Low dose mirtazapine is prosexual

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
narigator

Low dose mirtazapine is prosexual

Unread post by narigator »

I have PSSD since 2017 and needed something for depression this year. I have been using mirtazapine for a month but I am not used to the therapeutic doses because it has a very strong sedative effect.

I kept 7.5mg and less of that to do a correct weaning and I have a very high libido. I'm also feeling much more pleasure. It's been very promising. In high doses I didn't feel the same.
BruteForce

Re: Low dose mirtazapine is prosexual

Unread post by BruteForce »

Do you have ED?
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

Yes, partially. Mirtazapine neither helped nor harmed.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

I had taken 7,5mg mirtazapine for three months, after my first slight PSSD, to fight insomnia. It was already pretty sedative... and prosexual.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

DISCLAIMER: I have tried many supplements and have never permanently crashed from them. So, my form of PSSD might be different than yours.

TL;DR - Mirtazapine has given me my largest antidepressant window in 2 years. Not sure if it’s a rebound effect, or just the delayed antidepressant effect of the drug.

I have been severely depressed for more than 12 months. My main PSSD symptom is weak orgasm (maybe 20%), although my first symptom was severe PE. I also get plenty of sleep but never feel rested.

I’ve tried going back on SSRIs for depression and social anxiety but they don’t work for me anymore.

I started Mirtazapine last week and it has had a very strong antidepressant effect on me. For the first time in a long time, I have motivation to take care of myself and I find pleasure in things. This has been the case for the last 4 days. I’ve tried many things for depression and nothing has ever worked for more than 1 day, after PSSD.

Have had no worsening of PSSD. In fact, it feels like my libido is better and my semen looks normal again. Orgasm is not improved but I don’t really care.

I actually stopped taking it 4 days ago because I foolishly took 10mg of citalopram with it and I think it gave me serotonin syndrome, as evidenced by full body myoclonus. But the muscle twitches happened less and less over the last 4 days and I am back to normal - except depression free. I’m considering taking it at 3mg to try and maintain this state. But I first want to make sure the myoclonus is gone for a few days.
Psychological-Safe15

Unread post by Psychological-Safe15 »

what do you mean by weak orgasm ? you mean you dont shoot far ??
Gameclay

Unread post by Gameclay »

Psychological-Safe15 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:52 pm what do you mean by weak orgasm ? you mean you dont shoot far ??
i think he means Orgasm Intesity (Pleasure)
survivor77

Unread post by survivor77 »

Remeron is a safe drug in this regards from my experience
cpwsu1241

Unread post by cpwsu1241 »

Mirtazapine/Remeron gave me PSSD...even though it's not an ssri