Being on Bupropion improves my PSSD

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ihatelexapro444

Being on Bupropion improves my PSSD

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

at least to 80-90% and it's consistent, also extreme libido. At first it felt like it worsened PSSD, due to some action at the 5Ht1A receptor, but over 2 weeks, I'm not sure what it did, but I began to be able to orgasm at about 80-90%, and extreme libido, I mean masturbating more than 3 times a day. 150 mg XL. When I made a post about stimulant curing me, yes it did but there was still windows where it didn't, bupropion daily dosage seems to fix it.
Integra

Re: Bupropion cured my PSSD

Unread post by Integra »

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:34 pm at least to 80-90% and it's consistent, also extreme libido. At first it felt like it worsened PSSD, due to some action at the 5Ht1A receptor, but over 2 weeks, I'm not sure what it did, but I began to be able to orgasm at about 80-90%, and extreme libido, I mean masturbating more than 3 times a day. 150 mg XL. When I made a post about stimulant curing me, yes it did but there was still windows where it didn't, bupropion daily dosage seems to fix it.
What about anhedonia?
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:34 pm at least to 80-90% and it's consistent, also extreme libido. At first it felt like it worsened PSSD, due to some action at the 5Ht1A receptor, but over 2 weeks, I'm not sure what it did, but I began to be able to orgasm at about 80-90%, and extreme libido, I mean masturbating more than 3 times a day. 150 mg XL. When I made a post about stimulant curing me, yes it did but there was still windows where it didn't, bupropion daily dosage seems to fix it.
Awesome. How long have you been off SSRIs before you took Wellbutrin? Which SSRI caused your PSSD?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

I wish it did this for me. I've tried at least 4 times over the years, but could only last a few days. The side effects, and intrusive thoughts were too much. It's crazy because I've done a few different gene therapy tests, and both said I would respond best to Bupropion.

What dose did you start at, how long did it take before you started feeling the positive effects?
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Did you have ED or not ?
ihatelexapro444

GIXXER wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:57 am I wish it did this for me. I've tried at least 4 times over the years, but could only last a few days. The side effects, and intrusive thoughts were too much. It's crazy because I've done a few different gene therapy tests, and both said I would respond best to Bupropion.

What dose did you start at, how long did it take before you started feeling the positive effects?
started at 150 mg xl, still at 150 mg xl, you need to keep going and not stop, i also had intense anxiety, constipation, instrusive thoughts, paranoia, rapid heart beat in the first week or few days, and the pssd was worse, but after 2-3 weeks, all side effects gone and my pssd cured. Also it's not even in its full effect yet until 1 month in or more.
I also quit once because i couldn't bare it, but second time i told myself to push through and it's worth it.
Last edited by ihatelexapro444 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Glad you’ve found some relief! Just to clarify, do you still take bupropion?
ihatelexapro444

JP1985 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:29 am
Awesome. How long have you been off SSRIs before you took Wellbutrin? Which SSRI caused your PSSD?
1 year off of lexapro which i took for 2 months. the pssd started curing when i took stimulant and wellbutrin, basically dopamine drugs.
ihatelexapro444

Frog wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:26 am Glad you’ve found some relief! Just to clarify, do you still take bupropion?
Yes still on it atm, about 3 weeks in so far.
ihatelexapro444

fellow1 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:01 am
Did you have ED or not ?
no ED, but did experienced very numb and weakened orgasm, smaller erection, lower libido, lower genital sensitivity or numbing of the genital.