is 10 months too late to reinstate?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ihatelexapro444

is 10 months too late to reinstate?

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

Wellbutrin helped with my PSSD, but it didn't help for other issues such as anhedonia, cognition, which I need as much as sexual functions.
I'm thinking of reinstating lexapro, what's your suggestion?
I have not seen improvements in anhedonia or cognitive impairment for the past months. I have about 30 pills at 10 mg each, thinking of cutting all in half or quarter to 5 mg/2.5mg and reinstate.

I used to be so excited to do things, intense moments and bursts of motivation, whether it be watching a TV show, movie, playing video games, studying, watching YouTube, I was very alive back then and I think it's because my dopamine level was crazy high naturally. After I took this medication because I had to deal with very intense stress situation, I felt as though my emotions were gone, feelings of excitement, motivation, joy, all gone.

I saw some people saying there were successful reinstatement after years, but most say if it's over 1-3 months, it's too late to reinstate.
FindGoodNickname

Re: is 10 months too late to reinstate?

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Personally, I can say that reinstating helped me with anhedonia and experiencing love again and genital numbness. But after around 24 months, it was clearly too late, and I did (so far) not recover, I have only improved like 50%. But for me, it was still worth it. I wish I started earlier.
ihatelexapro444

FindGoodNickname wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:08 pm Personally, I can say that reinstating helped me with anhedonia and experiencing love again and genital numbness. But after around 24 months, it was clearly too late, and I did (so far) not recover, I have only improved like 50%. But for me, it was still worth it. I wish I started earlier.
did you reinstate with the same drug? Or was it a different SSRI?
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

I dont see much logic in reinstating briefly after the first pssd signs. In fact, it makes sense to give the body a chance to get back into shape before you try anything else.
Sure tapering could be a preferred way to lower the ssri dosage, but thats no guarantee either.

Of the couple cases where reinstating worked i didnt see any time component, but curious to hear if you have other examples.
FindGoodNickname

@Jaxx That is what I thought so, too, but NOW I wish I had reinstated right away. I was so angry at pharma and afraid to start the drug again. And I really thought I would heal. But after 2 years without any improvement and with anxiety returning, I gave up waiting.

@ihatelexapro With the same drug that gave me PSSD, Sertraline.
ihatelexapro444

FindGoodNickname wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:37 pm @Jaxx That is what I thought so, too, but NOW I wish I had reinstated right away. I was so angry at pharma and afraid to start the drug again. And I really thought I would heal. But after 2 years without any improvement and with anxiety returning, I gave up waiting.

@ihatelexapro With the same drug that gave me PSSD, Sertraline.
I see, I reinstated today, what dose did you go for? I'm on 2.5 mg, standard for lexapro is 10 mg, heard people say when reinstating, it's good to go low dose first.
Also, have you tried adding other drugs like Wellbutrin? It could help even more.
FindGoodNickname

Yes, I reinstated with the same drug.
I did try reinstating when I first noticed PSSD (after 1 month), but I used a too low dose, I think. It would not immediately get back to normal. Then I made the mistake of telling myself it will go away by just waiting.
Yes, I use Bupropion now (=Wellbutrin).
Since low dose did not work for me, I would guess you'd have to go full dose. And when you notice that everything gets back to normal, then you can experiment with the dose.
That's how I would do it now.