only two things that have worked for me ( alcohol and gabapentin )

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
survivor77

only two things that have worked for me ( alcohol and gabapentin )

Unread post by survivor77 »

12 years ago the drug that wrecked my system was Cymbalta. My reaction to it was severe and this included long term disabling fatigue and sexual numbness and zero libido.

Alcohol hangovers - pro sexual and very horny. Obviously this is a piss poor solution. Quit drinking 6 months ago. This seems to relate to glutamate as this is a major player in hangover etiology. Either that or somehow a hangover gives an HPTA boost or something , at least temporarily.

Gabapentin. For whatever reason , this stuff just makes me want sex. And what's crazy , it seems to shorten refractory time and intensity orgasm.

My libido isnt great , and I never have morning erections and I definitely have chronic depression. Gabapentin makes me want to have sex , and the sex and release from it is enhanced. Only take 100-200 mg maybe a few times a week.

My med combo is Mirtazipine low dose , Latuda 5mg and Lithium 75mg.

In 12 years this is all I have found , substance wise.
Last edited by survivor77 on Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Numbtomind 2

Re: only two things that have worked for me ( alcohol and gabapentin )

Unread post by Numbtomind 2 »

In those 12 years, have you found that you recoverd from emotional numbness/pleasure in activities? How's your memory and cogintive abilities compared to pre pssd?
75mg Clomipramine. june-july 2018
(Anxiety/Ocd)

Current symtoms I'm experiencing.
Emotional numbness, Pleasurless activities, Complete sexual system shutdown.
survivor77

Unread post by survivor77 »

Brain fog is better. Short term memory is awful.

My cognitive function is some days totally normal.

As far as emotional numbness , I tend to get too excited about things. I definitely still oscillate between feeling numb and feeling alright and this might just be part of my depression.

Looking back , if it wasnt one thing it was another.

Sexually things are vastly improved. Im not really horny that much yet my sex life exists and feels passionate.

Im grateful gabapentin exists. Havent found anything else really.

I dont have any hope of regaining what was lost though. Some others who are younger may have a shot though. Whatever I experienced with Cymbalta felt like it reformatted my entire system and personality.
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

I read alcohol short term upregulates SERT, often downregulated (permanently?) after SSRI use.