Sertraline reinstatement

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
FindGoodNickname

Re: Sertraline reinstatement

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

So you don't feel any high at all?
It just puts your thoughts into order?
Sertraline reinstatement caused my addiction tendencies to revive.

I am a dry alcoholic, and I feel the urge to drink again.
And I feel like wanting to feel even better, that's why I ask about Ritalin.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:25 pm So you don't feel any high at all?
It just puts your thoughts into order?
Sertraline reinstatement caused my addiction tendencies to revive.
I am a dry alcoholic, and I feel the urge to drink again.
And I feel like wanting to feel even better, that's why I ask about Ritalin.

I don't feel high at all, the dosage is in the prescription range for adults.
it's like what you said, it puts my thoughts "into order" and I even feel calmer and less impulsive.
There are studies showing that people with ADHD under treatment have fewer drug abuse impulses.
I am kinda surprised sertraline gives you such impulses to feel better, have you checked it with your doctor?
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
FindGoodNickname

I got the initial dose of Sertraline from a relative who is a psychiatrist.
She was totally shocked when I told her about PSSD, she had never heard of it. Patients never even told her about sexual problems while using antidepressants, else she would not have prescribed it to me.
And when we tried to find an antidepressant that would help me in the first place, she simply gave them to me one by one until I found the one that works best for me (Sertraline).

When I experienced sexual problems, I changed doctors because I felt that this family connection was not good.

I went to my alcohol substitution doctor and told him that Sertraline gives me sexual problems. This psychiatrist told me that he himself used Sertraline and that it didn't cause him any sexual problems. He prescribed me Venlaflaxin, telling me that it is known for causing less sexual problems and that it helped a family member of his.

When it didn't work, he sent me to a collegue who is a psychiatrist.
This psychiatrist also didn't know about any sexual problems when using antidepressants. He said patients never told him about such.
And we tried all kinds of antidepressants to see which one would cause least problems.

As you can see, there is nobody whom I could ask for any real advice.
So much about your question "have you checked it with your doctor?"

It's just trial and error in psychiatry.

I think also pharma industry don't know how it works specifically, else they would already have designed the perfect drug without any side effects and perfect effect for anybody.

I have more people in my family who are medical doctors, and I told all of them about it, but nobody knew about sexual problems when using antidepressant. But one family member told me that he suffers from PFS since stopping Finasterid.

ps: Sorry, as you can see from the long post, Sertraline makes me really chatty.
Hasiano

Help me someone

Unread post by Hasiano »

I am the Hüseyin Celikten and I am 27 years old. I went to the psychiatrist in April 2020 and I was very prescribed Sertraline 100 mg. I took one tablet every day for 7 days. For the next 3 days then 2 tablets every day and suddenly I got sexual disorders. I then immediately stopped taking the tablets. And after 2 weeks the symptoms disappeared. The potency was back 100%. I'm not so sure now. 18 months later I thought everything was good and the thing was over. And suddenly after 18 months on September 29, 2021 I felt that something was wrong. Potency suddenly got worse and then over the next few days the potency was damaged. And I also have genital numbness and numbness, pain, and sometimes premature ejaculation. I don't get it right, etc. my life has changed completely. I hope you can help me
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:06 pm I got the initial dose of Sertraline from a relative who is a psychiatrist.
She was totally shocked when I told her about PSSD, she had never heard of it. Patients never even told her about sexual problems while using antidepressants, else she would not have prescribed it to me.
And when we tried to find an antidepressant that would help me in the first place, she simply gave them to me one by one until I found the one that works best for me (Sertraline).

When I experienced sexual problems, I changed doctors because I felt that this family connection was not good.

I went to my alcohol substitution doctor and told him that Sertraline gives me sexual problems. This psychiatrist told me that he himself used Sertraline and that it didn't cause him any sexual problems. He prescribed me Venlaflaxin, telling me that it is known for causing less sexual problems and that it helped a family member of his.

When it didn't work, he sent me to a collegue who is a psychiatrist.
This psychiatrist also didn't know about any sexual problems when using antidepressants. He said patients never told him about such.
And we tried all kinds of antidepressants to see which one would cause least problems.

As you can see, there is nobody whom I could ask for any real advice.
So much about your question "have you checked it with your doctor?"

It's just trial and error in psychiatry.

I think also pharma industry don't know how it works specifically, else they would already have designed the perfect drug without any side effects and perfect effect for anybody.

I have more people in my family who are medical doctors, and I told all of them about it, but nobody knew about sexual problems when using antidepressant. But one family member told me that he suffers from PFS since stopping Finasterid.

ps: Sorry, as you can see from the long post, Sertraline makes me really chatty.

"She was totally shocked when I told her about PSSD, she had never heard of it. Patients never even told her about sexual problems while using antidepressants, else she would not have prescribed it to me."

Are psychiatrist really this ignorant of the possible symptoms linked to ssri ingestion or are they just psychopaths that love lying? like even if no patient told her she didn't know? I call bs but i suppose is better to think she's just criminally ignorant.

