Sertraline reinstatement

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Impermanence

Re: Sertraline reinstatement

Unread post by Impermanence »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:52 pm I would consider myself cured if I feel like masturbating 2x a day again and having overwhelming orgasms again.

And the inability to orgasm with my gf bothers me. But it was always like that for me when I used Sertraline. My gf also used an antidepressant, and she had the same problem to get an orgasm back then.
But apart from that, it's good.

Yes, I did not regret reinstating so far. But I will keep posting, and I'm also writing my diary.
But I have noticed that I have to totally force myself to keep writing it because it's not such a huge problem anymore for me.

I think it took around 1.5 months of reinstating for the sex problems to change, so perhaps it will even improve further.

ps:
For objective measurement I use volume of ejaculation and width of ejaculation, btw.
And I can say that this definitively improved for me.
Maybe you are cured from PSSD and you just have difficulty to reach orgasm from serototin (just a side effect of Sertraline). Do you feel like if you quit Sertraline all the previous problem will happen again?
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

No, I am not cured: The libido is not yet where it used to be, and ejaculation volume and width is not normal yet.

Pre-PSSD: Libido 100%, Ejaculation volume: 100%, Ejaculation width: 100%
PSSD: Libido: 5%, Ejaculation volume: 10%, Ejaculation width: 5%
Reinstatement: Libido: 50%, Ejaculation volume: 50%, Ejaculation width: 50-80%

But it's still changing after 2 months. I will keep posting.

About your question: I have no idea, but I can't test it right now. I need Sertraline because of the chronic fatigue and anxiety.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:53 am No, I am not cured: The libido is not yet where it used to be, and ejaculation volume and width is not normal yet.

Pre-PSSD: Libido 100%, Ejaculation volume: 100%, Ejaculation width: 100%
PSSD: Libido: 5%, Ejaculation volume: 10%, Ejaculation width: 5%
Reinstatement: Libido: 50%, Ejaculation volume: 50%, Ejaculation width: 50-80%

But it's still changing after 2 months. I will keep posting.

About your question: I have no idea, but I can't test it right now. I need Sertraline because of the chronic fatigue and anxiety.
Labs requires around five days ejaculation abstinence minimum to access sperm count and volume. Because it's basic physiology that the body needs time to produce more cum ... Have you had such period of abstinence to access "volume"?. Just saying because I have seen people claiming "low volume" while fapping many times a day.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
FindGoodNickname

I am not talking about sperm count, just volume of ejaculation. No, I don't have any abstinence. But I could see the difference from PSSD to reinstatement.
Just an update: Today is a really bad day. I am totally fatigue and no libido so far.
FindGoodNickname

Today was a totally fatigue day again. I slept way too long and then was still tired and could have slept again.
Then I took an additional of 25 mg, and my mood switched to positive, and I was no longer tired.
I am soooo f*cking scared that the fatigue will become more and that I will be a chronic fatigue patient.
I will try to fight it by using more Sertraline if I feel sleepy.
FindGoodNickname

Currently my fatigue is absolutely horrorful.
I sleep 16 hours a day.
I would need to have to see if it gets better again if I stop Sertraline.
Currently I am under the impression that Sertraline worsens it, but on the other hand, fatigue started before I reinstated.
But it's really unnerving.
Sleeping feels great and relaxing, but on the other hand I can not sleep my entire life...
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:01 pm Currently my fatigue is absolutely horrorful.
I sleep 16 hours a day.
I would need to have to see if it gets better again if I stop Sertraline.
Currently I am under the impression that Sertraline worsens it, but on the other hand, fatigue started before I reinstated.
But it's really unnerving.
Sleeping feels great and relaxing, but on the other hand I can not sleep my entire life...
Hi man, what about your sexual dysfunction? It's normal already?
FindGoodNickname

Libido and ejaculation volume is much better.
Erectile dysfunction is gone.
But anesthesia is still present at 50%.

But the fatigue is so cruel. Now I try maximal amounts of Sertraline (200 mg) to see if it defeats the fatigue.
Back when I still used Sertraline (pre-PSSD) and did not use Sertraline for a few days, I got totally fatigue.
So it definitely has to do somewith with Sertraline and not with anything else.

But now (post-pssd), Sertraline does not have the usual effect anymore. Before PSSD, I would use 15 mg and feel like high on drugs.
Now I take MUCH more and don't feel very much.

I wonder if I should combine Sertraline with anything else to get rid of the fatigue. But I wouldn't know what.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:12 pm Libido and ejaculation volume is much better.
Erectile dysfunction is gone.
But anesthesia is still present at 50%.

But the fatigue is so cruel. Now I try maximal amounts of Sertraline (200 mg) to see if it defeats the fatigue.
Back when I still used Sertraline (pre-PSSD) and did not use Sertraline for a few days, I got totally fatigue.
So it definitely has to do somewith with Sertraline and not with anything else.

But now (post-pssd), Sertraline does not have the usual effect anymore. Before PSSD, I would use 15 mg and feel like high on drugs.
Now I take MUCH more and don't feel very much.

I wonder if I should combine Sertraline with anything else to get rid of the fatigue. But I wouldn't know what.
From some stories, after recovery from pssd sexual dysfunction and go on ssri again it ruined again their recovery, so it needs to be very careful, if u do have sertraline with something else
FindGoodNickname

I have now taken 200 mg.
Pre-PSSD, I could use 15 mg, and I was REALLY on the edge already.
Now I don't feel much with 200 mg.
I feel bad using so much, but I want to feel more effect.