stimulants might have cured my PSSD

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ihatelexapro444

stimulants might have cured my PSSD

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

I'm 8 months since off of escitalopram and during those 8 months, there were minor improvements but very little, and windows of days where it felt decent, but still not good enough to old feeling, and there are days where it felt completely dead in the orgasm. Recently I got really really desperate and so I bought and took a few pills of stimulants (vyvanse), and it switched something permanent in my brain I think, because now I orgasm and feel almost identical if not better than before SSRI. Just a few pills were enough, and it seems long lasting so far, I mean last pill I took was weeks ago, and I still feel good in my orgasm.

I still suffer from other areas from SSRIs though, such as anhedonia, cognition, but PSSD and sexual functions is pretty good.
JakeLawe

Re: stimulants might have cured my PSSD

Unread post by JakeLawe »

What about genital numbness? you had it? still have it?
ihatelexapro444

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

JakeLawe wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:07 am What about genital numbness? you had it? still have it?
gone
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Did you have ED before vyvanse ? You didn't tell anything about libido as well
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:52 pm
JakeLawe wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:07 am What about genital numbness? you had it? still have it?
gone
Awesome. How did it felt before?
Idoagree

Unread post by Idoagree »

Aww man. I really hate to come in here and say this. But it sounds like you’re in a euphoric state at the moment. I’ve known 3 people that took stimulates(vyvanse being one of them)and crashed a month or two later with worsening symptoms. I’d be very very careful from here on out.

Keep us updated tho!
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Idoagree wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:05 pm Aww man. I really hate to come in here and say this. But it sounds like you’re in a euphoric state at the moment. I’ve known 3 people that took stimulates(vyvanse being one of them)and crashed a month or two later with worsening symptoms. I’d be very very careful from here on out.

Keep us updated tho!
It was mentioned the last pill was taken weeks ago.
And the "crash" examples you described sounds pretty much like bipolar manic/hypomanic switch triggered by stimulants (windows) followed by exhaustion and deep depressive states but called "worsening of symptoms" (waves).
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

As someone who also has PSSD from escitalopram this is very interesting. Has anyone else had similar results?

The medication you mention is not something that will be easy to come by here in the UK. If this has helped a number of people it's possible my doctor may prescribe it.
theheckme

Unread post by theheckme »

does it still work?