Best SSRI to use for reinstatement? Sertraline?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ihatelexapro444

Best SSRI to use for reinstatement? Sertraline?

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

It seems like Sertraline is the one people found to have helped the most for reinstatement, with reports regarding regaining emotions, sexual function and nearly if not completely reverses everything their previous SSRI may have left them with. I wonder if there's anything else? Is it just sertraline?
JP1985

Re: Best SSRI to use for reinstatement? Sertraline?

Unread post by JP1985 »

Interesting.. Where have you seen people have success with sertraline?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

I've been on it for over 2 years I've been slowly tapering.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

The best would be paroxetine with shortest half life, but sertraline is close. With micro dose like 1mg they both should be fully metabolised within 1 day.
ihatelexapro444

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

Sertraline, the only SSRI that increases dopamine:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20816814/

"We examined effects of sertraline, fluvoxamine, and paroxetine on extracellular serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline levels in the medial prefrontal cortex, nucleus accumbens and striatum of rats using in vivo microdialysis."

"Only sertraline administration increased extracellular dopamine concentrations in the nucleus accumbens and striatum."

https://www.emedexpert.com/compare-meds ... tine.shtml

"Sertraline mildly inhibits dopamine reuptake and this property may help with cognitive and emotional flattening."

"Sertraline has mild dopamine stimulating effects, and increases neurotransmission of dopamine. Of the SSRIs, sertraline is the most potent inhibitor of dopamine reuptake transporter."

https://findanyanswer.com/what-antidepr ... t-dopamine

"Does Zoloft affect dopamine?

Sertraline is an SSRI, but, uniquely among most antidepressants, it shows relatively high (nanomolar) affinity for the DAT in addition to the SERT. As such, it has been suggested that clinically it may weakly inhibit the reuptake of dopamine, particularly at high dosages."

Perhaps this is why Sertraline works as reinstatement for reversing.
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

GIXXER wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:40 am I've been on it for over 2 years I've been slowly tapering.
Did reinstatement help you?
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Help in what sense?
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Yeaterday I have to take 2.5mg Paroxetine (only one time, no reinstatement) after 1-2 months without it. Days ago I start having gut issues, next libido / erection issues, next some anxiety… to avoid benzos just used a single SSRI dosing.

Today I have no more gut / anxiety issues, libido and erections are back. But have delayed ejaculation.

Hope no more dosing needed.. everything start with gut issues and a single SSRI dose fix that.
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

GIXXER wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:37 pm Help in what sense?
Mentally? Physically? In any way shape or form? (Not sure why you won't ever answer this question with anything other than "in what way?". I've always been genuinely curious.)

Since ya been on for over 2 years it's gotta be doing something for ya.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Mentally at higher doses it made me an numb zombie, brain fog, and just an overall sense of feeling nothing. Yes it took away the depression, but it also took away my ability to feel anything else.

Physically I gained 30 lbs. I would attribute this to having no motivation, and eating what ever I want when wanted even when I wasnt hungry.

Whats odd is I would wake up with erections, could get erections, and even have sex. However my penis was numb, I had no feeling to the sex or the sensation, I could not climax or ejaculate. If I did I felt no pleasure from it.

Im slowly tapering down to a lower dose to see if I can find that proper dose that works for me. Its still a work in progress.