads to lower Pituitary Activity [2] [3].
BlackCat

Unread post by BlackCat »

Brain food wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:38 pm
BlackCat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:15 pm Luteinizing hormone (LH) is produced and released in the anterior pituitary gland. LH is connected to DHEA and testosterone through a cascade of events in the body. It basically controls testosterone production. So, YES, the pituitary gland could have A LOT to do with PSSD. We should all firstly do a full hormone panel and see the numbers.
My LH level is incredibly high. I did a Labcorp test and it came in at 39.3 mlU/mL. The reference interval is 1.7-8.6 mlU/mL. My FSH Serum level was also abnormally high, 68.3 mlU/mL, when the reference interval is 1.5-12.4 mlU/mL.
That's very strange. How high is your testosterone and DHEA?
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

Brain food wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:38 pm
How is your Testo?
If you Testo is low or normal, with a high LH it means you have hypogonadism. Your hypohyse need to compensate with high LH. You should do an Ultrasound of Testicles
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

My LH is high and I’m basically in menopause. Hormones flatlined. Problem is my anhedonia and chronic fatigue get so much worse on hormones. I’ve tried so many times so many ways. It makes no sense.
Copper

Unread post by Copper »

Maxin wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:41 am My LH is high and I’m basically in menopause. Hormones flatlined. Problem is my anhedonia and chronic fatigue get so much worse on hormones. I’ve tried so many times so many ways. It makes no sense.
What's your progesterone, copper, ceruloplasmin, cortisol, zinc and hemoglobin values (lymph and monocytes especially) ?
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Copper wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:17 pm
Maxin wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:41 am My LH is high and I’m basically in menopause. Hormones flatlined. Problem is my anhedonia and chronic fatigue get so much worse on hormones. I’ve tried so many times so many ways. It makes no sense.
What's your progesterone, copper, ceruloplasmin, cortisol, zinc and hemoglobin values (lymph and monocytes especially) ?
My progesterone is very low. Cortisol is high. I’m sorry I had a nutreval test and I don’t remember anything sticking out about copper and zinc. Copper and zinc in hair test was ok as well, but potassium was sky high which was odd and not very common.