Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
dangerwood

Re: Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms)

Unread post by dangerwood »

I’m that user you have mentioned ^

For what it’s worth I’m still recovered. The effects of that one dose I took 5 months ago have lasted to this day. I’m pretty confident at this point some sort of permanent changes have been made. Last night I masturbated and everything was 100%.
We're all gonna make it brah
voyteck

Unread post by voyteck »

My 2 cents. Shrooms didn't help - neither for PSSD nor anything else.
2 sessions. 1st time: didn't even work. 2nd time: did work but had mainly negative effects (some of them probably due to interaction with my strange depression/CFS and/or PAWS from drugs).
That's why I am not going to try them anymore or at least for a long time.
continue

Unread post by continue »

dangerwood wrote:I’m that user you have mentioned ^

For what it’s worth I’m still recovered. The effects of that one dose I took 5 months ago have lasted to this day. I’m pretty confident at this point some sort of permanent changes have been made. Last night I masturbated and everything was 100%.
what dose did you take?
and did you take only one dose?
what were your symptoms before taking it?
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Tim Ferriss podcast talking about microdosing psilocybin

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0c ... 4626430904
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I promised an update for my high-dose mushroom trip, which now was over a month ago.

I can try to describe it as best I can.

Basically, it was one of the most important experiences of my life. My intentions were treating OCD and PSSD - they were in no way hedonistic. In fact, I was terrified of psilocybin and still am.

A close friend of ours who I won't name for privacy reasons used a similar experience to cure his depression. When I asked him how it happened the best he could do is say that Psilocybin showed him "the game" of life. I think that's a good way of putting it. My experience was both enlightening and confusing all at once. There was terror and euphoria. Through this I reached a state of pure experience and was separated from the pain of normal reality. In this sense I broke through and got to where I wanted to get. I cried a lot and finally realized how people are changed from an experience like the one I was having. At the time, this trip felt like the most important thing that I would ever do. I cried for the people who would never get the same experience. It was a peak experience, and one that transended beyond anything that I beleived possible.

In short, psilocybin is just like life: everything and nothing at all. It's both consiousness elevated and totally numbed. Whatever it is, it's fleeting, just like our time on earth. I felt an enormous sense of regret for wasting my only chance to live being miserable. After all, this reality is the only one that I will ever get to experience. Sure, it's part of a bigger collective consciousness, but I'm but a tiny and dimming star in an entire universe.

Now did this help my PSSD? Not really, in so far as I think my functioning is the same. However, it improved my outlook on sex and showed me that we as humans really have no idea what we are doing. We take it all way too seriously. Sex is important but for me I realized that it was only part of the bigger picture of experience - if it wasn't working for me then it was my choice how I wanted to respond to that. I had been listening to society talk about sex and using those expectation, but I didn't have to do that. There was no rule saying that I had to want what society wanted or act how society acts. Mushrooms will rip away every construct you have and let you see life without them.

PSSD is horrible but if you take away the framework telling you that you need to have sex to be fulfilled you can temoporarily see happiness without it. Again, it can't be understated how intensely psilocybin opens you to new ways of thinking. Most things that you don't think are a choice ARE a choice. We tell ourselves stories to make our reality easier, but our society is one of countless ways that society could be structured. That's why governments hate it, it resets everything to baseline for a few hours. You level the playing field of conceptions.

So in review I did the high dose reluctantly for medical reasons with no intention of it being a development tool, but it ended up being a wild experience that I think would be a benefit to most people. For me it didn't do much for PSSD but left me with an entirely new way of viewing the world - which I think made me a better person. I'm still all in for treating PSSD and I've broken into psychedelics as an accident. The drugs will tell you it's not an accident and that you found your way here for a reason, but I tend to think that's just a side effect of the drug and not something spiritual or similar. I'm really still unable to put the experience into words or talk about it coherently but I felt that I owed it to the community to try. I may come back to edit this when I let it sit a bit more and can reflect - but it's really so foreign that it doesn't fit nicely into english. I'll probably try Mescaline and Ayahuascha for OCD/PSSD as well and come back with reviews for those at some point. Aya especially interests me.

yea that's it. I'd be happy to answer any questions ppl have too.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Lost

Unread post by Lost »

Hi @Ghost. Nice to see you on the forum again.
Have you ever tried Keto diet for the ocd you're handling? Some people says it helped then tremendously, maybe worth a shot.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I have not, but I'm open to doing it!

I know that if I do a strict paleo diet that it's a bit better too. It's just so hard, expensive, and time consuming to do - and it's not absolute. I'll try Keto tho if people think it really helps.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Keto is definitly worth trying with OCD, cured mine. But u should watch out with PSSD, because it lowers glutamate and raises GABA. Beneficial for OCD, not always beneficial for PSSD.
R3m3dy

Unread post by R3m3dy »

Hi Ghost, welcome back! Mind sharing how big your dose was in grams?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

R3m3dy wrote:Hi Ghost, welcome back! Mind sharing how big your dose was in grams?
5g. I know it varies a bit by the type of mushroom, and mine was quite strong.

I'd consider going higher in the future.