Doctor Refused SIBO test

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Maxin

Doctor Refused SIBO test

Unread post by Maxin »

I’m so frustrated right now. I just finished my telehealth appt. I’m tired of doctors and their egos.
I basically just requested getting tested due to bloated stomach, loose stools and chronic fatigue. I explained how I’ve had diagnosis of IBS in the past and that I’ve been ill for 17 years. That I’ve seen numerous doctors trying to get a clearer concise picture of what could be wrong. And hence why I want a sibo test. And that irritable bowel syndrome is just an umbrella term. It literally means an irritable bowel of unknown cause.
He then went in to tell me how rare sibo is, which is SO not true! And that it only occurs for example if someone has an immune issue. I just had finished telling him I have chronic fatigue syndrome! Then he went in to tell me that he thinks I have IBS. I hope you all can see the hypocrisy that we circled back to that great and thorough diagnosis.
So now, he said he will give me a sibo test only if necessary after getting a colonoscopy and endoscopy.
I don’t understand how other people just get whatever they need tested. I always run into this. I’m so tired of medical professionals.
tonyareias

Re: Doctor Refused SIBO test

Unread post by tonyareias »

Try other doctor. There’s ego-stupid doctors in world.
arahant

Re: Doctor Refused SIBO test

Unread post by arahant »

Maxin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:54 pm I’m so frustrated right now. I just finished my telehealth appt. I’m tired of doctors and their egos.
I basically just requested getting tested due to bloated stomach, loose stools and chronic fatigue. I explained how I’ve had diagnosis of IBS in the past and that I’ve been ill for 17 years. That I’ve seen numerous doctors trying to get a clearer concise picture of what could be wrong. And hence why I want a sibo test. And that irritable bowel syndrome is just an umbrella term. It literally means an irritable bowel of unknown cause.
He then went in to tell me how rare sibo is, which is SO not true! And that it only occurs for example if someone has an immune issue. I just had finished telling him I have chronic fatigue syndrome! Then he went in to tell me that he thinks I have IBS. I hope you all can see the hypocrisy that we circled back to that great and thorough diagnosis.
So now, he said he will give me a sibo test only if necessary after getting a colonoscopy and endoscopy.
I don’t understand how other people just get whatever they need tested. I always run into this. I’m so tired of medical professionals.
They don't like if you go straight "asking for tests" because it sounds you are pretending to be a doctor, most people don't realize that asking for exams is practicing medicine. It's is kinda rude to be honest, imagine going to a lawyer and tell them how they should proceed and write the lawsuit? It's wiser playing with their ego, you just tell your symptoms like a puzzle you know the result, they must feel it's their decision and not yours. But that's not garanteed either.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)