"This psychiatrist also didn't know about any sexual problems when using antidepressants. He said patients never told him about such."

1.- What the hell are they teaching at psychiatry school that we hay these psychiatrists not knowing about sexual problems when using SSRIs?

2.- Can't they Google what they prescribe? Isn't their duty to keep on date with the news?

3.- Maybe they teach them to deny it all.. it's like psychiatry is a gremio, an exclusive "club" where one all agree to help each other even at the cost of patients' health.

Your post isn't long, nothing wrong with being chatty.
I think if you start feeling better and make changes in your life, get a cute gf etc you may see improvements regarding sexual symptoms. Keep us updated and g'luck!
FindGoodNickname

Re: Help me someone

Hasiano wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:34 am I am the Hüseyin Celikten and I am 27 years old. I went to the psychiatrist in April 2020 and I was very prescribed Sertraline 100 mg. I took one tablet every day for 7 days. For the next 3 days then 2 tablets every day and suddenly I got sexual disorders. I then immediately stopped taking the tablets. And after 2 weeks the symptoms disappeared. The potency was back 100%. I'm not so sure now. 18 months later I thought everything was good and the thing was over. And suddenly after 18 months on September 29, 2021 I felt that something was wrong. Potency suddenly got worse and then over the next few days the potency was damaged. And I also have genital numbness and numbness, pain, and sometimes premature ejaculation. I don't get it right, etc. my life has changed completely. I hope you can help me
Hi Hüseyin,

how could I help you? I suffer from the same problems as you.
Perhaps you should wrote your own post? Your info (when you took it, for how long, and when exactely PSSD disappeared and re-occured) is really good, perhaps it helps others.

The more people write their own report, the better it is.
I think there are many people who don't write.

The more info and more cases we document well, the better.
IHateProzac

Re: Help me someone

Unread post by IHateProzac »

Hasiano wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:34 am I am the Hüseyin Celikten and I am 27 years old. I went to the psychiatrist in April 2020 and I was very prescribed Sertraline 100 mg. I took one tablet every day for 7 days. For the next 3 days then 2 tablets every day and suddenly I got sexual disorders. I then immediately stopped taking the tablets. And after 2 weeks the symptoms disappeared. The potency was back 100%. I'm not so sure now. 18 months later I thought everything was good and the thing was over. And suddenly after 18 months on September 29, 2021 I felt that something was wrong. Potency suddenly got worse and then over the next few days the potency was damaged. And I also have genital numbness and numbness, pain, and sometimes premature ejaculation. I don't get it right, etc. my life has changed completely. I hope you can help me
Hi Hüseyin, are you from Turkey?

I am surprised - or may be not - that your psych started you on a 100 mg dose. Are you saying that your sexual dysfunction(s) started 18 months after discontinuing? or did you go back on Sertraline after you recovered 100%? It would be surprising if it started 18 months after complete discontinuation. I for one have not come across something like that. It is possible that your symptoms are psychological with your anxiety (if it's still there) being the underlying cause or it could be a hormonal thing. Best get some blood tests done (Testosterone, Thyroid profile, prolactin, etc) before jumping to conclusions.
FindGoodNickname

An update: I feel so much better. My anxiety is gone, and I feel good again.
Before reinstatement, I slept over 12 hours and could additionally sleep anytime. I thought I had chronic fatigue and was afraid if it becomes even more drastic.

Now I sleep only 7-8 hours and feel great.

Orgasms are really exhausting now, but not yet super pleasureful. But more plesasureful than before indeed. I remember that before reinstating, my orgasm was MUTE. I didn't feel ANY exhaustion or joy, it was just over.

Side effects from Sertraline are (like when I used to take it all the years before) a bit maniac, very driven, I run all the time instead of walking, and my night vision is HORRIBLE when I use Sertraline.
I noticed that when I use it, I can barely see anything because of the color bleeding effect of bad night vision. This is REALLY unnerving and dangerous because I need to drive at work, and I can not always return before it turns dark.
It's a real problem for me currently. Yesterday, I almost had an accident.
Without Sertraline, my night vision is better.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

How you doing with the reinstatement, dude? any physical changes? mental? hair healthy? genital numbness? anxiety? depression?

If you must. I understand if you rather stop posting
FindGoodNickname

Hi, thanks for asking.
I feel fine. My anxiety is pretty much gone, and I feel very active. I am also a bit less sleepy.
Sertraline made my penis totally numb, but I feel a bit more sexual.
Yesterday I had a short window where I actually felt something, and it was so great.
And I had a great orgasm, like before I stopped Sertraline (which made PSSD kick in really hard).
And my penis was hard.
I now know that sex is some things in combination, and that some might be missing while others are present:

1) Erection
2) Libido
3) Feeling or numbness
4) Being able to cum (or premature ejaculation? I have no experience with this)

It feels so strange when I have an erection but no libido and don't feel anything. But yesterday, the combination of what was working was pleasant.